Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Rheba

Spa pedicure

I am taking chemo treatments and the doctor has okayed a pedicure as long as there is no “massage chair” set up with plumbing attached. It must be done with a basin that can be scrubbed. Does anyone have experience with the pedicure set-up on the Vista? Being the spa is a third party operation, I’m not confident in getting the correct information from Carnival. Also, is anyone aware if they autoclave their tools? Thank you! 

11 minutes ago, Rheba said:

I am taking chemo treatments and the doctor has okayed a pedicure as long as there is no “massage chair” set up with plumbing attached. It must be done with a basin that can be scrubbed. Does anyone have experience with the pedicure set-up on the Vista? Being the spa is a third party operation, I’m not confident in getting the correct information from Carnival. Also, is anyone aware if they autoclave their tools? Thank you! 

I love my pedis, but particularly since it is a 3rd party and there is no recourse through Carnival, personally, I would not chance it with your situation. I don't know how likely it is that they could say one thing but do another - probably fairly high. Not to mention that ships are registered in other countries and probably often contract with companies whose regulations could differ from your home country (don't flame - this is not a dig, only a possible concern!).

I would go to someone you trust and know at home rather than on the ship.

The spas on Carnival have very high pressure sales tactics and to me that's no relaxing experience. Personal opinion.

Edited by amyotravel

I agree with Amyotravel… I've had a few spa experiences onboard and compared to land based services, they're expensive and not nearly as relaxing as I'd hoped... and yes, the high pressure sales pitch can be annoying, but I find a firmly stated 'not interested, thanks' will work. But it can also wipe out any good vibe you got from your service.

I personally love my nail care salon- the spa pedicure is over an hour if you ask for the full treatment (same price as the regular spa treatment but longer and more leg & foot massage). I've been known to doze while having the pedicure! so as Amyotravel said, if you can find a reputable salon before the cruise, explain your situation and ask the right questions, it might be just the ticket to kick off your wonderful cruise!