South Beach Hotel please..beachfront or close to beach

VPMJ

Hello, we will be arriving 2 days prior to our NCL cruise which embarks out of Miami in a few weeks. We want to stay in South Beach for the 2 nights at a place that is reasonably priced and either on the beach or near it, with a pool,  in an area with restaurants and things to do. We will have our 2 kids (14 and 12) with us. Can you please recommend hotels? We are unfamiliar and the listings are numerous. Thanks in advance!

The hotel options are endless. It is hard to even start. 

Here is the deal. Go on a site like hotels.com and look at hotels on map view. Pick a hotel in the City of Miami Beach that is South of 25th street and east of Washington Ave. If you want beach front you'll need to pick a hotel on Collins Ave or Ocean Drive. With kids I would stick to Collins Ave. Can't help you with prices. 

Anything in the area I stated is what you want. 

• Like 1

I agree with FlyMIA.  Go to one of the hotel websites and start hunting.

Your dates will be dead season (September) and unless the hotel is hosting some big conference, rates should be pretty good.

My favorite bargain hotel is Catalina Beach Resort.  Across the street from the beach but provides beach loungers on the beach.

My two favorite moderate, oceanfront resorts are The Richmond and The South Seas.

My favorite oceanfront resort for families is The Loews Hotel.  

All of the above are decently priced for South Beach and you can even sometimes get The Loews that time of year for $199 which is completely worth it for families.

Agree with the point about four in a room.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RDAJ23 said:

We recommend using airbnb rather than a hotel in south beach. You can get room for 4 at an affordable price and be at the cruise terminal in 10 mins by Uber.

Don't ever use AirBnB in South Beach unless you know the building.

If you don't, you are setting yourself up to be out of money with no place to stay.  There was a story in the news recently about a couple who AirBnB''d their honeymoon stay in South Beach only to be refused entry to the building.

• Like 4

I needed a place for the night after a cruise so I chose the Breakwater.  Very good price with pool, across from beach, and in the middle of everything.  For the kids, Whopper Bar is a short walk LOL.  OK maybe for me too. 

Also Metro bus #150 is an express between the Airport and South Beach area. Just $2.25 and runs every 20-30 minutes. 

Edited by PelicanBill
  • Like 1

My last two favorite moderate, oceanfront hotels The Richmond and The South Seas have been bought by the hotel group that runs the Raleigh which still hasn't reopened since Irma.  

Book now if you want to stay at an oceanfront resort before they gut and restore these two charming hotels into luxury.

I haven't stayed here yet, but am booked for a night at the Sagamore before our cruise late September...I feel like it fits your criteria. Good luck! I had a heck of a time narrowing it down, there are so many choices!