Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I told a port employee we had Mobile Pasports and we were directed to a line with one person in it. 

You need to have your passport open to show and that’s it. 

Very quick. 

Hell!

i don’t know where the underline cane from or how to get rid of it!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jagsfan said:

I told a port employee we had Mobile Pasports and we were directed to a line with one person in it. 

You need to have your passport open to show and that’s it. 

Very quick. 

Hell!

i don’t know where the underline cane from or how to get rid of it!!

  

Upper left of reply box.  B=bold, I = italics, U = underline.  You must have selected it accidentally.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I used it last year but this Jan I forgot all about it and had no problem getting off the ship and through customs/immigration.  I was going to use it in June, but now there is a charge for the use and I didn't want to pay for it to use one time.

 

It is not advertised on the ship as it has been in the past, so I guess RC doesn't feel it is a necessity.  I just was in the customs/immigration line for 2 minutes or less and then I was at the desk with my passport and out the door.  I don't see that it's necessary any longer, at least for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

I used it last year but this Jan I forgot all about it and had no problem getting off the ship and through customs/immigration.  I was going to use it in June, but now there is a charge for the use and I didn't want to pay for it to use one time.

 

It is not advertised on the ship as it has been in the past, so I guess RC doesn't feel it is a necessity.  I just was in the customs/immigration line for 2 minutes or less and then I was at the desk with my passport and out the door.  I don't see that it's necessary any longer, at least for me.

There is a charge to use it now?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

There is a charge to use it now?

When I went to use it, as I had had it downloaded from previous use, I couldn't get it to work.  I kept getting the "Upgrade to Mobile Passport plus" and it is $14.99 for a year.  There were 4 of us traveling and I didn't think it was worth paying that for one use.

 

I was not able to get past that page, but perhaps others know how. I was trying to do it just before I left the ship as that's what I had done in the past.  I did see where I could continue on with the free version, but nothing happened when I tried to do so.  

Edited by katiel53
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

When I went to use it, as I had had it downloaded from previous use, I couldn't get it to work.  I kept getting the "Upgrade to Mobile Passport plus" and it is $14.99 for a year.  There were 4 of us traveling and I didn't think it was worth paying that for one use.

 

I was not able to get past that page, but perhaps others know how. I was trying to do it just before I left the ship as that's what I had done in the past.  I did see where I could continue on with the free version, but nothing happened when I tried to do so.  

I just looked at it on my phone.  I got the upgrade for $14.99 page.  There was an X in the upper right.  I tapped that and then I was on the regular page where I could make entries.  Our passport info was still stored. Since I'm not currently traveling, I did not go through the entire process, but seemed like it was in working order.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless you pay for the app, it's not supposed to save your info.

So, you would have to scan, or enter your passport info, and take new pictures each time you want to use it.

 

We also have Global Access, and sometimes it is the same shorter line.

In the past, I would have it ready to go, and then look at how long the lines were before deciding to submit it.

 

Now with facial recognition, if you're lucky enough to have that being used, then no need for the app

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checked my version of Mobile Passport and I have the same "option" to upgrade to the Plus version for $14.99.  The free version no longer stores personal data.  I had 2 choices...pay for the upgrade or delete my stored info and continue with the free version. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried it two years ago and couldn't get it to work.  I looked at it recently and saw that there was now a $15 recurring charge if you wanted to store your personal details or to scan your passport info into the app.  Doesn't seem worth it for an app that has many reported issues.  Bsides, customs has been streamlined over the last couple of years. We breezed through six months ago after our last cruise.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We used it when it first came out, and it was GREAT!  Now, it is not commonly used, there is no longer a dedicated line for the passengers who use the app, and the hassle of needing to enter your info last minute without paying the $14.99 make this app obsolete for us.  Deleted it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

When I was on Allure last year we were among the last people to get off. The regular lines (which my brother had to use due to a expiring in 3 months passport) were about 2 hours to get through customs. We have NEXUS and it took under 10 minutes to get through customs, even with CBP basically rubber stamping everyone. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...