Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Please look for and post on existing COVID-19 threads before posting a new one.
Biker19

Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

I would pick San Diego as I have had too many bad experiences with disembarkation at Long Beach over the years. They may be better on 'closed loop' sailings or improved their operations in recent years. Otherwise, I rate Los Angeles as the worst port I have disembarked anywhere in the world. I have no idea though is San Diego would be better. 

Long Beach is Carnival only, Royal would go from San Pedro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Long Beach is Carnival only, Royal would go from San Pedro.

I guess San Pedro is where I have had all my troubles before then, that's right. That one had a Norwegian shopping village out in front, or? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, FlowBroTy said:

Could It Be That Actually Be A Filler For Serenade?

I think it’s a filler for quantum of the seas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, island lady said:

 

From what I have been watching...it's been just the southern (mostly Barcelona) TAs for Fall of 2021.  

 

With you ....and hoping the northern Atlantic, (Greenland/Iceland) TA will come out for booking soon.  

As said before there is no ship for a Greenland/Iceland transatlantic because it needs to go from North Europe to the Northeast coast of North America in September latest. In October/November there is already ice in this area and it would not be fun or even possible to approach ports in Greenland and Iceland with a normal cruise ship this time of the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't remember a Norwegian Village at San Pedro.  That saying, we have sailed a number of times out of San Pedro and never had any problems with embarkment or disembarkment. Miami is the port where we have had the worst experience. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

I would pick San Diego as I have had too many bad experiences with disembarkation at Long Beach over the years. They may be better on 'closed loop' sailings or improved their operations in recent years. Otherwise, I rate Los Angeles as the worst port I have disembarked anywhere in the world. I have no idea though is San Diego would be better. 

 

Ive have not had any issues with closed loop sailings from the Port of Los Angeles, San Diego not so functional with traffic flow. Galveston is the worst port I've sailed from hopefully the new terminal improves the experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

I guess San Pedro is where I have had all my troubles before then, that's right. That one had a Norwegian shopping village out in front, or? 

Long Beach is next to the Queen Mary museum. San Pedro is in the middle of the Container port and somehow under the bridge. However, San Diego is very nice and accessible, this would be my preferred option!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Saab4444 said:

Long Beach is next to the Queen Mary museum. San Pedro is in the middle of the Container port and somehow under the bridge. However, San Diego is very nice and accessible, this would be my preferred option!

Have they fixed the turning basin? I remember Mariner had to back all the way up the channel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

Have they fixed the turning basin? I remember Mariner had to back all the way up the channel.

 

I don't think it's any bigger than it was when Mariner was there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

As said before there is no ship for a Greenland/Iceland transatlantic because it needs to go from North Europe to the Northeast coast of North America in September latest. In October/November there is already ice in this area and it would not be fun or even possible to approach ports in Greenland and Iceland with a normal cruise ship this time of the year.

 

I have no problems with a northern TA in August.  🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

Have they fixed the turning basin? I remember Mariner had to back all the way up the channel.

 

They are going to build a new terminal in the outer harbor so no need to back up the main channel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I think it’s a filler for quantum of the seas.

There is also bookings for an unnamed ship.

 

At this stage late 2021 has Ovation,Voyager and unnamed ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bretts173 said:

There is also bookings for an unnamed ship.

 

At this stage late 2021 has Ovation,Voyager and unnamed ship.

 

Maybe Serenade coming back?  She will be finishing up her Alaska round trips out of Vancouver in September 2021. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wl2cruise said:

 

They are going to build a new terminal in the outer harbor so no need to back up the main channel. 

Thanks for that information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MADflyer said:

I guess it should be noted that Voyager of the Seas is currently scheduled for sailings from Sydney again from October of 2021 through April of 2022. 

 

Serenade is not booked back at Sydney yet for the 2021-22 season. 

Darwin has a Port Booking Voyager Of the Seas 16 October 2021. Sydney 24 October plus the 25 October indicating a short promo cruise for travel agents and media for a new ship. The Darwin to Sydney voyage doesn’t have a Brisbane booking but time for a Cairns and Airlie Beach stop indicating this isn’t a Quantum vessel. I am thinking Adventure or maybe Independence? 
The 2nd lot of port bookings enter Fremantle 25 October 2021. Adelaide 29 October,  Hobart 31 October and Sydney 2 November as the ‘Un named ship.” This will be Spectrum or Quantum. 
For Ovation to continue to Sydney from Seattle this would have to be done in one cruise or go via Mexico to have the 2nd one start in Honolulu. 
Royal has no port bookings for a around Australia cruise February 2022 giving me the impression Serenade isn’t going to Sydney. 
Radiance will probably return to Brisbane. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, springaussie said:


The 2nd lot of port bookings enter Fremantle 25 October 2021. Adelaide 29 October,  Hobart 31 October and Sydney 2 November as the ‘Un named ship.” This will be Spectrum or Quantum. 


 

With the only Asia sailings that Royal has confirmed being on the Spectrum of the Seas through June 2021 and with the arrival of Wonder at Shanghai, I was thinking Spectrum might head to Beijing for summer.

