Starbucks on the Getaway

Redsky5292

If you have the Starbucks app you can use it to buy beverages from Starbucks when on board the ship. You need to be sure you have a decent amount of money on the app as you can’t use any rewards or stars when on board. We used my Starbucks app when we were on the Getaway a week and a half ago with no issues. If you don’t have the WiFi package the dollar amount won’t update on the app but the register will be able to tell how much you have left. 

Edited by Redsky5292
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Redsky5292 said:

If you have the Starbucks app you can use it to buy beverages from Starbucks when on board the ship. You need to be sure you have a decent amount of money on the app as you can’t use any rewards or stars when on board. We used my Starbucks app when we were on the Getaway a week and a half ago with no issues. If you don’t have the WiFi package the dollar amount won’t update on the app but the register will be able to tell how much you have left. 

Interesting that it will allow sales without a live connection.......  that opens up the idea to take a screen shot of the QR code thing, text it to people prior to departure and let them use it on the ship.  Great way to rack up reward points too. 

1 hour ago, esm54687 said:

Interesting that it will allow sales without a live connection.......  that opens up the idea to take a screen shot of the QR code thing, text it to people prior to departure and let them use it on the ship.  Great way to rack up reward points too. 

You never need an internet connection because the till scans the barcode and checks your live balance on their system.

Edited by ziggyuk

Used my starbucks app on the Bliss just fine. I loaded $150. on it before we left and then checked the balance when we were in port where there was free wifi. (and also tipped the guys at the end of the cruise too, they knew me well by that time.)

19 hours ago, Pauser said:

They did not let us use our app on the Jade in March. Told us they were an independent affiliate franchise. 

On the joy, bliss, getaway, encore and probably on the escape after its dry dock, they have actual Starbucks shops, so you can use the app...all the other shops just serve Starbucks coffee in the atrium cafe so you can't use the app there

Edited by mkerewski
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, mkerewski said:

On the joy, bliss, getaway, encore and probably on the escape after its dry dock, they have actual Starbucks shops, so you can use the app...all the other shops just serve Starbucks coffee in the atrium cafe so you can't use the app there

Thanks! We're on the Getaway in February, so that will work out well. And you're right - the Jade serves Starbucks in the atrium cafe. 

5 hours ago, fastpitchdad said:

Is Starbucks the only option on these ships? I absolutely refuse to give Howard Schultz a single cent of my money for what he did to the Sonics. 

You can get coffee in other places all over the ship. 

• Like 1

On 8/1/2019 at 10:11 AM, fastpitchdad said:

Is Starbucks the only option on these ships? I absolutely refuse to give Howard Schultz a single cent of my money for what he did to the Sonics. 

Not b/c of the Sonics - but Starbucks is my last resort & only if I'm desperate & there are no other options...

I'll happily drink the ships coffee, for the time I'm on-board 🙂

26 minutes ago, Von & John said:

Not b/c of the Sonics - but Starbucks is my last resort & only if I'm desperate & there are no other options...

26 minutes ago, Von & John said:

I’m not a big coffee drinker but I thought the free coffee was awful 🙈

• Thanks 1