Move up offer

EmsMom

We just had a move up offer from our Concierge level cabin on our 12 night Infinity cruise.  I checked the prices that are currently offered and it's interesting that the Veranda cabin is now more expensive than a Concierge cabin on their website.  Our original price was lower than what is shown on the website and came with $375 Onboard Credit, Prepaid Gratuities and Beverage Package for Two.  Now the minimum upgrade offer is $150pp for Aqua Class and $1000pp for a Sky Suite.  When I look on the Celebrity Website the Aqua Class is $500 more than a Concierge and the Sky Suite is $1000 more than a Concierge.   I'm trying to decide if either of these is a good deal.....Do they ever come down in price on the move up offers?

10 minutes ago, EmsMom said:

We just had a move up offer from our Concierge level cabin on our 12 night Infinity cruise.  I checked the prices that are currently offered and it's interesting that the Veranda cabin is now more expensive than a Concierge cabin on their website.  Our original price was lower than what is shown on the website and came with $375 Onboard Credit, Prepaid Gratuities and Beverage Package for Two.  Now the minimum upgrade offer is $150pp for Aqua Class and $1000pp for a Sky Suite.  When I look on the Celebrity Website the Aqua Class is $500 more than a Concierge and the Sky Suite is $1000 more than a Concierge.   I'm trying to decide if either of these is a good deal.....Do they ever come down in price on the move up offers?

You have done the important thing.  You know your pricing.  The Move Up offers can be but are not always a good deal.  Another thing to know is that you will not have a choice of cabin if your move up offer is accepted.  Many of the AQ cabins on the Infinity are under the pool area.  And you would not get the captains club points for moving to a suite, for example.  Your perks do go with you.

And, yes, the move up offers have been known to drop if they are not producing the desired results.

That'a a really good point about not being able to choose the locatioin of the cabin on a move up offer.  I noticed that some of the Celebrity Suites look like they are also under the pool or grill area.  We had a Celebrity Suite on our last Celebrity Cruise and it was a disaster because it was under a grill with furniture (or carts)  being moved throughout the day and night.  Celebrity gave us a credit to use on a future cruise because of the unresolved noise issue which is why we are on this cruise so we can use our credit.  The move up to the Celebrity Suite is $1300 which is the best value but we might be under the pool area.

We either book it straight or don't book it at all.

Our experience is that if you pick the right time, and get the right TA, you can upgrade for less than what the Move Up offer finally ends up going for because of silly bidding.  We've done this 3 times (including yesterday).

Also, as mentioned before, you have no choice of cabin.  With some of the awful suite locations on =X= ships, no way we would take that chance.

1 hour ago, ECCruise said:

We either book it straight or don't book it at all.

Our experience is that if you pick the right time, and get the right TA, you can upgrade for less than what the Move Up offer finally ends up going for because of silly bidding.  We've done this 3 times (including yesterday).

Also, as mentioned before, you have no choice of cabin.  With some of the awful suite locations on =X= ships, no way we would take that chance.

Thanks for the suggestion to check with our TA.  I'm checking with her to see what she can do.   We are happy enough with the Concierge cabin but if we could upgrade for a good deal in a good location we would probably do it.

Some "big box" stores aren't eligible for the move up offer.  So best to check before you book.  I am waiting to see if our move up offer will be accepted.  Our sailing is in about 1 week- haven't heard anything and because it seems the ship is booked and it is a large suite, we probably will not get.  This wait is making me so anxious!  I am ambivalent, as we have a beautiful handpicked suite, but still feeling anxious!  

I should just be happy with my suite and save the money!  Anybody hear about a move up the week before or a few days before the cruise?  

Thanks

Edited by Cruise a holic

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Some "big box" stores aren't eligible for the move up offer.  So best to check before you book.  I am waiting to see if our move up offer will be accepted.  Our sailing is in about 1 week- haven't heard anything and because it seems the ship is booked and it is a large suite, we probably will not get.  This wait is making me so anxious!  I am ambivalent, as we have a beautiful handpicked suite, but still feeling anxious!  

