Cruise Critic Community
vision14k

Symphony Special Nights

I noticed someone mentioned in an unrelated thread that they had a “tropical formal night” on Symphony. Is this on all Symphony cruises and if so does it replace a regular formal night? Are there any other special nights on Symphony we should pack for? Still 2 regular formal nights??

Thanks!

From my understanding, it wasn't a ship-wide tropical theme, it was just that person's wife's chosen theme for their family that night.

55 minutes ago, vision14k said:

I noticed someone mentioned in an unrelated thread that they had a “tropical formal night” on Symphony. Is this on all Symphony cruises and if so does it replace a regular formal night? Are there any other special nights on Symphony we should pack for? Still 2 regular formal nights??

Thanks!

No such thing when we were on Symphony.  Only real dress up day is Halloween, the ship goes all out with costume contests, big party in the promenade,  and a haunted house in the ice rink. Still two formal nights but you will still see shorts and T'S in the MDR.  Slobs abound in the Caribbean. 

33 minutes ago, brillohead said:

From my understanding, it wasn't a ship-wide tropical theme, it was just that person's wife's chosen theme for their family that night.

I guess I should have read that thread more carefully, makes sense!! Thanks!

27 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

No such thing when we were on Symphony.  Only real dress up day is Halloween, the ship goes all out with costume contests, big party in the promenade,  and a haunted house in the ice rink. Still two formal nights but you will still see shorts and T'S in the MDR.  Slobs abound in the Caribbean. 

Thanks! I was liking the idea, too bad!

1 hour ago, vision14k said:

Thanks!

You read my thread.    There are two formal nights on a 7 night cruise.  There is no "theme" advertised by RCL.     My groups dress theme was chosen by the matriarch of the family.    She chose "Black, White, and a touch of Red" for the first formal night,  and "tropical" as the theme for the second.       Also know that formal dress is completely optional.   Not everyone participates.   We usually don't but we were tag a longs on this cruise so I went all out.

IMG_E1853.JPG

IMG_E1946.JPG

5 minutes ago, zdad59 said:

My groups dress theme was chosen by the matriarch of the family.

That was how I remembered it... and if Mama ain't happy, ain't NOBODY gonna be happy!