Cruise Critic Community

Does anyone have experience with a "Simply Hotel" in Ft. Lauderdale?  I have visions of Holiday Inn Express rather than the Ritz-Carlton.  This is included with our Jan. Grand Voyage but it doesn't sound so Grand.  A previous GV included the Ritz-Carlton but apparently there are now cut-backs.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, nowornever said:

Does anyone have experience with a "Simply Hotel" in Ft. Lauderdale?  I have visions of Holiday Inn Express rather than the Ritz-Carlton.  This is included with our Jan. Grand Voyage but it doesn't sound so Grand.  A previous GV included the Ritz-Carlton but apparently there are now cut-backs.  

Are you on the full Grand Voyage?  The website (and other information) suggest that the included pre-voyage hotel night for guests on the full GV will be at Biltmore Coral Gabels hotel.  That's a classic 5* hotel, not shabby.  And certainly not Holiday Inn Express.

Edited by Observer

Posted (edited)

Observer, would you mind telling me where/how you found that because it's not available on my website or through our travel agent?  Are you in the UK in which case the website might be different.  The hotel looks quite nice but Coral Gables is pretty far away (not as the crow flies but traffic wise)  from Ft. Lauderdale so that seems a little odd.  Yes, we are on the full GV.  

Edited by nowornever
snarky

29 minutes ago, nowornever said:

Observer, would you mind telling me where/how you found that because it's not available on my website or through our travel agent?  Are you in the UK in which case the website might be different.  The hotel looks quite nice but Coral Gables is pretty far away (not as the crow flies but traffic wise)  from Ft. Lauderdale so that seems a little odd.  Yes, we are on the full GV.  

Try using this link, and then scrolling down to "Benefits"

https://www.silversea.com/destinations/grand-voyages-cruise/grand-voyage-2020-south-america.html#menu-cruise2018suites

I have stayed several times at the Biltmore, and it is a fine old hotel.

SS will doubtless provide transport to Shadow from the hotel.  I would imagine that a number of guests will be flying into MIA rather than FLL (esp. if they are coming from overseas).  Though I am US-based, for various reasons I always use MIA for Port Everglades departures.  

Enjoy your (apparently sold-out!) cruise on a refreshed Shadow.

Thanks so much for the info.  The hotel was not listed there a week ago - it pays to check back, doesn't it?  Now the post night offer has disappeared, probably because it's sold out, but it's on our "contract".  Just hope it's not the same hotel  as we fly out of FLL early the following morning - excellent non stop flight to SEA.  (I know, real first world problem!)  Yes, totally looking forward to seeing the Muse-ification of the Shadow.  Again, thank you Observer!