Jump to content

Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, MADflyer said:

They do make it difficult but you just have to count each April to October as the year and it works out to 2021 and Royal has not yet booked the last year on the website which NCL and MSC have booked. That is 2022 April to October. 

Only cruises available from April to October, 2022, on NCL website are the Pride of America 7 day cruises rt from Honolulu.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mugtech said:

Only cruises available from April to October, 2022, on NCL website are the Pride of America 7 day cruises rt from Honolulu.

On the deployment thread we usually are just discussing port bookings for cruises that have not yet been released. 

 

Norwegian Bliss and Encore along with MSC Magnifica have booked their entire 2022 Alaska season. RCI has not. None of these port bookings are for cruises that would be available on their website. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2020 at 12:20 AM, ONECRUISER said:

Agree, still dont have everything for Summer 2021 with some 2020-2021 still changing week to week...

 

We are finishing up our Sydney (2/10/21) to Vancouver (5/16/21) on Serenade.  When we leave the ship, it does the new round trip Alaska out of Vancouver. 

 

That would be a nice summer trip for you, along with Radiance doing the one way N/S trips (which we are on this year).  🙂 

 

I am still waiting for the 2021 Iceland/Greenland TA...sigh...nothing in sight for booking....still!!  😞 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2020 at 1:18 AM, Saab4444 said:

Serenade is still  unknown as well!

 

Looks like only out to September of 2021.  Agree...will be interesting to know if it still does the Aussie/Alaska runs in 2022

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

The Spectrum of the Seas   could be   homeporting in Taiwan for Royal Caribbean International as soon as mid February, according to multiple media reports coming out of Taiwan, which also suggested other operators could be following suit due to the coronavirus outbreak in China

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

15 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

could be   homeporting in Taiwan

Thanks, yes the article does say just that. :classic_biggrin:

 

And the heading also states-  

Spectrum of the Seas Reportedly Being Redeployed to Taiwan

Just sharing info for those who may be booked on her, or are considering booking. Good luck to all of you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

 

Thanks, yes the article does say just that. :classic_biggrin:

 

And the heading also states-  

Spectrum of the Seas Reportedly Being Redeployed to Taiwan

Just sharing info for those who may be booked on her, or are considering booking. Good luck to all of you. 

Cool, just wondering myself. Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't been able to search through all the pages of notes here but I was wondering if anyone knew anything about ships doing the Iceland/Norway trips in 2022.  My husband and I have that as our bucket list cruise and would like to do it in 2022.  

 

Thanks in advance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ChollaChick said:

I haven't been able to search through all the pages of notes here but I was wondering if anyone knew anything about ships doing the Iceland/Norway trips in 2022.  My husband and I have that as our bucket list cruise and would like to do it in 2022.  

 

Thanks in advance.

 

Summer 2022 won't be known until at least this November.

Link to post
Share on other sites

That Voyager Port Bookings Singapore to Los Angeles you can now add Cairns 5 June 2021. 

Darwin 1 June

Cairns (Yorkeys Knob) 5 June

Airlie Beach 6 June?

Brisbane 8 June 

Sydney 10 June

Honolulu - Oahu 21 - 22 June

Lahaina - Maui 23 June

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, springaussie said:

That Voyager Port Bookings Singapore to Los Angeles you can now add Cairns 5 June 2021. 

Darwin 1 June

Cairns (Yorkeys Knob) 5 June

Airlie Beach 6 June?

Brisbane 8 June 

Sydney 10 June

Honolulu - Oahu 21 - 22 June

Lahaina - Maui 23 June

 

I am glad they added Honolulu for an overnight as the first US port.  That should prevent the immigration//ship inspection problems that Ovation ran into coming back into the US for the first time last year and they had to skip another Hawaii port.  A lot of people were upset about that itinerary change.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The headaches just got worse... WHO declares global emergency:   https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/30/health/coronavirus-world-health-organization.html

Likely result IMHO is an exit of every non-Chinese cruise line from China.  

No knowing how long they will stay away.  Hard to see Taiwan sustaining Spectrum for long, if they do send her there.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, springaussie said:

That Voyager Port Bookings Singapore to Los Angeles you can now add Cairns 5 June 2021. 

Darwin 1 June

Cairns (Yorkeys Knob) 5 June

Airlie Beach 6 June?

Brisbane 8 June 

Sydney 10 June

Honolulu - Oahu 21 - 22 June

Lahaina - Maui 23 June

 

Hey springaussie,

Voyager is also booked into Kona on 24 June.  

