taxi costs?

Readytogokjs

Thinking of taking a taxi for 4 from Barcelona Port to La Sagrada Familia (have purchased tickets on-line).  Any idea of the cost for Taxi? 

I believe I read somewhere Taxi's line up at the Columbus Monument.  Does Viking have shuttle service to the Monument?

Do drivers speak English or do I need to brush up on the Spanish?

We may use a Taxi to a few other locations so all tips and advice are appreciated.  

If Viking docks at the World Trade Center terminal, then it's about a 5 min walk to the Columbus Monument. But, I thought I saw taxis closer to the terminal when we were there in June.

Taxis are available at the various cruise ship terminals. We recently used taxis from Terminal C where the Star docked. I would estimate 30 – 40 € from there to La Sagrada Familia. Our drivers knew little or no English. Best to have your destination written on a card for them. Yes there were shuttles to near the Columbus Monument.

19 hours ago, lextrvlr said:

Taxis are available at the various cruise ship terminals. We recently used taxis from Terminal C where the Star docked. I would estimate 30 – 40 € from there to La Sagrada Familia. Our drivers knew little or no English. Best to have your destination written on a card for them. Yes there were shuttles to near the Columbus Monument.

We took the shuttle to the World Trade Center got off, walked and flagged a cab out on the main drag (although there is taxi stand right there if you walk towards the hotel and not towards the city). The cost from there was under 20€.

It will be more than that if you take a cab from the port. First, it is a longer ride and second there is a premium for cabs within the port.

The shuttle stop is on the esplanade in front of the World Trade Center and a five minute walk to the Colon (Columbus) statue. Viking sets up a couple of banners to mark the loading/unloading point and there is always a Viking crew member  there to help.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/30/2019 at 1:41 PM, Readytogokjs said:

Thinking of taking a taxi for 4 from Barcelona Port to La Sagrada Familia (have purchased tickets on-line).  Any idea of the cost for Taxi? 

I believe I read somewhere Taxi's line up at the Columbus Monument.  Does Viking have shuttle service to the Monument?

We may use a Taxi to a few other locations so all tips and advice are appreciated.  

On 7/30/2019 at 1:41 PM, Readytogokjs said:

We used Viator tours for the day and they pick you up at your hotel and bring you back....can book 1/2 day or full day.

• 2 weeks later...