Ketchikan question

Msmojo66

We are looking at the city trolley tour.  My question for you is, if you get dropped off at Creek St, are they taxis or Uber you can get to take you back to ships?  My mom is not a great walker, but refuses wheel chair, so need advice.  Thanks in advance!!!

• 2 weeks later...

From Creek street back to ship is 2 or 3 blocks unless you are on a ship that is last in line.  Blocks are short. Ketchikan can have 4 ships docked there. I was on Celebrity Millennium which was first followed by Holland America ship. Ithink the third was NCL.  

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from Alaska. We were at the farthest dock and my MIL is not a good walker and she was miserable on the walk. Took us a good 20+ minutes to go the lumberjack show and another 10+ minutes to get to Creek Street. (she isn't very fast and takes frequent breaks). She allowed 45+ minutes to walk back to the ship and she used a lot of that time with her frequent breaks. I want to say I saw taxis but our time was shortened and we were very rushed to see anything other than the Lumberjack show.

There are Ubers in Ketchikan.  I would think there sould be availability to get you from Creek Street over to the ship docks.  It's a short ride but I would expect it to be $8-$10.  A small price for your mom's comfort!  FYI, if you're needing to buy inexpensive gifts to take home, Ketchikan is a great place to do it.  There's quite a few shops right near the docks and one big store (Tongass Trading) that has about everything.  Good luck!

There are free city buses that take a route from the port around the downtown area. We were docked at the farthest away dock (4) and the free shuttle bus picked up between 3 and 4. It took us downtown and we got off at the base of Creek Street. 

I believe it makes a circle around town and back to the ships. 

So if you are docked farther from the center of town, that is an option.

We had a wheelchair with us, and walked back to the ship, taking about 15 minutes. My DH and father took turns riding as neither could do it easily due to different disabilities