Cruise Critic Community
Biker19

Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

Latest predictions 

Adventure  -  Galveston – revitalization- Baltic / Bayonne / ???

Allure   -  Miami year round

Anthem  -   Bayonne / Southampton /  ??? (frequent pattern at St. Maarten Jan./Feb 2022?

Brilliance    Tampa year round  (likely with new summer Cayman Islands bookings)

Empress  -   Miami / Bayonne?

Enchantment   -  Baltimore year round.

Explorer    -  Miami /  ????

Freedom -  San Juan year round

Harmony -  PC / Barcelona / ????

Indy -  ??? PC or  Bayonne / Port Everglades  (summer bookings at St. Maarten)

Jewel  -   Suez/BCN / AMS NE /BI / BCN / Miami  

Liberty  -  Galveston until October / revitalization / ???  

Majesty   - New Orleans year round

Mariner   -  PC  3 / 4 night

Navigator  Miami  3 / 4 night

Oasis  -  PE year round

Odyssey   - PE / Rome / PE

Ovation   - Sydney / Seattle / Sydney

Quantum  - Beijing / Singapore

Radiance  - / AK one way Seward / Vancouver / HI / Brisbane

Rhapsody  - Tampa / Venice / Tampa

Serenade   -  HI  / Vancouver / ???

Spectrum   -  Beijing

Symphony  -   Miami year round

Vision  - Port Everglades / BCN 12 night / Port Everglades

Voyager  - Sydney / Singapore

Wonder – Southampton/BCN/Dubai/Shanghai

4 hours ago, MichiganMan4 said:

As a current connoisseur of connecting cabins for our kids... this is a very big risk/reward strategy.  

They’re attempting to monetize the value of connecting cabins (With a significant premium) for families but in reality it will probably price some families out of taking a RC Cruise.   Their “bet”’ is that the premium revenue collected wIll exceed the number of people that adversely select a competitor.  

What will we do?  Since we will have a 17 / 15 year old (at that time), we are fortunate not to NEED connecting rooms.  As a result we will not pay the premium and book non-connecting rooms. Then hope that this strategy gets reversed a can switch into a connecting room.

Am I upset that they’re implementing this pricing strategy? No.  They’re a for profit business and attempting to maximize their revenues.  I do the same (or inverse depending on your perspective) for my finances and look to minimize my expenses.  

I totally agree and think that if someone really wants this type of cabin they will pay for it. I imagine they either have these cabins as a separate category or are moving that way.   In the past, I have read people’s comments suggesting that you book such a room with an empty adjoining room in hopes that you will be upgraded or moved and compensated.  This keeps the rooms available for people who truly want them.  I think that is infinitely more fair than keeping them at the same price and people who need them not being able to get them or forcing other people to move to accomodate your desire for a connecting room.   Royal IS a business and I suppose they are trialling this as a way of revenue enhancement and as a way for people who most want access to be able to get that access. It’s been happening on airlines for a long time with charges for various preferred arrangements. 

15 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

Adventure in the Seas seems to move to Europe and take the Explorer bookings. That is finally a move that makes total sense as Adventure is due for the revitalization and that can happen in Cadiz. 

I'm SO pumped for that. Is the amplification supposed to look like the Mariner/Navigator amps?

3 minutes ago, jholzhauser said:

I'm SO pumped for that. Is the amplification supposed to look like the Mariner/Navigator amps?

No probably gonna end up being more like Voyager, where do you think she will Home port?

21 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

Adventure in the Seas seems to move to Europe

It's been reported over on the blog site that she will be doing 7 - 11 night Russia and Baltic cruises out of Stockholm and that bookings will open the week of December 9th.

Just now, FionaMG said:

It's been reported over on the blog site that she will be doing 7 - 11 night Russia and Baltic cruises out of Stockholm and that bookings will open the week of December 9th.

So excited for this!

3 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

No probably gonna end up being more like Voyager, where do you think she will Home port?

My guess is Copenhagen or Stockholm 

4 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

Any chance of Southampton?

It appears only Anthem from what I'm reading on blog posts. But a great ship! 

17 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

Any chance of Southampton?

It has been reported Stockholm homeport. 

So what's left to take over from Anthem in Bayonne? Looking to tag a cruise on to a New York city break in early May 2021.

29 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

So what's left to take over from Anthem in Bayonne? Looking to tag a cruise on to a New York city break in early May 2021.

I heard Empress would be returning to Bayonne again for the Summer Season in 2021

7 minutes ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

I heard Empress would be returning to Bayonne again for the Summer Season in 2021

Was hoping for something bigger. :classic_sad:

37 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Hoping for a Quantum class or Symphony of the Seas. Though the chances are not looking good.

Any news on a possible 2021 Artic Crossing transatlantic sailing like the Sept 2, 2020 Brilliance from Amsterdam to Boston with Iceland and Greenland?

Just now, shirazcruiser said:

Any news on a possible 2021 Artic Crossing transatlantic sailing like the Sept 2, 2020 Brilliance from Amsterdam to Boston with Iceland and Greenland?

Reykjavik does not report this far out. Jewel heads to Barcelona from Amsterdam now, so it would have to be Adventure of the Seas from Stockholm if that or similar sailing will take place.  

1 hour ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

So only 1 ship in Southampton??  Interesting

Hi looking at the Gibraltar cruise schedules, Anthem and Indy are together  20/21/22/23 meaning they could be together out of So,ton

1 minute ago, so,ton saint said:

Hi looking at the Gibraltar cruise schedules

Link please.

6 minutes ago, so,ton saint said:

Hi looking at the Gibraltar cruise schedules, Anthem and Indy are together  20/21/22/23 meaning they could be together out of So,ton

It has been confirmed in media release from Royal Caribbean that INDY is not crossing to Europe in 2021. 

INDY will most likely stay in PE or move to PC or Bayonne. 

29 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

It has been confirmed in media release from Royal Caribbean that INDY is not crossing to Europe in 2021. 

Indy in Bayonne would make me very happy. I will now be keeping fingers, legs and eyes crossed that your prediction is correct.

1 hour ago, MADflyer said:

Hi M.F am sailing DISCOVERY B to B  ex splendour  from PC  Charlston two days in New York what birth do you think they will put her in, i think they put Mein Shiff 1 into Bayonne. thanks in advance.

Wonder why there's no Harmony TA listed in April 2021 yet, anyone got info when they will release it?

2 minutes ago, mworkman said:

Wonder why there's no Harmony TA listed in April 2021 yet, anyone got info when they will release it?

In the past, transatlantics have come out at various times, no reliable pattern.