Cruise Critic Community
kruise runner

Choosing our next cruise for Feb 2021

Posted (edited)

Since  we have sailed on the former Carnival Victory , our first cruise with Carnival. We have chosen two Carnival ships for our next cruise. We have done other cruiselines. and decided to try Carnival again.  Our choice in cruising  is time frame. So we have chosen the Carnival Radiance  Port  Canaveral or Carnival Horizon  Miami  both Southern Caribbean ports eight days  . DW would like to see the Carnival Radiance again, just for all the changes . Since we  sailed on her second  voyage. I'am leaning toward the Horizon  . Open for opinions . Thanks in advance. Happy Cruising.😉

kruise kat , kruise runner

Edited by kruise runner

25 minutes ago, kruise runner said:

Since  we have sailed on the former Carnival Victory , our first cruise with Carnival. We have chosen two Carnival ships for our next cruise. We have done other cruiselines. and decided to try Carnival again.  Our choice in cruising  is time frame. So we have chosen the Carnival Radiance  Port  Canaveral or Carnival Horizon  Miami  both Southern Caribbean ports eight days  . DW would like to see the Carnival Radiance again, just for all the changes . Since we  sailed on her second  voyage. I'am leaning toward the Horizon  . Open for opinions . Thanks in advance. Happy Cruising.😉

kruise kat , kruise runner

Tough one! Both are excellent ships, with excellent, diversified options. Are they the exact same ports in the Southern Caribbean? Have you sailed out of Miami before? Since you are flying in from Ontario, I presume, how much will airfare cost to both ports. How much will transportation cost go get to Port Canaveral which is approximately 45 miles from MCO. Are you interested in trying "Big Chicken" or JiJi's Asian Kitchen"? Take a look at this comparison between both cruise ships, to see which ship interests you the most. This is a really tough decision as I've been on Horizon, but would love to sail out of Miami again. Likewise, I've been to Port Canaveral, but would love to sail on Radiance!

From the two ships you listed, I would pick Horizon. I am not a big fan of Vista class ships, but Sunshine is my least favorite of 11 Carnival ships I have been on. Radiance will at least be similar to Sunshine, although there will be some significant differences between the ships. 

Personally if I was looking at cruising out of Port Canaveral in February 2021, I would book a cruise on Mardi Gras. But if going on a cruise to the Southern Caribbean is important to you, or you want to do an 8 day cruise instead of 7 days, this may not be an option. 

I prefer Miami Port and the Horizion ship over the alternatives.   That said, I'm more of a Port of Call guy so I'd rather go to really interesting places than be on a slightly better ship.  My wife, however, loves sea days and likes the ships more than I. 

im sure either option will be a blast for you, however. 

If the Horizon route is the one that includes the ABC islands, pick that one.  I'm booked on it, so I know there is one in February 2021.  It's relatively rare that Carnival does all 3 of the ABC islands- there are more routes with just Aruba and Curacao

Posted (edited)

Neither. Do the Breeze with me. 

Seriously though I would go with the newer ship, Horizon. I did like Vista so I would probably like Horizon. I'm not really excited about a modified Triumph/Victory.

Edited by Saint Greg

I agree with @purplephenom my DH & I are booked on the Horizon in Feb 2021 to the ABC Islands.  These are all totally new islands for us and a totally new ship.  We are booked in a Havana Cabana

Posted (edited)

We're booked on the Horizon for the ABC cruise!  We loved the Vista and Havana area, so really looking forward to the Horizon!

Edited by soccersharon