Internet package

SRCcruiser

@Ptroxx  Your solution MAY work aboard ship but you'd better check with AT&T before purchasing.  If someone @ AT&T says "Yes" I'd thank them, hang up and call back in a day or so & ask a different person.  I can't begin to say how many times I've been given completely different answers when calling a cell carrier's customer service.

WiFi service gives you Internet access as follows:

1) IF your email has a web-based interface (e.g.'s Gmail, Comcast, etc) you should be able to access it even at the $14.99 rate that BirdTravels was kind enough to copy-and-paste above.  Keep in mind that emailing in this fashion is WAY slower than using Outlook (especially Comcast!!).  HINT: "www.mail2web.com" works GREAT for web-based email like Gmail & Comcast; it's MUCH faster than using the native web interfaces cited above.

2) IF you have an iPhone then your iMessaging should also work with the $14.99 package cited above; iMessages use the internet rather than cellular network.  Keep in mind that texting using iMessaging only works this way if sender & receiver are BOTH iPhones.

Have a great cruise!!

When upgrading your 250-minute package (value $125) onboard to an unlimited package, can you use your OBC to pay for the upgrade amount? Do you have access to your OBC once onboard via the app?

8 minutes ago, BEAV said:

When upgrading your 250-minute package (value $125) onboard to an unlimited package, can you use your OBC to pay for the upgrade amount? Do you have access to your OBC once onboard via the app?

The OP said they may "purchase" the 250 minute plan.  I believe you can only upgrade when you receive the 250 minute plan as your Free at Sea perk.  Then you can upgrade to Unlimited plan for about $85 (or about $120 for the Premium unlimited) on a 7 night cruise once onboard thru the app.

17 minutes ago, Mike_DeA said:

The OP said they may "purchase" the 250 minute plan.  I believe you can only upgrade when you receive the 250 minute plan as your Free at Sea perk.  Then you can upgrade to Unlimited plan for about $85 (or about $120 for the Premium unlimited) on a 7 night cruise once onboard thru the app.

Correct.

I have the 250 minutes as part of the Free at Sea promotion. I was on Bliss a few weeks ago (with the same promotion) and upgraded to the unlimited plan, but had no OBC on that cruise. I sail this Saturday on Joy and have OBC this time, so I'm wondering if I can access and use my OBC to pay for the upgrade once onboard via the app. 

10 minutes ago, BEAV said:

... I have the 250 minutes as part of the Free at Sea promotion. I sail this Saturday on Joy and have OBC this time, so I'm wondering if I can access and use my OBC to pay for the upgrade once onboard via the app. 

Yes, you can - unless something changed or the Joy has a different set of rules.  Typically, on a 7 nights cruise - you have until 10 pm of Day 2 to upgrade, the DIY option on the App is displayed until then, with the charges ... to be posted to your Onboard Account.  It is one way to use those non-refundable OBC, regardless of how they/who issued them.  Just use the free "Cruise Norwegian" App (nowadays, you can download it free from their onboard server) to keep track on your onboard credits & debits (charges) as it's settled & updated nightly.  

18 minutes ago, BEAV said:

Correct.

I have the 250 minutes as part of the Free at Sea promotion. I was on Bliss a few weeks ago (with the same promotion) and upgraded to the unlimited plan, but had no OBC on that cruise. I sail this Saturday on Joy and have OBC this time, so I'm wondering if I can access and use my OBC to pay for the upgrade once onboard via the app. 

You would do it like you did last time, no difference if you're using OBC.  The charge will appear on your stateroom account.  OBC will be applied against all eligible charges, including the internet upgrade charge.  You don't assign OBC to a certain charge.

4 hours ago, SRCcruiser said:

Thank you everyone for your help. I now am looking at buying the 250 minutes, but I’m curious about the SIM card. I think I will call AT&T.

I'll save you some time.  The SIM will work while you're on land or connected to a non ship based tower, but it's not going to work on the ship itself.  On the ship AT&T only offers a cruise package, just google "AT&T Cruise Package", and it's $100 for 200MB data and $2/MB afterwards...and it's only available for postpaid plans, not prepaid.