Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

I can clearly see from the website https://www.etanewzealand.com/ that I need an eTA for my February 2020 New Zealand cruise departing from Brisbane. That website also says that the application program will be ready to roll in July 2019. Today is the last day of July and there still doe snot appear to be any active form available on that website no matter how much I click around.

 

Am I missing something?

 

I got our Australian eTA quick and easy but I am reluctant to buy air tickets etc until I have that New Zealand eTA in hand! 

 

Has anybody else found a live eTA site for New Zealand yet?

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The website says coming soon. Register to get notifications and hopefully they will let us all know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jonibme said:

I can clearly see from the website https://www.etanewzealand.com/ that I need an eTA for my February 2020 New Zealand cruise departing from Brisbane. That website also says that the application program will be ready to roll in July 2019. Today is the last day of July and there still doe snot appear to be any active form available on that website no matter how much I click around.

 

Am I missing something?

 

I got our Australian eTA quick and easy but I am reluctant to buy air tickets etc until I have that New Zealand eTA in hand! 

 

Has anybody else found a live eTA site for New Zealand yet?

 

Thanks!

 I have just looked at the website from the link you provided. It is certainly not live yet. I would do as Boop Tennis suggested above and register for notifications. This link is the registration form -

 

 https://customer.immigration.govt.nz/forms/5fk2h306k10ncbyc13cd4yx1680dcxwf7h15vw20rx50knvd631vpmmq5d7j?_ga=2.227149077.962869427.1560810807-1001311456.1548702231

 

Leigh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, possum52 said:

 I have just looked at the website from the link you provided. It is certainly not live yet. I would do as Boop Tennis suggested above and register for notifications. This link is the registration form -

 

 https://customer.immigration.govt.nz/forms/5fk2h306k10ncbyc13cd4yx1680dcxwf7h15vw20rx50knvd631vpmmq5d7j?_ga=2.227149077.962869427.1560810807-1001311456.1548702231

 

Leigh

Thanks for the link for ETA notification. Very quick and simple. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We registered on their website, to be notified, a few weeks ago. August 1st and no notifications sent to us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We did the same.  Australian ETA was immediate.  I'm sure NZ will alert us when they are operational.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is now live.

 

I am starting a new thread on this to highlight that it is live and what they call it.

 

Keith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new thread which I have started can be found at:

 

It includes the link for the new on-line NZeTA.

 

Keith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got my email notification from the NZeTA today, August 6.  But I went on their website August 4 and was able to fill out the online applications and we got our approvals within an hour.  Very simple to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please be ready when using the app that the picture happens very fast. I never laughed so hard after seeing  the pictures it took !  When you do it online there is no picture. Do they take one when you get there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2019 at 11:36 AM, cruising sister said:

Please be ready when using the app that the picture happens very fast. I never laughed so hard after seeing  the pictures it took !  When you do it online there is no picture. Do they take one when you get there?

Thank you for the warning!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's online now, but I'm waiting to do mine.  Thanks for the warning on the picture!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It took me less than 10 minutes to do both my application online and my husband's and we had our approvals in less than 15 minutes. Completely painless.

 

Joni

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want to confirm that if you use the website, no picture is required but if you do it on the app, it takes a picture?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, we applied online and we were both issued our ETAs within 60 seconds. Fast and easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, you don't need a photo using the regular website.

 

I do understand from someone that the ETA fee is cheaper using the App but I used the website.

 


Keith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, it is 3NZ dollars less to apply on the app., applying on website was so fast and easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...