Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

In a perfect world...Brilliance stays in Tampa for the summer, and we get another (3rd) ship in PC.  Nice new terminal, and still just status quo with 2 ships in PC.  3 days a week with a ship from RCI there...still have four more days to choose from. 😉 

Years ago when Royal experimented with EX being here for a season of 9 night cruises...I though...Oh boy, here we go!  Loved that cruise on EX to southern Carib!  And the ship sailed full each time during that season.  But then nothing...  😞 

Was last on Explorer 18yrs ago this week. Did my first 10 and 9 niters on Grandeur 20yrs ago, hooked on longer Cruises ever since... 

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Wow...that's unusual.  Tampa usually does not have Royal ships sailing from that port in the summer.  Would be nice to think they might choose to add those on now.  🙂 

It might have something to do with competitive factors as MSC has added MSC Armonia from Tampa year round from November of 2020. MSC are doing 7 night sailings in the Summer of 2021 out of Tampa. 

I hope some of the new Europe itineraries to open next week are already up tomorrow evening or so, like it was the previous weeks...

otherwise, I am sure they will be up Wednesday at the latest.

Than we also know finally if a TA via Iceland will be offered or not.

Seems the sailings between Bayonne and Quebec will not be offered in 2021 again? 😞 

Just those ones in Empress up to Montreal?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

Was last on Explorer 18yrs ago this week. Did my first 10 and 9 niters on Grandeur 20yrs ago, hooked on longer Cruises ever since... 

Life change has opened up longer cruises for us as well.  Now a one week cruise seems just too short.  😉 Just finished packing this morning, bags sitting next to the door for Harmony tomorrow.  

Will be meeting the Lady Grandeur for the first time for us next year in September, B2B.  First time in Baltimore also.  Looking forward to it.  🙂  Did EX both here and once around the loop NE out of Cape Liberty few years ago.  

Edited by island lady

13 minutes ago, shipfriend_max said:

I hope some of the new Europe itineraries to open next week are already up tomorrow evening or so, like it was the previous weeks...

Seems the sailings between Bayonne and Quebec will not be offered in 2021 again? 😞 

Was anxiously waiting on 2021 Hawaii/Alaska couple of weeks ago.  The actual booking not available until Tuesday that week.  I guess no rhyme or reason on what day of the week they post.  

3 hours ago, MADflyer said:

Not confirmed yet, but the most likely is continued short 4 and 5 night sailings from Tampa. 

She has calls booked at Grand Cayman throughout that summer season. 

I'm one of many frequent cruisers who are fans of Radiance class and favor it over Vision class.  I personally fail to see the wisdom of putting Radiance class on 4/5 day itins.  For years they've had R ships on 10/11 day winter itineraries from Ft. Lauderdale but beginning in 2021 and again for 2022 they've put Vision and prices are staying lower than what I've been used to seeing for R class.  I have to assume they're not selling as well with Vision on the route. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shipfriend_max said:

I was going to wait on Jewel to see what its xoing but booked Empress from Montreal to San Juan this morning. 

Not a big ship so will sell out. Cheap at the moment

3 hours ago, island lady said:

In a perfect world...Brilliance stays in Tampa for the summer, and we get another (3rd) ship in PC.  Nice new terminal, and still just status quo with 2 ships in PC.  3 days a week with a ship from RCI there...still have four more days to choose from. 😉 

Years ago when Royal experimented with EX being here for a season of 9 night cruises...I though...Oh boy, here we go!  Loved that cruise on EX to southern Carib!  And the ship sailed full each time during that season.  But then nothing...  😞 

I would love a Royal ship out of PC going to Bermuda in the summer.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

IMO, Explorer was put into Port Canaveral for that season as an additional ship to test whether or not there was enough demand at the port for an Oasis Class since FR to OA is a huge jump in capacity. I don't think it was ever going to be a long-term thing.

3 hours ago, shipfriend_max said:

I've been checking at least twice a week for the past month, just in case.....

It seems like the first cruise from Copenhagen has «leaked». Here the details

May 16, 2021

7 Nights Scandinavia and Russia Cruise

Adventure of the Seas

Copenhagen - Cruising - Stockholm - Tallinn - St. Petersburg - Helsinki - Cruising - Copenhagen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andreasfcb said:

It seems like the first cruise from Copenhagen has «leaked». Here the details

May 16, 2021

7 Nights Scandinavia and Russia Cruise

Adventure of the Seas

Copenhagen - Cruising - Stockholm - Tallinn - St. Petersburg - Helsinki - Cruising - Copenhagen

This cruise also showed up on my online travel agency's web site - but it can't be booked. Adventure has from April 21 to May 16 to get herself from Galveston to Copenhagen. Maybe a Transatlantic cruise to Southampton, and then a repo to Copenhagen.

25 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

This cruise also showed up on my online travel agency's web site - but it can't be booked. Adventure has from April 21 to May 16 to get herself from Galveston to Copenhagen. Maybe a Transatlantic cruise to Southampton, and then a repo to Copenhagen.

