Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
croozen

11day Panama cruise in March, any children ??

We are booked on the Zuiderdam for 11day Panama cruise March 14-27th. We have a will be then 11 year old.

Have heard anecdotally there are less children on longer cruises. Any experiences or estimates as to how many kids were on board that itinerary in the past  if you sailed it? Even a handful of kids is fine, just don’t want him to be the only one at Club Hal. 

We took the exact same cruise last year and I honestly don't recall noticing any children.

We did that very cruise 4 years ago with our 8 grandchildren and I believe the total number of children was around 30.  It's spring break time so there are bound to be children.  I know the two young teens met other young teens.  And there were others in Club Hal with the younger ones.

Ruth

We have also done your cruise at that time of the year.  Had only about 6 children on board.

Not all schools have spring break at the same time and some don't have spring break.

We did the 10-night Zuiderdam a couple years ago and there were children on board, but not many.  

3 hours ago, croozen said:

Even a handful of kids is fine, just don’t want him to be the only one at Club Hal. 

We've done 20 HAL cruises at various times of the year and I don't believe there were any without at least a handful of kids.  I believe it's because so many kids are home-schooled these days.

For the two family cruises I phoned HAL to check on numbers of kids.  Can't for the life of me remember what department.  But of course we'd already paid in full.

I'm sure one of the more knowledgeable CC members will give you a phone number suggestion.

Ruth

Yes I have called before and checked in on numbers,  sometimes they give me a run around about privacy ?! (How personal information is being disclosed with age ranges and numbers is beyond me) anyway, I will wait until closer to the date to do that. Thank you all for your input.