I understand that due to an accident the Equinox didn't get all of the promised updates during it's recent dry dock.  We will be on the Equinox in a Suite in two weeks.  I was looking foward to the promised improvements, but they will not be available.  Any date for the updates to be implemented?  Want multiple shaded areas, a bar, hot tub and or pool as on the edge, etc.

Thanks

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 1

And also, why is there no compensation since we booked what was advertised as a completely Revolutionized ship but we are not getting it? I am not normally one to want compensation for things, but the Equinox was considerably more than non-Revolutionized options out there and now we are not getting that. 

27 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

And also, why is there no compensation since we booked what was advertised as a completely Revolutionized ship but we are not getting it? I am not normally one to want compensation for things, but the Equinox was considerably more than non-Revolutionized options out there and now we are not getting that. 

No it was not considerably more, this is simply not true. You’ve stated this two or three times now with nothing to back it up. We sail next month and paid exactly the same as we did two years previously.

Edited by yorky

4 minutes ago, yorky said:

No it was not considerably more, this is simply not true.

It was when I looked.

Probably a moot point anyway as pretty much everyone on this board is making me NOT want to try Celebrity - so much whining about things...not the crowd I want to cruise with.

21 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

It was when I looked.

Probably a moot point anyway as pretty much everyone on this board is making me NOT want to try Celebrity - so much whining about things...not the crowd I want to cruise with.

All you’ve done is moan about everything ever since you booked, frankly I don’t think anyone would actually want to cruise with you.

3 hours ago, yorky said:

All you’ve done is moan about everything ever since you booked, frankly I don’t think anyone would actually want to cruise with you.

or maybe we could just be respectful and allow people to express themselves. geez. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, shana1022 said:

or maybe we could just be respectful and allow people to express themselves. geez. 

Express themselves by stating everyone on here  does nothing but whine ? Sorry but her very first post on this site was asking had she made a mistake booking Celebrity and she has had nothing positive to say since stating she will look to move ship and now she’s looking for compensation.  I think to then state all anyone on here does  is whine given that’s all she has done for the last six months on here is ridiculous. I’m actually looking forward to a wonderful cruise on a wonderful ship with people that appreciate how lucky they are to be doing something a lot of individuals in the world will never be able to afford to do. So yes my patience with her has run out and yes I have bitten. 

Edited by yorky
  • Like 1

People are allowed to express their frustration and disappointment in the equinox update.  Clearly when some rooms are updated and others are not there is something missing.  The fact also that Silhouette has an extended dry dock means they need more time.  Let the CEO come in and hear the honest feedback. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lovecelebritycruises said:

People are allowed to express their frustration and disappointment in the equinox update.  Clearly when some rooms are updated and others are not there is something missing.  The fact also that Silhouette has an extended dry dock means they need more time.  Let the CEO come in and hear the honest feedback. 

And that’s fine, but having a go at everyone else on the board is not acceptable in my view.

6 hours ago, yorky said:

Actually I was very excited to be trying a new cruise line. Then I came to this site for more information and pretty much all I saw was whining about footstools not being there, perks being taken away, food declining in quality, allegedly new pillows that smell mildewed, threadbare carpets, etc., etc., etc. Very few positive reviews of anything related to Celebrity. So yes, that is going to make most people wonder if they made a mistake with the booking.

11 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Actually I was very excited to be trying a new cruise line. Then I came to this site for more information and pretty much all I saw was whining about footstools not being there, perks being taken away, food declining in quality, allegedly new pillows that smell mildewed, threadbare carpets, etc., etc., etc. Very few positive reviews of anything related to Celebrity. So yes, that is going to make most people wonder if they made a mistake with the booking.

Don't worry you will have a great time.  Remember there are about 2500 people on board, so the chance that you will run into one of these mean people is slim to non.  Service, food, staterooms etc are wonderful.

Would everyone have been happier with the total redo of the ship?? Maybe and maybe not.  To each his own!  Don't let a few be the ones to upset you.  Some people are just that way.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, 

As you know, the Celebrity Equinox renovation was interrupted by an incident at the ship yard. The rest of the updates will be implemented over time so as not to disrupt the sailing schedule for our guests. These are ongoing and will continue until the plans are complete.  

Thank you! 

There are a lot of us on the Silhouette next February that got caught up in the same dry dock problem at Freeport and had a cruise cancelled.  Some of actually had 2 cruises cancelled due to schedule changes.  Many of us are still booked on the first cruise after dry dock on February 14, 2020.  Can you join us on the new Revolutionize Silhouette?

Edited by ipeeinthepool