Yeah been watching/checking this sailing since popped up 2 days ago. Couldnt book but It's an 18niter from Galveston to Copenhagen!        Galveston | Cruising | Las Palmas | Cruising | Lisbon | Cruising | Paris/Normandy (Le Havre) | Rotterdam | Cruising | Copenhagen

Edited by ONECRUISER

21 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yeah been watching/checking this sailing since popped up 2 days ago. Couldnt book but It's an 18niter from Galveston to Copenhagen!        Galveston | Cruising | Las Palmas | Cruising | Lisbon | Cruising | Paris/Normandy (Le Havre) | Rotterdam | Cruising | Copenhagen

Wow - interesting itinerary...but a LOT of sea days! Is it departing on April 21? If so, then there will be another 7-night before the May 16 7-night posted about by andreasfcb.

Edited by NancyIL

7 hours ago, NancyIL said:

Wow - interesting itinerary...but a LOT of sea days! Is it departing on April 21? If so, then there will be another 7-night before the May 16 7-night posted about by andreasfcb.

Yea, the first 9 days are sea days, that's a lot of trivia.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, andreasfcb said:

What do you think, will Arctic Cycle be covered by Adventure? They did that cruise every year with the ship located in Copenhagen.

Is there any chance for an Iceland trip, maybe even Iceland-Greenland TA?

No port stops possible for Adventure in Greenland, Honingsvag (North Cape) and Tromso, so that limits the options for anything more exiting than the standard southern Norwegian Fjord cruises.

16 hours ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

IMO, Explorer was put into Port Canaveral for that season as an additional ship to test whether or not there was enough demand at the port for an Oasis Class since FR to OA is a huge jump in capacity. I don't think it was ever going to be a long-term thing.

Mariner is a Voyager class, just like sister ship EX.  She was stationed here in PC (as the only brand new ship to come directly here) for many years.  It was also my very cruise on an RCI ship.   She was here with Monarch and earlier...SOS.  The demand was already obvious...even at that time.  

With Mariner having returned for 3/4 night cruises, and "flavor of the month" Harmony having replaced Oasis...they are both sailing full each cruise.  Would love to see an additional smaller (Vision? Radiance?) ship here to pick up the obvious interest in nine night or longer cruises, even if just seasonal.   

20 hours ago, island lady said:

I loved those 9-day cruises out of PC on Explorer!  I have sailed on Explorer out of so many ports over the years, from Miami to Seattle.  My next trip, in January includes a b2b on EX. My only complaint is that I wish they had another specialty restaurant, or perhaps a Chef’s Table.

2 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

No port stops possible for Adventure in Greenland, Honingsvag (North Cape) and Tromso, so that limits the options for anything more [...] than the standard southern Norwegian Fjord cruises.

Really, Adcenture couldn't dock in Tromso and Honningsvag? Why? Because other mega ships like MSC Splendida/Preziosa could call there too, or Mein Schiff 1, which is a few meters longer than Adventure? Is the draft an issue? Further I thought Adventure could tender in Honningsvag, as some other ships do, too?! 

I have browsed some information: Tromso cruise piers up to 300 m (MSC Preziosa, Mein Schiff 1 and Adventure otS would Exceed), capable for ships up to 9.5 m draft (Adventure 8.6 m draft, MSC Preziosa 8.65 m), and MSC Preziosa also calls at Tromso frequently, same as Honningsvag.

Where's the problem for Adventure? 

Edited by shipfriend_max

4 hours ago, shipfriend_max said:

Really, Adcenture couldn't dock in Tromso and Honningsvag? Why? Because other mega ships like MSC Splendida/Preziosa could call there too, or Mein Schiff 1, which is a few meters longer than Adventure? Is the draft an issue? Further I thought Adventure could tender in Honningsvag, as some other ships do, too?! 

I have browsed some information: Tromso cruise piers up to 300 m (MSC Preziosa, Mein Schiff 1 and Adventure otS would Exceed), capable for ships up to 9.5 m draft (Adventure 8.6 m draft, MSC Preziosa 8.65 m), and MSC Preziosa also calls at Tromso frequently, same as Honningsvag.

Where's the problem for Adventure? 

I was wondering that too. I thought that some cruises (Costa or MSC, not sure anymore) would even go to the Lofoten...

51 minutes ago, andreasfcb said:

I was wondering that too. I thought that some cruises (Costa or MSC, not sure anymore) would even go to the Lofoten...

Yeah but those ships are a little smaller.

I have done some research today, and I’ve seen that the draft should be a problem, Adventure has a draft of 9.2 m, MSC Preziosa Of 8.3 m or so, and the draft limit for Tromsø is 9.5 m as far as I read.

Now we have the answer, why Adventure is unlikely to call at Tromsø or Honningsvåg, even Klaipeda is a problem for this ship class.

That’s the reason why Voyager class isn’t ideal for Northern Europe.

That's really a shame, because I like this ship class. It's a shame that Royal is forced to use these «small» ships in Europe, the Radiance class looks so much smaller than the MSC ones that go to the North. I think they even have trips to Spitzbergen.

Anyway, we are excited to see what's coming for Adventure. If it's not appealing, we're going for the Norway-Iceland cruise on Jewel.