Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
dedosr

No Headliner on Symphony 11/16/19

Recommended Posts

There is no Headliner listed in the cruise planner for the Symphony sailing on Nov 16, 2019.

I  called the Cruise Planner Help Desk and they said all  entertainment is loaded, so since it is not showing, that means there is No Headliner on this cruise.

Is this just another cutback?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would take that answer with a grain of salt.    Headliners are usually not confirmed for a particular cruise until about 4 weeks prior to the cruise and do not show up in the app until you are onboard.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I was thinking that, but she as so insistent that that was it.

Another example of Fake Information from RC

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Symphony does not have headliners on any sailings. 

 

They have been been replaced by “Red Carpet Movie Night”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, stevea36 said:

I would take that answer with a grain of salt.    Headliners are usually not confirmed for a particular cruise until about 4 weeks prior to the cruise and do not show up in the app until you are onboard.  

In this case the answer the OP  received was correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the red carpet movie night?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dedosr said:

What is the red carpet movie night?

Basically just a movie in the theatre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Basically just a movie in the theatre

So another cutback !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Symphony does not have headliners on any sailings. 

 

They have been been replaced by “Red Carpet Movie Night”

 

50th Birthday is on Symphony this year😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be on Symphony in exactly a week. It's not necessarily a movie night. Instead, it's a comedy night in the theatre (as opposed to the attic/comedy club).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Are you going?

Yes, plus week before

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Symphony does not have headliners on any sailings. 

 

They have been been replaced by “Red Carpet Movie Night”

This is the same thing Holland America started a few months back. Got rid of production shows and headliners to show movies in the theater. 

 

This is a really really poor move from Royal for its passengers.  I hope this only a test. 

Edited by WNcruiser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WNcruiser said:

This is the same thing Holland America started a few months back. Got rid of production shows and headliners to show movies in the theater. 

 

This is a really really poor move from Royal for its passengers.  I hope this only a test. 

I'm fine with it on Oasis class ships with all the other entertainment. Most of the time we never bothered with the headliner. 

 

Didn't miss it at all last March. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I am tending to agree with the above poster. Many of the headliners are barely adequate  so if they didn’t book one that might be fine.  I could be very happy if I never saw another juggler.   We’ve had a handful of headliners that are absolutely fantastic, but the boring outdated performers outnumber the great  performers by far. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

 I am tending to agree with the above poster. Many of the headliners are barely adequate  so if they didn’t book one that might be fine.  I could be very happy if I never saw another juggler.   We’ve had a handful of headliners that are absolutely fantastic, but the boring outdated performers outnumber the great  performers by far. 

 

 

 

Agree also.  Don't miss 'em!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really enjoyed the red carpet movie night on symphony. Get there early to watch the people walking in - they film them like it’s a red carpet premiere and broadcast it in the theater. The cruise director and a comedian are the ones interviewing people as they walk in, It’s hilarious. We still joke in our family about some of the red carpet stuff they did. We saw Bohemian Rhapsody on our cruise. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're just off Symphony a week ago.     Didn't miss not having a headliner.   Towards the latter part of the week you get the second, non reservable ice show, you get FLIGHT, and frankly there is so much other entertainment on the ship, not having a headliner is no big deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, zdad59 said:

We're just off Symphony a week ago.     Didn't miss not having a headliner.   Towards the latter part of the week you get the second, non reservable ice show, you get FLIGHT, and frankly there is so much other entertainment on the ship, not having a headliner is no big deal.

Same opinion from us.  We did not miss not having a headliner when we cruised on Symphony at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, zdad59 said:

We're just off Symphony a week ago.     Didn't miss not having a headliner.   Towards the latter part of the week you get the second, non reservable ice show, you get FLIGHT, and frankly there is so much other entertainment on the ship, not having a headliner is no big deal.

 

Curious - what movie was showing a few weeks ago?

 

doe symphony have MUTS?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Queen of Oakville said:

...

 

doe symphony have MUTS?

 

 

 

 

Yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Queen of Oakville said:

 

Curious - what movie was showing a few weeks ago?

 

doe symphony have MUTS?

 

 

 

We didn't see a movie so not 100% sure what was showing.     They do have pretty recent movies though.   And yes, on night when there is no aqua show, they have a movie in the evening in the Aqua theater.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...