Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

2 hours ago, dreadpirate3 said:

Hi, looking for cruises out of Tampa for fall 2021. When will those be released?

Additional sailings will most likely be added the week of the 9th of March. 

There will be a gap in fall 2021 where there is no ship home ported in Tampa while Brilliance is in Boston from September to late November and prior to Rhapsody returning from the transatlantic mid-December 2021. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

Additional sailings will most likely be added the week of the 9th of March. 

There will be a gap in fall 2021 where there is no ship home ported in Tampa while Brilliance is in Boston from September to late November and prior to Rhapsody returning from the transatlantic mid-December 2021. 

Thank you! Just trying to get deposits in and vacation time on work calendars. Also going to book a suite so we can hit diamond after that sailing.

22 hours ago, MichellePerth said:

What sort of freaks me out is I have been on ships where there has been a norovirus going around.  They will take precautions but they are really surface level.  They will only give you packets of salt and pepper in the MDR but still have menus touched by the previous diners. They also have chairs that people sit on and grab underneath to scoot forward. Do they ever sanitise the chairs, especially in those hidden areas.  IMO they need to have a massive increase in hand sanitiser stations throughout the ship.  For example, if you want to sanitise your hands between touching the tongs in the windjammer and eating your food, you have to put your food down and walk up to the front of the massive area.  There should be auto sanitising stations in every dining cluster in the windjammer.  Possibly a serenading trio in the MDR where they give those interested a squirt. 

Hand sanitizer is antibacterial, not antiviral, so won't protect you against Noro - you would have to go to the hand washing stations that are being installed in the entrance and wash your hands with soap and hot water. There are wipes (Clorox make one) that will protect, so perhaps the solution is for passengers to take matters into their own hands (pun intended) and use them on their hands and utensils before eating. What would be even better would be if ill passengers (those who know it, at least) would stay out of the Windjammer, or if security could bar those who refuse to wash or sanitize (US spelling 🙂 ) but we all know that's not going to happen.

4 hours ago, twangster said:

Quantum's "virtual" LA sailings in the app are no more.  Nothing but Singapore through the end of April now.

*sigh* just like Voyager has disappeared from the 2021 schedule in the Ports America website. What app are you using, by the way?

46 minutes ago, critterchick said:

Hand sanitizer is antibacterial, not antiviral, so won't protect you against Noro - you would have to go to the hand washing stations that are being installed in the entrance and wash your hands with soap and hot water. There are wipes (Clorox make one) that will protect, so perhaps the solution is for passengers to take matters into their own hands (pun intended) and use them on their hands and utensils before eating. What would be even better would be if ill passengers (those who know it, at least) would stay out of the Windjammer, or if security could bar those who refuse to wash or sanitize (US spelling 🙂 ) but we all know that's not going to happen.

*sigh* just like Voyager has disappeared from the 2021 schedule in the Ports America website. What app are you using, by the way?

Good grief.  I did not know that the sanitiser did not prevent noro.  Obviously the cruise lines would know this.  They should have someone with tongs handing out the antiviral wipes.  They should also have at least two washy washy people because many people will not wait if the washy washy person is busy.  Thanks for the heads up. 😔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MichellePerth said:

Good grief.  I did not know that the sanitiser did not prevent noro.  Obviously the cruise lines would know this.  They should have someone with tongs handing out the antiviral wipes.  They should also have at least two washy washy people because many people will not wait if the washy washy person is busy.  Thanks for the heads up. 😔

Mind you, I carry a small bottle of hand sanitizer and use it liberally. There are plenty of other nasty bugs lurking onboard. I should probably put a dab under my nose!

12 hours ago, MichellePerth said:

We should all mention that and the stupid new format of the compass in the next after cruise survey. 

Oh boy, new format for the compass?  Is there a thread on this, I haven't seen anything, but then again, the search results I get aren't always all that accurate which is probably me, not the search tool.  

For those ships with the new format, activities are grouped by type of event, there is no single chronological listing of all events.  Categories are "Good to Know", "Things to do", "Wellness & Retail Therapy" "Entertainment", "Music and Dancing"

2056901828_NwCCgroupbyactivities.thumb.jpeg.6ff1528a1e2213ecd543536c12cc06e4.jpeg

Old format was chronological  

466976060_OldCCchronological.thumb.jpeg.35cf32d4020df56c9b0eb2baaba89eb3.jpeg

With the old chronological listing if is 7pm and you are looking for things to do you look in one place.  With the new format if it's 7pm you have to look into each category to see if any activity catches your eye.

10 minutes ago, banzaii said:

Is it just me, or does Royal seem really indecisive when it comes to how they are reacting to the various things going on in Asia?  At keast when compared with other major lines.

The people who booked NCL got shorter cancellation notices, people already flying in to Singapore for cruise then cancelled, others forced to take a 10 day I stop cruise. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mugtech said:

The people who booked NCL got shorter cancellation notices, people already flying in to Singapore for cruise then cancelled, others forced to take a 10 day I stop cruise. 

Thinking more in terms of thread topic -re redeployment of Asian based ships than handling of cancellations.  Don't think there were any gold stars handed out there!