Cruise Critic Community
Mercury

Restaurant reservations

I have made restaurant reservations at both Specialty restaurants and Taste/Savor/Tropicana

Do those with reservations still need to join the queue for the majority who line up without reserving a particular time?

Or do they have a separate "fast track" line for those with reservations?

each restaurant has a check in desk in front of the restaurant. i never seen any long queue to be checked in. If there is, it is quick process that moves fast

17 minutes ago, shof515 said:

each restaurant has a check in desk in front of the restaurant. i never seen any long queue to be checked in. If there is, it is quick process that moves fast

to add.... if there is a queue, most of the restaurants will ask for those who have reservations to step forward.

It's as effecient as a land based restaurant 

I can see this is the case at the Specialty restaurants but what about Taste/Tropicana where the queues can get very long at peak times? 

14 minutes ago, Mercury said:

I can see this is the case at the Specialty restaurants but what about Taste/Tropicana where the queues can get very long at peak times? 

they have two check in desk and it is a quick process. i never seen a long queues for the MDR.

I see long queues for the MDR all the time on the Dawn. All the way up the staircase and down the hallway. I have never seen any of the hostesses ask if anyone in line has a reservation.

Posted (edited)

I have, on the Dawn. 

Go to the podium and ask if they want those with reservations to step forward.

If you'll be on time for your reservation  even with the queue, I would not stress about waiting, it's a Freestyle Vacation.

Edited by Nola26

On the 'Away class there are sometimes long queues at opening time (5PM) and the last few times we were on Get/BreakAway at the MDR they shunted pax with reservations to one side of the long aisle that leads into the MDR & the rest to the other side.  Most of the reservations were parties of 4 or more (one family had 25!!! 😮) so that made sense as those tables require extra prep time by the wait staff.

At Taste/Savor they will sometimes separate those with reservations to one side of the check-in desk & those without to the other side.  Same deal there; those with reservations were usually parties of 4 or more.

Specialty restaurants require reservations, I believe, so it's all one line.  Can you just "walk-up" to a specialty restaurant w/o a reservation & get in?  We've never tried but based on this discussion I'm now wondering if you can...🙄

We almost always eat early (5-530PM so I cannot speak to wait times at peak hours.