Cruise Critic Community
Biker19

Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

3 hours ago, BSocial said:

Yes, nice design!  Glad it’s just a Postponement.   

I'm on Jewel Ta to Barcelona in March '21

We are watching this thread.  We are booked on the Allure for Thanksgiving 2021, sounds like this booking won't happen. Very sad, we were on the Allure a few years ago and were extremely excited to get back on an Oasis class ship so convenient to us in Galveston.  Hopefully we will hear on the resolution quickly.  I understand the delay due to the lack of cash/income from the shutdown, hopefully it is just a delay. 

Su 20 Jun 2021 Wonder of the Seas 1500 訪問 transit
Mo 21 Jun 2021 Wonder of the Seas 1900
Hong Kong Cruise Terminals.
Also shows Wonder being Home ported In Hong Kong December 2021/ January 2022 like Spectrum and Quantum have done past years.

15 minutes ago, springaussie said:
Hong Kong Cruise Terminals.
Also shows Wonder being Home ported In Hong Kong December 2021/ January 2022 like Spectrum and Quantum have done past years.

Where did you find this? 

8 hours ago, springaussie said:

I wonder if this was done before the shipyard closure.

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

I wonder if this was done before the shipyard closure.

Sigh.  So the shipyard is closed?

6 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

Sigh.  So the shipyard is closed?

Not sure of the closure level, but I think very little work is being done - though they did deliver X Apex last week (though the ship is back at the shipyard to deal with the infected crew). I think the only shipyards which seem to be working close to normal are the Meyer ones in Germany and Finland.

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Not sure of the closure level, but I think very little work is being done - though they did deliver X Apex last week (though the ship is back at the shipyard to deal with the infected crew). I think the only shipyards which seem to be working close to normal are the Meyer ones in Germany and Finland.

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Well, if you hear anything concrete or specific to this ship, or odyssey, would you mind posting it?  I'd appreciate it. 💐😔

3 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

Well, if you hear anything concrete or specific to this ship, or odyssey, would you mind posting it?  I'd appreciate it. 💐😔

You can follow both ships' construction progress in their respective "blocks are in the house" threads. Odyssey may still be on schedule as there's tangible progress on her construction.

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

You can follow both ships' construction progress in their respective "blocks are in the house" threads. Odyssey may still be on schedule as there's tangible progress on her construction.

OK. Thank you. I'll look for them. Thank you. 🙏

Serenade has finally showed up at Honolulu for the 7th of October, 2021 and that follows the call by Ovation on the 28th of September 2021. Both ships are only booked so far at Honolulu and not other Hawaii ports. 

There is no sign yet for Quantum following the Alaska season. 

7 hours ago, MADflyer said:

Serenade has finally showed up at Honolulu for the 7th of October, 2021 and that follows the call by Ovation on the 28th of September 2021. Both ships are only booked so far at Honolulu and not other Hawaii ports. 

There is no sign yet for Quantum following the Alaska season. 

Thx for posting.  Looks very likely that Serenade will home port in Melbourne.  Couple of charters from Sydney first, upon arrival from Homolulu.   

The early itinerary for the Unnamed Vessel is still in place - entrering Australia from the west in Fremantle, then Adelaide and Hobart.  These are held in the name of Ovation.  Doesn't look like it's Quantum.  Odyssey perhaps?  

NSW Ports seems to have taken the cruise schedule off their web site so I can't check the Sydney entries.   

15 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

The early itinerary for the Unnamed Vessel is still in place - entrering Australia from the west in Fremantle, then Adelaide and Hobart.  These are held in the name of Ovation.  Doesn't look like it's Quantum.  Odyssey perhaps?

Odyssey is headed to Florida so if it's a Quantum class it has be one of the others including Spectrum.

15 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Odyssey perhaps?  

Odyssey is already scheduled to be sailing from Florida until April 2022. Plus I don't think they'd pull Florida's first Q Class ship away after just two seasons.

Could it be Spectrum?

It seems very likely that we will see 2 Quantum Class Ships sailing from Australia as of the 2021/2022 season and that both Ovation and Quantum will split their time going forward between Alaska and Australia.

7 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Odyssey is headed to Florida so if it's a Quantum class it has be one of the others including Spectrum.

6 hours ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Odyssey is already scheduled to be sailing from Florida until April 2022. Plus I don't think they'd pull Florida's first Q Class ship away after just two seasons.

Could it be Spectrum?

Ah yes, I overlooked the 2022 bookings in Ft Lauderdale.  

Posted (edited)

What happens to Singapore? They still have a 5 year contract for a quantum class ship from 2020 onwards in place.

Edited by Ethanol95

2 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

What happens to Singapore? They still have a 5 year contract for a quantum class ship from 2020 onwards in place.

I can't see Singapore missing out.  Perhaps... 

Alaska and Singapore share Quantum.  

Sydney and China share Spectrum. 

China would have the shiny new Wonder.  

6 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

Spectrum will be in the area.

9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Spectrum will be in the area.

Spectrum is on the vessel list for the Marina Bay Terminal in Singapore but there are currently no booked cruises being shown publicly on the cruise schedule. 

3 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

Spectrum is on the vessel list for the Marina Bay Terminal in Singapore but there are currently no booked cruises being shown publicly on the cruise schedule. 

Even before the pandemic, I only would think that Spectrum transits through Singapore from China to Australia. Can you provide the link? I've been searching for the official port website for a few months now, but seems like they changed the address or removed it completely. 

5 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

Even before the pandemic, I only would think that Spectrum transits through Singapore from China to Australia.

Don't think Spectrum was ever planned for Australia - the ship is different enough from Quantum and Ovation, that I don't think there was ever a plan to use anywhere besides Asia.