Jump to content

Hints of Ryndam Changes


InTheWASide
 Share

Recommended Posts

Found this link on the HAL website with a quick compare chart across the fleet.

file://usflnas1/Home$/559897/Downloads/HAL_Ships_at_a_Glance_Chart.pdf

 

Comparing Ryndam to sisters Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam a couple things stand out:

   No De Librije popup (dont in the PG 1 or 2 nights each cruise)

   Instead of the Fuji Wonder Shop for photos, there is just "Photo Shop"

   BLEND by Chateau Ste Michelle will not be onboard

   Another thread someone was wondering if it will be a "Crow's Nest" or an "EXC" and the chart shows EXC.

 

So there's at least one space with something new coming and that's the space BLEND previously took up.

It will be around the corner from the Ocean Bar and Pinnacle/Sel de Mer and directly adjacent to Club Orange (and it DOES show Club Ornage will be carried forward to Ryndam)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Sir PMP said:

Yes, blend is gone, a good thing, I hope that Crows nest will stay. Ocean bar? I don't think the 3 big ones had one, I never saw one when I was on the Koningsdam..

 

K-dam's Ocean Bar is on Deck 2/Plaza deck, starboard side, in between the Shops and Blend/Club Orange, off Rudi's Sel de Mer and the Atrium

 

Koningsdam_Deck2.png.image.4540.896.low.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

 

K-dam's Ocean Bar is on Deck 2/Plaza deck, starboard side, in between the Shops and Blend/Club Orange, off Rudi's Sel de Mer and the Atrium

 

Koningsdam_Deck2.png.image.4540.896.low.png

That's the hallway bar, no dance floor, no band...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sir PMP said:

Yes, blend is gone, a good thing, I hope that Crows nest will stay. Ocean bar? I don't think the 3 big ones had one, I never saw one when I was on the Koningsdam..

 

2 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

 

K-dam's Ocean Bar is on Deck 2/Plaza deck, starboard side, in between the Shops and Blend/Club Orange, off Rudi's Sel de Mer and the Atrium

 

Koningsdam_Deck2.png.image.4540.896.low.png

 

2 hours ago, Sir PMP said:

That's the hallway bar, no dance floor, no band...

 

 

The Ocean Bar on the Vista class ships are having their dance floors / bandstands removed as they go through drydock.  At some point this may happen to the Signature Class vessels as well.  I think the S&R class ships will retain them however.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

 

 

 

The Ocean Bar on the Vista class ships are having their dance floors / bandstands removed as they go through drydock.  At some point this may happen to the Signature Class vessels as well.  I think the S&R class ships will retain them however.

So sad..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sir PMP said:

That's the hallway bar, no dance floor, no band...

 

There is no dance floor but there is definitely a piano.  There was a piano player for a few hours each night basically from approx 5 pm to 8 pm on all 3 of our Koningsdam cruises.  Played popular music and even took requests.  A very nice place for a pre-dinner cocktail.

Perhaps you should book another cruise on her to catch up on all the things you missed.  :classic_tongue:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, taxmantoo said:

There is no dance floor but there is definitely a piano.  There was a piano player for a few hours each night basically from approx 5 pm to 8 pm on all 3 of our Koningsdam cruises.  Played popular music and even took requests.  A very nice place for a pre-dinner cocktail.

Perhaps you should book another cruise on her to catch up on all the things you missed.  :classic_tongue:

No piano player on my 7 night New Year's cruise, he must have had the week off..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

 

 

 

The Ocean Bar on the Vista class ships are having their dance floors / bandstands removed as they go through drydock.  At some point this may happen to the Signature Class vessels as well.  I think the S&R class ships will retain them however.

 

Sad to hear that the Ocean Bar dance floor area are going from Vista Class ships.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Loved the Ocean Bar on the Rotterdam.   Lots of space, a bandstand with piano, drums, guitar, bass and occasionally some brass, plus a vocalist.   Nice dance floor.   I sure hope that HAL doesn't destroy that great bar when they rip out "The Mix" to install the dual pianos of Billboard Onboard during the upcoming drydock..   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Any thoughts/guesses on how they might fix the lifeboat overhang issue for the Panama Canal"

 

Roy

 

I am not sure Roy, but our HD on the Prinsendam told us that the lifeboat scenario on the 2 Pinnacle Class ships was a huge error.  He said that the new ship was having the issue addressed so it should be able to go through the Panama.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are a couple of scenarios related to the lifeboats - A) you widen the hull of the vessel so that lifeboats do not protrude or B) you remove the verandahs from rooms on deck 4 and make them obstructed oceanview akin to the Vista/Signature class ships so the lifeboats can be mounted higher, and further in.  One costs more to build and is a fixed cost that can be amortized across all cabin types for the lifespan of the vessel, the other potentially reduces cabin revenues which reduces potential profit on each sailing.  Sort of a pick your poison situation, and I'm sure the HAL bean counters would rather take A over B, though HAL loyalists would prefer B over A as it would restore the Promenade to it's previous glory.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Any thoughts/guesses on how they might fix the lifeboat overhang issue for the Panama Canal"

 

Roy

 

50 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Any thoughts/guesses on how they might fix the lifeboat overhang issue for the Panama Canal"

 

Roy

They will line them all up behind the ship and go through the locks in one line.. and be billed for 3 ships..

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/26/2019 at 12:27 PM, InTheWASide said:

Found this link on the HAL website with a quick compare chart across the fleet.

file://usflnas1/Home$/559897/Downloads/HAL_Ships_at_a_Glance_Chart.pdf

 

Comparing Ryndam to sisters Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam a couple things stand out:

   No De Librije popup (dont in the PG 1 or 2 nights each cruise)

   Instead of the Fuji Wonder Shop for photos, there is just "Photo Shop"

   BLEND by Chateau Ste Michelle will not be onboard

   Another thread someone was wondering if it will be a "Crow's Nest" or an "EXC" and the chart shows EXC.

 

So there's at least one space with something new coming and that's the space BLEND previously took up.

It will be around the corner from the Ocean Bar and Pinnacle/Sel de Mer and directly adjacent to Club Orange (and it DOES show Club Ornage will be carried forward to Ryndam)

Ahoy There InTheWASide - my sincerest apologies for hijacking this link and stalking you, however desperation unfortunately  has no bounds. 😮🙂 With that, do you still have your pictures available from the inaugural Koingsdam cruise?  It appears the twitter link has been broken.  Interested in the cabin photos folks write about.  Again, apologies for the intrusion and thank you in advance for any assistance. S

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/26/2019 at 6:32 PM, rafinmd said:

Any thoughts/guesses on how they might fix the lifeboat overhang issue for the Panama Canal"

... and how that might affect the Promenade and the deck 5 VH cabins?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/26/2019 at 10:06 AM, Sir PMP said:

Yes, blend is gone, a good thing, I hope that Crows nest will stay. Ocean bar? I don't think the 3 big ones had one, I never saw one when I was on the Koningsdam..

 

We were on the Koningsdam for 9 days in January....I walked by it many times, never stopped in.

ocean.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Virgin Voyages. It's Go Time
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...