Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

Europe 2021 Deployment

Mediterranean

Harmony of the seas (Palma de Mallorca)

Odyssey of the seas (Piraeus Spring and Fall)

Explorer of the seas (Villefrance, Gibraltar & Piraeus)

Rhapsody of the seas [Cannes (prob TA) & Piraeus]

Vision of the seas (Cannes, Villefrance & Piraeus)

UK

Anthem of the seas (Havre, Gibraltar, Cannes, Palma de Mallorca, Funchal)

Independence of the seas (Havre, Gibraltar, Funchal)

Northern Europe

Jewel of the seas [Havre, Gibraltar, (Palma de Mallorca, Villefrance & Piraeus Spring and Fall)]

Brilliance of The Seas (Reykjavík)

In bolds are the ports that have the specific ship registered.
Edited by SummmerInKefalonia

8 minutes ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Europe 2021 Deployment

Mediterranean

UK

Northern Europe

Jewel of the seas [Havre, Gibraltar, (Palma de Mallorca, Villefrance & Piraeus in Spring and Fall)]

Nice selection but 9 ships seems like quite a lot.

Would be awesome if we got Indy back in the UK.

3 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

Ok. I don’t understand how it’s open but you’re the expert

Kinda like when baseball season opens in February with spring training.  This thread begins with the spring training of the 2021-2022 booking season.  Regular season starts about December.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

Nice selection but 9 ships seems like quite a lot.

Would be awesome if we got Indy back in the UK.

So Odyssey shows up in Piraeus both Spring and Fall of 2021??? I thought it was supposed to be home ported over here year round.

24 minutes ago, lighthousemom said:

So Odyssey shows up in Piraeus both Spring and Fall of 2021??? I thought it was supposed to be home ported over here year round.

We shall see.  Sometimes the ship names are just placeholders.

• Like 1

Does anyone have any insight or educated guesses on the likely location of the mooted Perfect Day island off the coast of Australia?  There are some difficult logistics Royal will have to address, including construction, provisioning and maintenance given that most of the islands are quite undeveloped and remote.  This is relevant to deployment because it coud be the trigger for an Oasis class ship to enter the region.  At the very least, itineraries from Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne (Celebrity) would change.  

My own guess is that they will develop an island in or near Port Vila harbour.  

8 hours ago, lighthousemom said:

Where was Odyssey supposed to be homeported year round? I thought that she was splitting time between Europe and Florida.

5 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Does anyone have any insight or educated guesses on the likely location of the mooted Perfect Day island off the coast of Australia?  There are some difficult logistics Royal will have to address, including construction, provisioning and maintenance given that most of the islands are quite undeveloped and remote.  This is relevant to deployment because it coud be the trigger for an Oasis class ship to enter the region.  At the very least, itineraries from Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne (Celebrity) would change.  

My own guess is that they will develop an island in or near Port Vila harbour.  

Altough the islands are less expensive in Vanuatu, New Caledonia and even Fiji, my guess is somewhere closer to the Queensland Coast.  The Whitsundays have a number of private islands and even some established resorts for sale. 

If it was my decision, I'd perhaps be looking near the southern end of Great Barrier Reef off 1770, Bundaburg or Gladstone.  This area is very much untapped and unspoilt.  With great coral atolls, Turtle rookeries and no stingers.  Although much of this area is National Park, there are some resorts already.

22 hours ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Europe 2021 Deployment

Mediterranean

UK

Northern Europe

Jewel of the seas [Havre, Gibraltar, (Palma de Mallorca, Villefrance & Piraeus Spring and Fall)]

Has there ever been that many ships in the Europe?

It's one more than usually... For Odyssey and Independence of the seas I have my doubts they will remain as they are, but that's what the current registrations at the ports are. For the others I'm pretty curtain, even though from what I have heard in 2021 Marella cruises is introducing Discovery 3 so that means another vision-class cruise ship will be probably sold.

10 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to which ship will be doing the shorter RT CPH Baltic cruises?  I know Serenade is doing it this year, then the Jewel, but what about after that for Summer, 2021?  Could it be Liberty?

Jewel should be back in the Baltic from May - September 2021. The bookings in Med ports are likely for her repositioning from Dubai to Copenhagen and for a short Med fall season.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

Has there ever been that many ships in the Europe?

2011 and 2012 had 11 ships in Europe. That was before the Asia market took off, and a time where there were only 2 Oasis Class ships and no Quantum Class ships, so the company has changed considerably in terms of ship deployment since then.

Edited by CruisingJoe09
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, banzaii said:

Altough the islands are less expensive in Vanuatu, New Caledonia and even Fiji, my guess is somewhere closer to the Queensland Coast.  The Whitsundays have a number of private islands and even some established resorts for sale. 

If it was my decision, I'd perhaps be looking near the southern end of Great Barrier Reef off 1770, Bundaburg or Gladstone.  This area is very much untapped and unspoilt.  With great coral atolls, Turtle rookeries and no stingers.  Although much of this area is National Park, there are some resorts already.

That area would also be a good choice.  Royal may be more comfortable holding the lease or title on Australian land as well.  Most itineraries would have a lot of sea days, but I guess that wouldn't matter to Royal (more onboard revenue).  

7 hours ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to which ship will be doing the shorter RT CPH Baltic cruises?  I know Serenade is doing it this year, then the Jewel, but what about after that for Summer, 2021?  Could it be Liberty?

It is Jewel again, and Liberty would be too big for several ports in the Baltic and Norway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

That area would also be a good choice.  Royal may be more comfortable holding the lease or title on Australian land as well.  Most itineraries would have a lot of sea days, but I guess that wouldn't matter to Royal (more onboard revenue).  

Agreed.

And remember the whole 'porpoise' of a RCCL private island is to keep more of that shore revenue! 

With the huge potential of Brisbane based ships having year-round itineraries.  They could add a QLD island to most, if not all, Australian itinetaries. Including 3 and 4 nights,

Just replicating my recent post from the 2020-21 thread, since it belongs here...

Quantum of the Seas has appeared in the Napier, NZ port calendar on Jan 18 2022, and twice more in following seasons.  The Unnamed Vessel appears in the Sydney ports calendar on Jan 13 and 24 of that year.  Looks like Quantum (or another Q-class ship) might replace Serenade in Sydney.  This would not surprise given the congestion in Sydney Circular Quay.  

Looking for 2 sailings ...

1) May TA from Florida to Spain, preferably on a big ship, or

2) Sept 10 night Greek Islands cruise from Italy, which is similar to my bucket list trip on Rhapsody in 2016.

2021 is definitely when I head back to Europe, preferably Spain and Portugal!

Edited by Virtopia