Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
actnwrks

Another EZ Air Question

Thanks to everyone who suggests to watch the fares, we have been doing that, and it is amazing how fast they change from one minute to another.  My question is, when I now go to the Airline web site to check this message is there, and has been for about 2 weeks now.  Do I need to contact Princess or the Airlines about this?  We didn't have this on our earlier flights we had booked. 

image.thumb.png.9904192f9d3fe9f645b912a109c62cb4.png

When I have seen this message related to my flights, the airline has either cancelled that flight or changed the schedule.  I would suggest calling P's EZ Air # and checking. It takes P awhile to catch these changes for some reason.

I've also seen this message but for me it was really nothing. Princess doesn't "ticket", i.e. fully pay for, your reservation until it's less than 45 days from your flight. Sometimes the airline booking systems get confused as most, but not all, reservations have to be paid within a day or so of the reservation being made. It was just the reservation system mistakenly fussing at me. Never hurts to check though...

If you have booked and paid for EZ Air, but are still within your 45 days, do you get a refund or credit if you change to a cheaper flight?

That happened to us, and we had EZ air change to that flight.We got a refund on our credit card. I screwed up and cancelled my first flight n my personalizer instead of doing a change. So my travel agent had to call. If I had my travel agent make the change to begin with, I would have just gotten a refund for the difference. Because I screwed up and cancelled it, got the full refund on my credit card and had to pay for the new airfare . this was after final payment but before the 45 days that EZ air pays for the ticketing.So if you have paid for your cruise, ask your travel agent to handle it for you with Princess, and don't do what I did.

28 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

That happened to us, and we had EZ air change to that flight.We got a refund on our credit card. I screwed up and cancelled my first flight n my personalizer instead of doing a change. So my travel agent had to call. If I had my travel agent make the change to begin with, I would have just gotten a refund for the difference. Because I screwed up and cancelled it, got the full refund on my credit card and had to pay for the new airfare . this was after final payment but before the 45 days that EZ air pays for the ticketing.So if you have paid for your cruise, ask your travel agent to handle it for you with Princess, and don't do what I did.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, san diego sue said:

I have made changes after final payment. In one case I had a less expensive flight and a refund. In another case I had a slightly more expensive flight (but much better connections) and I owed money. Even though I had booked through a travel agent, I handled the EZAir reservation changes myself. I would not want to go through a travel agent to make those changes, since the air fares and/or availability might change before the travel agent could book them; I would want to lock in the new itinerary and prices immediately.

However I did need to go through the travel agent to handle the additional payment. I called the travel agent with the information, because I did not want to wait for the travel agent to be notified and then to notify me - I wasn't confident that would be timely enough to avoid cancellation. When I called the travel agent, they had not yet seen the change on their computer system; they then had to call Princess to confirm the change and the correct amount to be charged.

On ‎07‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 10:31 AM, actnwrks said:

Thanks to everyone who suggests to watch the fares, we have been doing that, and it is amazing how fast they change from one minute to another.  My question is, when I now go to the Airline web site to check this message is there, and has been for about 2 weeks now.  Do I need to contact Princess or the Airlines about this?  We didn't have this on our earlier flights we had booked. 

image.thumb.png.9904192f9d3fe9f645b912a109c62cb4.png

I've seen this message several times. As stated, it just means that Princess has not yet paid for your flight. But you do have a confirmed reservation. There is no reason to call the airline or Princess.

15 hours ago, CynCyn said:

If you have booked and paid for EZ Air, but are still within your 45 days, do you get a refund or credit if you change to a cheaper flight?

If the price drops after final payment but before being ticketed, you get a refund. In my experience, most of the time when the price dropped after final payment, I had to call back a few days later to get them to manually push the refund through. Refund goes to the last card used, unless you call them- traveling with my Mother in law in the same cabin and she paid her portion of the cruise last- when my flights dropped- refund went back to her card as she paid last. In fact, that was the only time that the credit went back automatically to a card without me calling. On my upcoming cruise, flights weren't ticketed until 30 days out.

I re-booked today- saved $25.  LOL. Will keep watching until the 5th.  They refunded the $$.