Cruise Critic Community
Biker19

Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

2 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

Liberty of the Seas is booked until late November at Galveston when looking at the booking pattern at Grand Cayman. A November ship move could be in the works there. 

So do I understand you correctly that you think the Liberty will be in Galveston through October of 2021 then?  That would be awesome if so!  I cannot abide the Oasis Class ships and would much prefer anything smaller. 

2 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

So do I understand you correctly that you think the Liberty will be in Galveston through October of 2021 then?  That would be awesome if so!  I cannot abide the Oasis Class ships and would much prefer anything smaller. 

It is just through October that she is booked actually. 

Here are the October Cayman bookings: 

1. Liberty of the Seas Royal Caribbean Cruises 4,400 4,400 2021-10-06 10:30:00.000 2021-10-06 18:00:00.000
2. Liberty of the Seas Royal Caribbean Cruises 4,400 4,400 2021-10-13 10:30:00.000 2021-10-13 18:00:00.000
3. Liberty of the Seas Royal Caribbean Cruises 4,400 4,400 2021-10-20 10:30:00.000 2021-10-20 18:00:00.000

7 hours ago, Jack McGowan said:

Indy still appears to be a bit of a question mark. I'm guessing she will either be Fort Lauderdale or Southampton, however I believe she is booked into port schedules on both sides of the pond so nobody seems to know which yet...

Following speculation on this thread, would this leave Port Canaveral with no spring/summer/fall ship in 2021?

Edited by SherriZ366

1 hour ago, MADflyer said:

It is just through October that she is booked actually. 

Here are the October Cayman bookings: 

1. Liberty of the Seas Royal Caribbean Cruises 4,400 4,400 2021-10-06 10:30:00.000 2021-10-06 18:00:00.000
2. Liberty of the Seas Royal Caribbean Cruises 4,400 4,400 2021-10-13 10:30:00.000 2021-10-13 18:00:00.000
3. Liberty of the Seas Royal Caribbean Cruises 4,400 4,400 2021-10-20 10:30:00.000 2021-10-20 18:00:00.000

Just out of curiosity, where did you find this?

On Royal's site as well as several online TA's, it looks like you can book Liberty only thru April 2021.

Really hoping something replaces Anthem in bayonne! have done her twice since its so close to home but would LOVE to try a different ship within driving distance. hopefully an oasis class through winter 2021!!! fingers crossed

22 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Just out of curiosity, where did you find this?

On Royal's site as well as several online TA's, it looks like you can book Liberty only thru April 2021.

It is from the Cayman port booking website. 

1 hour ago, SherriZ366 said:

Following speculation on this thread, would this leave Port Canaveral with no spring/summer/fall ship in 2021?

INDY could potentially do a summer season at Port Canaveral as she is booked 2 times each month at St. Maarten the summer of 2021, just as Harmony was booked there for the summer of 2020.

1 hour ago, MADflyer said:

INDY could potentially do a summer season at Port Canaveral as she is booked 2 times each month at St. Maarten the summer of 2021, just as Harmony was booked there for the summer of 2020.

She's also booked into Gibraltar a couple of times [according to their port schedule] during the summer of 2021. So which one of the two is correct is a toss-up.

2 hours ago, allisonb22 said:

Really hoping something replaces Anthem in bayonne! have done her twice since its so close to home but would LOVE to try a different ship within driving distance. hopefully an oasis class through winter 2021!!! fingers crossed

The Adventure, Oasis, and Empress are already scheduled for Cape Liberty next year. What else do you want?

1 hour ago, mets123 said:

The Adventure, Oasis, and Empress are already scheduled for Cape Liberty next year. What else do you want?

1 hour ago, mets123 said:

Perhaps a Freedom class ship.

2 hours ago, scottbee said:

She's also booked into Gibraltar a couple of times [according to their port schedule] during the summer of 2021. So which one of the two is correct is a toss-up.

When they added Explorer just a couple weeks ago to Gibraltar and moved her from Rome indications strengthened that Explorer was the second ship at Southampton. Now that they suddenly appear to have moved Brilliance and have not booked the other ports for Explorer, it is sure hard to know. 

2 hours ago, MADflyer said:

When they added Explorer just a couple weeks ago to Gibraltar and moved her from Rome indications strengthened that Explorer was the second ship at Southampton. Now that they suddenly appear to have moved Brilliance and have not booked the other ports for Explorer, it is sure hard to know. 

True, but this being said, Explorer is down as an International arrival and Independence and Anthem down as British. 

4 hours ago, mets123 said:

Any source for that?
And which ship does what? Adventure does the sailings up to Québec City? 

Ugh! I have been planning for a big family trip to the British Isles for months...I figured it would probably be Brilliance because that's what has been doing the 12 night. Now I'm wondering if it will be a different one.  I did see the May Jewel for a couple hours last weekend.  I wish they would just post them already! I see a 7 night on Anthem online now.  We want the 12 night in July...I feel like the old Mervyn's commercial right now, staring at my screen, chanting "open, open, open..." 

1 hour ago, noitsnotatuba said:

Fingers crossed today is the day for Europe phase 1! 🤞 

I KNOW!!  waiting, waiting......  It could be up later today. Maybe tomorrow after the current "sale" ends.

Edited by Jax129

I just saw Royal is having a major Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale.    Not sure if I should wait to book, or book now with a refundable deposit. Can I change to non-refundable later? Cause it's usually way cheaper to do non-refundable & death is the only thing that's going to keep me from going on the cruise.

Edited by Jax129

1 minute ago, Jax129 said:

I just saw Royal is having a major Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale & offering up to $300 OBC    Not sure if I should wait to book, or book now with a refundable deposit. Can I change to non-refundable later? Cause it's usually way cheaper to do non-refundable & death is the only thing that's going to keep me from going on the cruise.

Yes you can change if it's before final payment date.  When you change it will be at the prevailing rate on that day

20 minutes ago, Jax129 said:

I just saw Royal is having a major Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale.    Not sure if I should wait to book, or book now with a refundable deposit. Can I change to non-refundable later? Cause it's usually way cheaper to do non-refundable & death is the only thing that's going to keep me from going on the cruise.

I always book refundable, so I'm not the best person to answer that question. I usually purchase an independent travel insurance policy too...

Are you looking for the 12 night in July too?

2 hours ago, shipfriend_max said:

Any source for that?
And which ship does what? Adventure does the sailings up to Québec City? 

The Adventure and Oasis sailings

have been up since Dec 2018 and Empress for at least three of four months. Just go to the web site and do a search for all sailings out of Cape Liberty.

10 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

Are you looking for the 12 night in July too?

9 night Greek Isles, been planning this for a year & now that we get to sail on Odyssey I am so excited!!  I was just looking at my notes from last year & Europe sailings were release on Dec 17 and the price for the Greek Isles OVB was $1,809 (for2020) which is currently about $900 more pp

9 minutes ago, mets123 said:

The Adventure and Oasis sailings

have been up since Dec 2018 and Empress for at least three of four months. Just go to the web site and do a search for all sailings out of Cape Liberty.

But isn't this for the 2020 season? In 2020 Empress, Oasis and Adventure are bookable from Bayonne, but not for 2021.

5 hours ago, mugtech said:

Perhaps a Freedom class ship.

Not much difference between a Freedom class and the Voyager class. Maybe just about 75 feet longer.

2 minutes ago, shipfriend_max said:

But isn't this for the 2020 season? In 2020 Empress, Oasis and Adventure are bookable from Bayonne, but not for 2021.

The response was to a question that nothing sails from Bayonne other than the Anthem and the OP wanted to see other ships. It has nothing to do with the 2021 deployment.