Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
lasekeye

Which currency on Eclipse to Alaska

Recommended Posts

I’m setting up my on board account. Will the things I may want to purchase be in US Dollars or Canadian?

 

Im trying to decide which credit card to use. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, that’s what I thought, but I’m looking at shore excursions and they are CDN $$, so I was 2nd guessing myself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lasekeye said:

Thanks, that’s what I thought, but I’m looking at shore excursions and they are CDN $$, so I was 2nd guessing myself. 

Shore excursions are charged to your USD on board account in USD, not CDN.  🍷

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

Shore excursions are charged to your USD on board account in USD, not CDN.  🍷

 

If you're booking online they will be in the currency of the country you have booked. If booking when on the ship, it will be charged to your account in USD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If you are booking private tours in Canadian ports (Victoria, Vancouver), you may be seeing quotes in CA$, but shouldn't be seeing them on Celebrity tours unless it's a computer glitch (which wouldn't be shocking on Celebrity's website!).   

Edited by Kartgv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kartgv said:

If you are booking private tours in Canadian ports (Victoria, Vancouver), you may be seeing quotes in CA$, but shouldn't be seeing them on Celebrity tours unless it's a computer glitch (which wouldn't be shocking on Celebrity's website!).   

Perhaps you did not notice that the OP is in Canada and is probably using the Canadian website where all prices, including shore excursions, are in Canadian Dollars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

Perhaps you did not notice that the OP is in Canada and is probably using the Canadian website where all prices, including shore excursions, are in Canadian Dollars.

 The OP's post is very confusing.  If they want to set up an on board account, that account will be in USD.  That's what they are asking?  If they want to "purchase" ahead of time, then I guess it will be in Canadian dollars?  I'll defer that to the Canadians.   

 

So, if the OP wants to purchase stuff using the on board account, it will be in USD.  🍷

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks clarky213,

thats exactly the info I was looking for.

Our usual line has EVERYTHING in USD, so I was a bit confused by this, our first Celebrity Cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We pay for everything in USD.  There is an option when booking on-line to book in CDN or USD.  We use USD.  We are on a New England/Canada cruise this fall and we are booking private tours some of which are quoted in USD and some in CDN.  I don't understand people in Canada quoting their tours in USD but that seems to be what is happening in some cases.  Maybe they think we won't notice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...