Jump to content

Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins


Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, springaussie said:

Limassol Cyprus is the current destination For Radiance and Navigator. 

 

I wonder where Radiance will head to after Limassol?? We're booked for the Eastbound Panama Canal from San Pedro to Miami Oct 1. If she's coming to the West Coast she's taking the long way to get here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

 

I wonder where Radiance will head to after Limassol?? We're booked for the Eastbound Panama Canal from San Pedro to Miami Oct 1. If she's coming to the West Coast she's taking the long way to get here. 

Someone thought it’s going in to dry dock.

Some of the ships have a lot marine growth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When Explorer went from the Pacific to the Atlantic in 2019 she used the Suez Canal.

When Voyager moves from the Pacific to the Atlantic in 2022 she is slated to use the Suez Canal.

Whatever the reason Navigator has every appearance of using the Suez Canal. 

 

I think it's safe to say this class can't use the Panama Canal.

 

Pity Navigator can't do Hawaii to LAX as a revenue cruise.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, twangster said:

When Explorer went from the Pacific to the Atlantic in 2019 she used the Suez Canal.

When Voyager moves from the Pacific to the Atlantic in 2022 she is slated to use the Suez Canal.

Whatever the reason Navigator has every appearance of using the Suez Canal. 

 

I think it's safe to say this class can't use the Panama Canal.

 

Pity Navigator can't do Hawaii to LAX as a revenue cruise.  

Where do you speculate wonder going twangster?

Sea trials start 22 August and deployment in March to China.

That leaves 3-4 months in limbo.
 Singapore or Hong Kong?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/19/2021 at 5:44 PM, Chiliburn said:

Where do you speculate wonder going twangster?

Sea trials start 22 August and deployment in March to China.

That leaves 3-4 months in limbo.
 Singapore or Hong Kong?

 

Crazy times.  I'm not speculating any which way.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, twangster said:

 

Crazy times.  I'm not speculating any which way.  

It looks like Quantum is deployed in Singapore till February,so that doesn’t look likely.

 

I think a early start in Hong Kong is likely.

BUT our state governments are looking for a way to thank our frontline medical workers.

Royal has done it before with spectrum.

A couple of visits to Australia and take the medicos on would be a foot in the door for the local cruise industry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

It looks like Quantum is deployed in Singapore till February,so that doesn’t look likely.

 

In the short term I wouldn’t be surprised if Quantum missed a few cruises until the virus gets under control in Singapore. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A few months ago who would have predicted that the US with the CDC CSO in play would become the hotbed of cruising globally for the summer of 2021?

 

All bets are off.  I'm not trying to predict anything from here forward.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, springaussie said:

In the short term I wouldn’t be surprised if Quantum missed a few cruises until the virus gets under control in Singapore. 

Not happening unless it gets significantly worse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

It looks like Quantum is deployed in Singapore till February,so that doesn’t look likely.

 

I think a early start in Hong Kong is likely.

BUT our state governments are looking for a way to thank our frontline medical workers.

Royal has done it before with spectrum.

A couple of visits to Australia and take the medicos on would be a foot in the door for the local cruise industry.

Word says, Wonder might have been planned to replace Quantum for the rest of the season. But this is still very much speculation at this point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

It was on the radio that the getting ship has started in Hong Kong and maybe the American ship may not start.

Does anyone know about spectrum?

 Voyager has gone back to Singapore I believe.

 Do you think Wonder will have problems with China because it’s a American ship and the current tensions?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Does anyone know about spectrum?

 

 Do you think Wonder will have problems with China because it’s a American ship and the current tensions?

I haven't seen anything to indicate a further delay for her 10/5 restart.

 

No.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

It is possible we could be in this situation soon.


Royal will get sick of waiting for approval from Australia to cruise in December 2021.  Ovation will go to Florida or New York to start cruises November 2021. 

Spectrum will take Ovation’s spot in Alaska 2022.. 

Royal will pull out of China like other cruise lines have already done. 

 

Just putting the scenario up. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holland America Line’s Alaska Exploration Sale
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...