Why was complimentary special dinner discontinued for the "Top Cruiser"?  IMHO: Sends a negative message about the importance of loyalty.  

I am rarely "Top Cruiser", but appreciated the gesture.

You have been most gracious to us when we've met and I wish you continued success.

Edited by Orator

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Orator, 

Earlier this year we started to receive feedback from Top Cruisers that the benefits they were receiving for this honor were different based on what ship they were on.   We have since standardized our Top Cruiser Award fleet wide which includes beautiful flowers, a lovely bottle of wine, an honoring at the Captain’s Club Celebration and of course dinner at an officer-hosted table.  

We are so glad that you are a member of our loyalty community and hope to see you back onboard soon! 

llp...

On 7/30/2019 at 12:03 AM, cruising teacher said:

As a fellow Zenith I question why Zeniths are excluded from the Retreat Sun Deck.

Also a very clear indication of the lack of appreciation of Loyalty 

Also a fellow Zenith, my take is why should a Z member who decides to cruise an "inside" or "window" cabin have access to a "suite only" area just because they've got top loyalty status. I'm more than happy with what comes with the status.

I know a number of Z members who have had access to the Retreat Sun Deck. How this is arranged or authorised is unknown to me. If I want the perks I'll book the #Suitelife 😉

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CruiseImage said:

Also a fellow Zenith, my take is why should a Z member who decides to cruise an "inside" or "window" cabin have access to a "suite only" area just because they've got top loyalty status. I'm more than happy with what comes with the status.

I know a number of Z members who have had access to the Retreat Sun Deck. How this is arranged or authorised is unknown to me. If I want the perks I'll book the #Suitelife 😉

What make you think that Zenith cruise in inside or window?

I am Zenith,I still cruised in suite and I cruise SOLO.

I was the Top cruiser of my last B2B.

I turned down the offer the officers diner on the 1st leg and never got invited for 2nd leg dinner with officer.

I don't think is standardized fleet wide.

They delivered the flowers but not the wine.

Edited by verizon

I would prefer that every female Zenith member be presented with flowers t the CC Celebration rather than me receiving the home brew wine. An invitation to an Officers Table to me cheapens the invitation making it appear that the invitation was a requirement as a perk rather than you are invited to a table because the Officer wants you at their table. Seems cold and impersonal. 

Edited by Orator

We are almost always the high cruisers.

Recently all the Zeniths have been called up and received flowers & wine.

Many times the "top cruiser dinner" is a lunch with ALL the other Zeniths.

On most cruises the only difference being top cruiser is being called to the stage first at the Captains Club Celebration.

We REALLY miss the complementary specialty visit for the top cruiser !!!

10 hours ago, TommyD3 said:

We are almost always the high cruisers.

Recently all the Zeniths have been called up and received flowers & wine.

Many times the "top cruiser dinner" is a lunch with ALL the other Zeniths.

On most cruises the only difference being top cruiser is being called to the stage first at the Captains Club Celebration.

We REALLY miss the complementary speciality visit for the top cruiser !!!

I (we) got our first top cruiser last year on Reflection.

Still only being mid & late 40's people were asking "WHY" we being awarded as top cruiser 😒

Probably because we were, and I'm sure X CC don't get that mixed up.

That aside, we're not too fussed about free speciality meals, we just love being onboard, being recognised, acknowledged and interact with crew members of all levels and we are moooooooooore than happy cruisers.

I anticipate that top level cruisers will get less and less over the years due to pricing and with the new demographic of guests the company are targeting. Those in the right age bracket and financial stable won't invest in one company but will spread it around. I don't see the Zenith numbers growing into the future. 

So like yourself Tom and the few others who are double and triple Zeniths, i doubt this will ever happen again, and I feel with this, this is the decision not to add another level.

Just my opinion and view of course.