Cruise Critic Community
subaru94

Kuala Lumpur suggestions

I believe the ship is docked 2 hours from Kuala Lumpur is there any suggestions on what else we could do, not sure we want to travel 2 hours each way to Kuala Lumpur?

On 7/29/2019 at 8:30 AM, subaru94 said:

I believe the ship is docked 2 hours from Kuala Lumpur is there any suggestions on what else we could do, not sure we want to travel 2 hours each way to Kuala Lumpur?

We were there onboard Queen Victoria in March this year.

There really isn't much to do or see at Port Klang which is why the cruise lines prefer to stop there: they can sell excursions.

Having said that of course there are generally a good number of excursions depending on one's interests.

If you haven't visited Kuala Lumpur before it would be a shame to miss it, especially a trip to the Batu Caves...

1195184121_BatuCaves4.jpg.3bcd704b00f4c80a2dc26ec105b98981.jpg

5 hours ago, Solent Richard said:

We were there onboard Queen Victoria in March this year.

There really isn't much to do or see at Port Klang which is why the cruise lines prefer to stop there: they can sell excursions.

Having said that of course there are generally a good number of excursions depending on one's interests.

If you haven't visited Kuala Lumpur before it would be a shame to miss it, especially a trip to the Batu Caves...

1195184121_BatuCaves4.jpg.3bcd704b00f4c80a2dc26ec105b98981.jpg

o.k. thank you we were thinking of there?

23 hours ago, subaru94 said:

o.k. thank you we were thinking of there?

Excellent.

I have noted from my camera roll that from departing the Port Klang terminal to the first view of Batu Caves took 1 hour and 5 minutes by 'private' transfer.

I've recorded the itinerary and company we used in my blog review...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2019/05/06/queen-victoria-singapore-to-cape-town/

... just scroll down to 'itinerary' if you are interested.

49 minutes ago, Solent Richard said:

Excellent.

I have noted from my camera roll that from departing the Port Klang terminal to the first view of Batu Caves took 1 hour and 5 minutes by 'private' transfer.

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2019/05/06/queen-victoria-singapore-to-cape-town/

Thank you looks like Queen Victoria is a nice ship, I have also printed off the tour for Kuala Lumpur.

We used a guy called Zaidee who collected us from port Klang (2018), took us to Batu and all over the place for $90. Found him through other posters on CC.zaidii73@yahoo.com

He was on Tripadvisor as well when I looked last. He responded very quickly. Comfy car with aircon and all round nice guy.

Good luck.

alicat

On 8/1/2019 at 7:18 AM, Solent Richard said:

Excellent.

Hi @Solent Ɍichard, I just came across this post while searching Port Klang on the site. I am doing a different itinerary on a different ship but visiting a few of these ports (Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Seychelles). I just wanted to say that I found your blog so helpful and wonderfully detailed. Excellent work! I wish I could refer to it for every port I plan to visit! If you have any tips for those three places, I would welcome your advice. 

11 hours ago, USnoozUCruise said:

Hi @Solent Ɍichard, I just came across this post while searching Port Klang on the site. I am doing a different itinerary on a different ship but visiting a few of these ports (Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Seychelles). I just wanted to say that I found your blog so helpful and wonderfully detailed. Excellent work! I wish I could refer to it for every port I plan to visit! If you have any tips for those three places, I would welcome your advice. 

Good morning USnoozUCruise.

Thank you for the kind comments. 

As you probably noticed there are links in my blog review to the people I used in Kuala Lumpur and Seychelles for my tours. I do plan to write a 'One Way to do Seychelles' but am currently busy with one for Cape Town.

You've caught me out with Singapore. We stay there at least twice a year and yet I've never written a full review of the wonderful City State. There is however a brief mention if you scroll down to the itinerary section of...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2017/04/07/europa-2-asian-island-explorer/

The Gardens by the Bay are a great place to spend half a day...

847886948_GardensbytheBay32CloudForestUpperwalkway.thumb.jpg.8f2d17208fe240d2be7cda822e878a4f.jpg

1664623848_GardensbytheBay2SunSilouette.thumb.jpg.be72c7b661da3ffe5a732c634516d14b.jpg

...and of course The Raffles Hotel has now reopened...

14909535_RafflesLongBarNutsandSingaporeSling.thumb.jpg.f2994d3ba05a8f913f5ee12b4e65bba2.jpg

What other ports of call are you interested in? I've also recently published a guide to Colombo...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2019/08/09/one-way-to-do-colombo/

Have a nice day.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Solent Richard said:

Good morning USnoozUCruise.

Thank you for the kind comments. 

As you probably noticed there are links in my blog review to the people I used in Kuala Lumpur and Seychelles for my tours. I do plan to write a 'One Way to do Seychelles' but am currently busy with one for Cape Town.

You've caught me out with Singapore. We stay there at least twice a year and yet I've never written a full review of the wonderful City State. There is however a brief mention if you scroll down to the itinerary section of...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2017/04/07/europa-2-asian-island-explorer/

The Gardens by the Bay are a great place to spend half a day...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2019/08/09/one-way-to-do-colombo/

Have a nice day.

Thank you so much, @Solent Ɍichard. I am very excited to visit Gardens by the Bay, to try Chilli Crab and also visit the Hawker centres. We don't have a lot of time there but our flight gets in at 8am and our ship departs the next day at 7pm so hopefully we can see a few things. 

Please let me know if ever do complete a Seychelles post. The other ports I am visiting are these if by chance you are visited any others on your travels.

Itinerary.jpg

Edited by USnoozUCruise

18 hours ago, USnoozUCruise said:

Thank you so much, @Solent Ɍichard. I am very excited to visit Gardens by the Bay, to try Chilli Crab and also visit the Hawker centres. We don't have a lot of time there but our flight gets in at 8am and our ship departs the next day at 7pm so hopefully we can see a few things. 

Please let me know if ever do complete a Seychelles post. The other ports I am visiting are these if by chance you are visited any others on your travels.

Itinerary.jpg

Hi again.

I've certainly covered Muscat...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2013/11/14/one-way-to-do-muscat/

...and Phuket...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2015/10/13/one-way-to-do-phuket/

I'll keep in touch regarding a Port Victoria review though I still maintain you won't get a better tour than that we had with Ian...

1153751683_IanandBarbarawithCocodeMer.jpg.9a8569faa7521e803f855ebdf60fb505.jpg

...who I've linked in my Queen Victoria review.

On 8/8/2019 at 2:48 AM, alicat58 said:

We used a guy called Zaidee who collected us from port Klang (2018), took us to Batu and all over the place for $90. Found him through other posters on CC.zaidii73@yahoo.com

He was on Tripadvisor as well when I looked last. He responded very quickly. Comfy car with aircon and all round nice guy.

Good luck.

alicat

Thank you will check him out