 

Given that this 2021 Voyager re-deployment now appears very likely, I'm thinking Serenade will be the third ship based In Sydney.  The Melbourne entries would he cancelled or (less likely) another ship brought in.  What do you think? 

I don't agree with the hypothesis that Sydney will have only two ships.  

Caveat on this is how Royal re-deploys the ships from China and how long those re-deployments are in effect. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am going for Adventure of the Seas for Sydney. I realise no port bookings to support this guess. 

Royal/Celebrity have too many port bookings in Darwin/ Fremantle from  Asia.

Cairns doesn’t list Serenade also for late 2021. Serenade For Melbourne maybe.  
With the virus going on will Wonder still go to China is another thing to consider.  
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, springaussie said:

I am going for Adventure of the Seas for Sydney. I realise no port bookings to support this guess. 

Royal/Celebrity have too many port bookings in Darwin/ Fremantle from  Asia.

Cairns doesn’t list Serenade also for late 2021. Serenade For Melbourne maybe.  
With the virus going on will Wonder still go to China is another thing to consider.  
 

Interesting guess. 

 

Regarding Wonder.... No ships will be going to China until this pandemic is resolved.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Interesting guess. 

 

Regarding Wonder.... No ships will be going to China until this pandemic is resolved.  

That's still a year away, of which a lot can change during this period. I think the pandemic should calm down around May/June at the latest. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

That's still a year away, of which a lot can change during this period. I think the pandemic should calm down around May/June at the latest. 

What do you base that on?, I've read that it's expected to peak around April /may.   I've also read there likely won't even be human trials of any new vaccine until June.  Have you read something different? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

7 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

What do you base that on?, I've read that it's expected to peak around April /may.   I've also read there likely won't even be human trials of any new vaccine until June.  Have you read something different? 

I've read quite a few things, that I don't know what to believe tbh. I've also read the same, but just based on my own observations, i've made my own graphs regarding the new cases reported everyday. What I'm seeing is a decline in the rate of acceleration of growth in cases. The growth is no longer as exponential as it used to be a few days ago. But of course that's just my own stuff, and there's nothing to support that right now. 

 

The fact that the virus has spread around the globe already and that we are not seeing more infections at this stage, suggests that either weather or some characteristic of Wuhan's city (ie. contaminated water, air, cold weather), is the driving force of the spread that is not seen elsewhere other than China at this point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

 

I've read quite a few things, that I don't know what to believe tbh. I've also read the same, but just based on my own observations, i've made my own graphs regarding the new cases reported everyday. What I'm seeing is a decline in the rate of acceleration of growth in cases. The growth is no longer as exponential as it used to be a few days ago. But of course that's just my own stuff, and there's nothing to support that right now. 

 

The fact that the virus has spread around the globe already and that we are not seeing more infections at this stage, suggests that either weather or some characteristic of Wuhan's city (ie. contaminated water, air, cold weather), is the driving force of the spread that is not seen elsewhere other than China at this point. 

The problem is Chinese data is unreliable.

 Australian has the only sample of the virus out side of China as we grew it ,the Chinese want share it .

They won’t cooperate with anyone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

 

I've read quite a few things, that I don't know what to believe tbh. I've also read the same, but just based on my own observations, i've made my own graphs regarding the new cases reported everyday. What I'm seeing is a decline in the rate of acceleration of growth in cases. The growth is no longer as exponential as it used to be a few days ago. But of course that's just my own stuff, and there's nothing to support that right now. 

 

The fact that the virus has spread around the globe already and that we are not seeing more infections at this stage, suggests that either weather or some characteristic of Wuhan's city (ie. contaminated water, air, cold weather), is the driving force of the spread that is not seen elsewhere other than China at this point. 

Thanks for sharing the basis of your beliefs.  I hope you are correct.  Please keep us updated as to your thoughts. 

 

I find the following facts quite troubling. 

While the flu kills a  large number of people every year, we don't see footage of flu carriers collapsing in the streets.   

I've not heard of China building at least 4 field hospitals in anticipation of intake from flu or other sicknesses. 

The claim that there is a 14 day incubation period where symptomless people can spread the disease. 

The fact that 5 million people left the initial quarantine area less than 2 weeks ago.  

The claims that China is burning bodies without formally identifying them. 

Plus various other reports. 

 

I hope you are correct and I'm very interested in reading about your charts.  I remain skeptical that things will be settled by then.  I've taken actions to ensure, as best I can, the health, safety and comfort of my loved ones in the event it does go the other way. 

 

Thanks for your response.  💐

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2020
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...