Half Moon Cay w/butler

jimmy2x

Have been there many times over the years. Am considering doing a cabana w/butler as a bit of a splurge. Would appreciate hearing any of your experiences and whether you felt the butler was worth the money. 

"Worth it" is something only you can decide. But we have done it 3 times, and DW now requires a cabana with butler every time we go to HMC. To us, it is definitely worth it. They spoil you, the food and service is excellent and HMC is fantastic. 

42 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

"Worth it" is something only you can decide. But we have done it 3 times, and DW now requires a cabana with butler every time we go to HMC. To us, it is definitely worth it. They spoil you, the food and service is excellent and HMC is fantastic. 

Thank you. Can you tell me a bit about how it works?  Does the butler meet you at the cabana or do they leave the ship with you?

11 minutes ago, jimmy2x said:

Thank you. Can you tell me a bit about how it works?  Does the butler meet you at the cabana or do they leave the ship with you?

The Butler meets you at your cabin and carries your stuff ashore. You will get some paperwork in advance of your day at HMC to order your lunch (great food from Pinnacle) and a few other things. Specify you want to be on the first tender ashore. Also if you have favorite beverage you want a lot of ( included in Butler package is unlimited drinks, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic) mention that as well...it will help them take better care of you.

Have done HMC cabana with butler and without.  Most recent experience was with the butler and now I am spoiled!  It was fabulous!  The only glitch was that the butler never showed up at the appointed time and we were anxious to go and didn’t know what to do.  We received mixed messages about whether he was supposed to come get us or meet us ashore so we left without him. We wanted to start enjoying our cabana.  The butler eventually met us at the cabana and apologized profusely for being late.  Anyway, it was a great decision to have the butler.

Thank you both. Am assuming that we can specify what type of drinks we would like. Am also assuming that we can board the first launch to the island. 

Edited by jimmy2x

I see where I can get a cabana and beach villas but I don't see where it comes with a Butler. I was about to push purchase when I logged on to see reviews and now I want to know how to get that extra amenity. How do I add a butler to my Beach Villa? I'm even more excited now!

1 hour ago, Peckishpixie said:

I see where I can get a cabana and beach villas but I don't see where it comes with a Butler. I was about to push purchase when I logged on to see reviews and now I want to know how to get that extra amenity. How do I add a butler to my Beach Villa? I'm even more excited now!

Are you booked with HAL? Carnival doesn't offer Butler upgrades.

The Butler upgrade is a separate purchase from the cabana, and will be listed separately. So, for example, if you bought the Green Cabana, you also need to buy the Butler Upgrade for the Green Cabana.  It should be named something just like that, and listed as a shore excursion,  just like the cabana itself.

2 hours ago, HamOp said:

Does the cabana/butler package include a tip for the butler?

If not, what would be an appropriate amount of tip range?

No, it doesn't include a tip. How much you tip depends on how many people, and how much service you require. I would think, for 2 people,  $40 would be a good level to start at. For 4 we have given $75.