Cruise Critic Community
sandinmyshoes

Cloud 9 Spa Balcony upgrade on Vista?

I can upgrade my standard balcony to a spa balcony on the Vista for $100.  The location I have & the new one are both good but with the Vista not having the Thelassatherapy pool is is really worth it?  The Carnival website is not really clear on what types of specialty climate rooms (Thermal Suites) Cloud 9 offers on this ship.  

Are they elegant, quiet, & free from kids running around?  We probably will not buy spa treatments and the free metabolic testing, yoga, & pilates classes included with the room will go unused.  We love the Spa staterooms & Thermal Suites on Celebrity Cruises but have not experienced them on Carnival.  

6 minutes ago, sandinmyshoes said:

I can upgrade my standard balcony to a spa balcony on the Vista for $100.

For how many people? Two? Given that for a 7 day cruise a spa pass normally runs for $139 per person and around $250 per couple, I think that is an excellent deal. 

7 minutes ago, sandinmyshoes said:

Vista not having the Thelassatherapy pool is is really worth it?

She does have a "thalassotherapy pool" which is really a giant hot tub, no where near the size/quality of the Dream class'

8 minutes ago, sandinmyshoes said:

& free from kids running around?

Yes

8 minutes ago, sandinmyshoes said:

We love the Spa staterooms & Thermal Suites on Celebrity Cruises but have not experienced them on Carnival.  

Nowhere near the same!

We were offered same deal on Vista and took it. There are several videos on youtube that show pretty good detail of what to expect. 

an upgrade to a spa balcony does not always include spa membership. I would call and ask, if the spa entrance is included, it's a bargain. 

3 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

She does have a "thalassotherapy pool" which is really a giant hot tub, no where near the size/quality of the Dream class  

This statement is not correct. Vista does not have a thalassotherapy pool. The only Carnival ships with a thalassotherapy pool are Splendor, Dream, Magic and Breeze. Mardi Gras is supposed to have one too, so I assume Carnival has listened to all the negative feedback concerning Vista class ships not having a thalassotherapy pool. 

2 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

This statement is not correct. Vista does not have a thalassotherapy pool. The only Carnival ships with a thalassotherapy pool are Splendor, Dream, Magic and Breeze. Mardi Gras is supposed to have one too, so I assume Carnival has listened to all the negative feedback concerning Vista class ships not having a thalassotherapy pool. 

Ah, but regardless, it is a giant hot tub.

I took the upsell for the spa cabin on the Horizon.  I found the hot beds and special showers lovely.  The whirlpool was kid free so worth it to me.

3 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Ah, but regardless, it is a giant hot tub.

The idea to youtube it was excellent & gave me the perfect sense of what the Thermal Suites offers.  I never would have thought of that.  

So Vista doesn’t have a real Thelosotherapy pool but does have some type of large hot tub in the room with the warmed tile loungers that has minerals & salt in the water that is suppose to be soothing.  (According to the clever youtube video).  

Now my only issue is whether I can hear the water with my balcony door cracked  open at night if I’m way up on the 14th deck.  I’m thinking I likely won’t be able to & that is my favorite part.  (Don’t worry, I don’t run the ac when the balcony door is open for anyone who might be worried about the energy waste.)  Decisions decisions.

17 hours ago, sandinmyshoes said:

The idea to youtube it was excellent & gave me the perfect sense of what the Thermal Suites offers.  I never would have thought of that.  

So Vista doesn’t have a real Thelosotherapy pool but does have some type of large hot tub in the room with the warmed tile loungers that has minerals & salt in the water that is suppose to be soothing.  (According to the clever youtube video).  

Now my only issue is whether I can hear the water with my balcony door cracked  open at night if I’m way up on the 14th deck.  I’m thinking I likely won’t be able to & that is my favorite part.  (Don’t worry, I don’t run the ac when the balcony door is open for anyone who might be worried about the energy waste.)  Decisions decisions.

I was wondering the same thing, but since it is at front of ship might be able to hear it cutting through the waves. We originally were booked in cove balcony so definitely would have heard the water from second deck but for the price and proximity to areas we spend a lot of time I couldn't pass it up. 

17 hours ago, sandinmyshoes said:

We have stayed on deck 14 on both Horizon and Vista. You can clearly hear the water when you are on the balcony at night. Obviously the faster the ship is moving the louder it will sound. Based on the noise level on the balcony, I believe you would hear the water in the cabin with the balcony door cracked. I have never personally done that so I can’t say for certain. 

I wouldn’t call the hot tub in the thermal suite large. It’s not very big and it only has seats on one side.  Your experience may be different, but it felt crowded to me when there was only a handful of people in there. However, the heated chairs, sauna, steam rooms and infrared heat room are definitely worth staying in a spa cabin on Vista class ships. 

Hi we did a review on the Cloud 9 spa if you would like to take a look.

On 7/29/2019 at 2:55 PM, sandinmyshoes said:

I can upgrade my standard balcony to a spa balcony on the Vista for $100.  The location I have & the new one are both good but with the Vista not having the Thelassatherapy pool is is really worth it?  The Carnival website is not really clear on what types of specialty climate rooms (Thermal Suites) Cloud 9 offers on this ship.  

Are they elegant, quiet, & free from kids running around?  We probably will not buy spa treatments and the free metabolic testing, yoga, & pilates classes included with the room will go unused.  We love the Spa staterooms & Thermal Suites on Celebrity Cruises but have not experienced them on Carnival.  

Hi we did a review of the Vista Cloud 9  if you would like to take a look.  We went in January so I can't give any info on kids, there were not many kids on the boat at that time of year, but thinking back I do not remember seeing any children in the Spa Area.

https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/explore/onboard/spa-fitness/menus/cloud-9-menu.pdf