 

Quantum should be year round at Singapore in 2021-22 according to Asian sources. 

 

It could make sense for Spectrum to be refit and moved to Australia from November 2021. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, springaussie said:


The 2nd lot of port bookings enter Fremantle 25 October 2021. Adelaide 29 October,  Hobart 31 October and Sydney 2 November as the ‘Un named ship.” This will be Spectrum or Quantum. 
For Ovation to continue to Sydney from Seattle this would have to be done in one cruise or go via Mexico to have the 2nd one start in Honolulu. 


 

 

Ovation would start in Vancouver like they did this year

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bretts173 said:

There is also bookings for an unnamed ship.

 

At this stage late 2021 has Ovation,Voyager and unnamed ship.

With the  new Royal island , Lelepa and New Zealand being a smash hit I think their will be two Q class is Sydney.

one doing NZ north and south islands and the other doing NZ north island Noumea and Lelepa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, springaussie said:

Darwin has a Port Booking Voyager Of the Seas 16 October 2021. Sydney 24 October plus the 25 October indicating a short promo cruise for travel agents and media for a new ship. The Darwin to Sydney voyage doesn’t have a Brisbane booking but time for a Cairns and Airlie Beach stop indicating this isn’t a Quantum vessel. I am thinking Adventure or maybe Independence? 
The 2nd lot of port bookings enter Fremantle 25 October 2021. Adelaide 29 October,  Hobart 31 October and Sydney 2 November as the ‘Un named ship.” This will be Spectrum or Quantum. 
For Ovation to continue to Sydney from Seattle this would have to be done in one cruise or go via Mexico to have the 2nd one start in Honolulu. 
Royal has no port bookings for a around Australia cruise February 2022 giving me the impression Serenade isn’t going to Sydney. 
Radiance will probably return to Brisbane. 

 

Agree that the entry from Darwin suggests that this is not Voyager.  However, Royal does not have Sydney OPT booked on 25 Oct 2021.  This slot is held by Princess.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wl2cruise said:

 

Ive have not had any issues with closed loop sailings from the Port of Los Angeles, San Diego not so functional with traffic flow. Galveston is the worst port I've sailed from hopefully the new terminal improves the experience.

San Diego not so functional?  There is no port closer to an airport except maybe FLL?  Easy in, easy out with a bazillion hotels in downtown within a mile or 2.

 

Have you ever sailed away from San Diego compared to LA?  There is no comparison.  

 

Unfortunately (actually fortunately) San Diego doesn't have a population  of 12 million so LA is probably a better business decision. (but that's what the NFL Chargers thought too  and that has completely back fired on them, HAHA...)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, whitshel said:

San Diego not so functional?  There is no port closer to an airport except maybe FLL?  Easy in, easy out with a bazillion hotels in downtown within a mile or 2.

 

Have you ever sailed away from San Diego compared to LA?  There is no comparison.  

 

Unfortunately (actually fortunately) San Diego doesn't have a population  of 12 million so LA is probably a better business decision. (but that's what the NFL Chargers thought too  and that has completely back fired on them, HAHA...)

 

 

No its not easy in easy out and yes I've sailed out of San Diego several times. the traffic flow to the terminal and out of the terminal well lets just say its bad!! 

 

Now San Diego is 95 nautical miles south of LA and if you're sailing to Mexico every week and fuel being the highest cost of your business. Hey LA residents  2 hours south on the 5 freeway is a vacation of a lifetime!!

 

Now if nobody cared about Chargers when they where in San Diego why would they care about them if they moved to LA ? 🤔

Edited by wl2cruise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, whitshel said:

San Diego not so functional?  There is no port closer to an airport except maybe FLL?  Easy in, easy out with a bazillion hotels in downtown within a mile or 2.

 

Have you ever sailed away from San Diego compared to LA?  There is no comparison.  

 

Unfortunately (actually fortunately) San Diego doesn't have a population  of 12 million so LA is probably a better business decision. (but that's what the NFL Chargers thought too  and that has completely back fired on them, HAHA...)

 

 

Agree, San Diego I walked further from USS Midway to Airport 3-4 times myself. This was all before Airport Terminal was redone.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2019 at 1:11 PM, royzer76 said:

Tired of the drip drip cruise announcements.

 

Still no word on Indy or Explorer?

 

Still no Westbound TA on Odyssey?

 

Why don't they just release everything in one go?

 

 

I had a TA on FB tell me he has a group of 40 balconies on an Odyssey October 2020 TA

 

Just sharing😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2019 at 10:25 PM, springaussie said:

Hawaii Ports

Voyager of the Seas 
21 June 2021 1000 to 22 June 2022 1800. 
Honolulu. 

 

This post has been quoted around 4 times. 

Looks like it reads she's not leaving Honolulu for an entire year🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

 

This post has been quoted around 4 times. 

Looks like it reads she's not leaving Honolulu for an entire year🤔

Gonna compete with NCL POA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...