I should just be happy with my suite and save the money!  Anybody hear about a move up the week before or a few days before the cruise?  

Thanks

For our recent cruise we did not get our notification until 2 days before sailing (all rejected). However, based on what you have in hand you win either way.

3 hours ago, aml3679 said:

Do you ever get a move up offer if you book through a TA?

Yes, we recently got a MoveUp offer & we’re booked with a TA. Offer came straight from Celebrity. You have to be signed up to receive emails from Celebrity 

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

Yes, we recently got a MoveUp offer & we’re booked with a TA. Offer came straight from Celebrity. You have to be signed up to receive emails from Celebrity 

Not true.  All you have to do is go to the celebrity website if you do not get an offer, top left hit the lines, follow prompts for already booked- Move up .  You will be asked your name and reservation #.  Should do about 30 days before the cruise and you will see what you are eligible for and you can follow the instructions.  Have done it a few times- with success- not TA

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I always book with a TA and I get move-up offers.  Can't say that I'm impressed with most of them.  You need to know your pricing.

So true!  I bid for a cruise next week via the Move Up program .  Honestly I have such anxiety that I am ready to remove the bid.  I am trying to remind myself we have a beautiful suite now that we picked out-   Why such anxiety?  Anybody else experience this phenomenon!!!  So crazy!

So my bid was accepted from inside to IV.  I am grateful, however, they gave me cabin 6255 which is 50% obstructed?? I requested to be moved but as we all know, that is a NO.

We have another move up that is still waiting to be filled. If we are going to get the same obstructed cabin, might as well cancel.

We tried to do it, our TA tried, they said they cannot cancel!!

WHY NOT? WE HAVE NOT PAID FOR IT YET AND THEY HAVE NOT ACCEPTED IT YET!

Does anybody know of a number we can call to cancel an existing request? HELP!

3 minutes ago, Jesseslola said:

So my bid was accepted from inside to IV.  I am grateful, however, they gave me cabin 6255 which is 50% obstructed?? I requested to be moved but as we all know, that is a NO.

We have another move up that is still waiting to be filled. If we are going to get the same obstructed cabin, might as well cancel.

I was able to cancel my bid online using the link that was sent for bidding.

8 minutes ago, Jesseslola said:

Once you are accepted to a cabin, your other bid is no longer valid.  I am sure the cabin will be great- probably life boats causing a partial obstruction.  But so much better then an inside cabin!  Enjoy.  They will or have deducted the amount from your credit card.  It is automatic.

1 hour ago, Jesseslola said:

Our move-up bid was accepted and charged to our credit card before we received the email saying it had been accepted (same day). I think the rules say that once the move-up is accepted you pay for it. No cancellation without risk of losing your money.

Your TA is not involved in the MoveUp process.  If you have an open bid there is a link in the email which was sent to you to confirm the original bid which can be used to modify/cancel the bid.  If you had bid on multiple categories and you had one category accepted that's it, you won't be Moved Up a second time.  If your other bid is on another cruise (B2B maybe) then it could be canceled.

People have to understand that this program is used to move the unsold cabins so some of them my be undesirable.  Others may be very good if the cabin you are assigned was possibly a primo cabin vacated by someone else who Moved Up higher.   It's all the luck of the draw.  Like booking a GTY you have to be happy with the worst cabin in the category as that may be what you get.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hiccups said:

Correct.  The poster said they have another bid out there.

1 hour ago, hiccups said:

Correct.  The poster said they have another bid out there.

Once they accept one bid in a specific category, other bids are null and void. I received a weird email from move up today.  We bid on a penthouse.  Instead of a yes or no I got a response stating that move up would share my request with the ship and they would let me know onboard. We never got a response like this before. 

13 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Once they accept one bid in a specific category, other bids are null and void. I received a weird email from move up today.  We bid on a penthouse.  Instead of a yes or no I got a response stating that move up would share my request with the ship and they would let me know onboard. We never got a response like this before. 

Probably because the requested category is fully booked, and they might be able to eventually fulfill it with no-shows at the pier.