DASHSALE, EASYFARE, LATREW* and LATVIP

mertziek

I realize they are promo codes.  Was hoping someone familiar with NCL would be able to explain the different promos and what they represent on a booking.

Edited by mertziek

LATVIP is the current 20% off sale for Latitudes members on certain cruises, ending tonight.

LATREW*  is explained right on the NCL booking confirmation: "*LATREW promo code, is automatically applied to Latitude members’ reservations. This code gives Latitude members their specific tier level discounts/benefits onboard. This promo code does not provide any Latitude points."  

47 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

LATVIP is the current 20% off sale for Latitudes members on certain cruises, ending tonight.

LATREW*  is explained right on the NCL booking confirmation: "*LATREW promo code, is automatically applied to Latitude members’ reservations. This code gives Latitude members their specific tier level discounts/benefits onboard. This promo code does not provide any Latitude points."  

I read about LATREW, and was not sure if it means you don't get extra points, or you don't get ANY points.  Do you know?  I just booked at 30 day cruise and that would have made me platinum plus, but only if they count.  

1 hour ago, Level six said:

I read about LATREW, and was not sure if it means you don't get extra points, or you don't get ANY points.  Do you know?  I just booked at 30 day cruise and that would have made me platinum plus, but only if they count.  

LATREW has no bearing on points.  It does not award extra points, nor does it prevent you from earning points.  It is simply there so you receive the benefits of your respective tier once onboard.

1 hour ago, Level six said:

Just going by the explanation on the booking confirmation, I would conclude that it has nothing to do with points.  To me, it merely identifies you as a Latitudes member and says you get whatever on-board benefits to which your Latitudes tier entitles you.  

You get one point per night of every cruise taken - this is automatically from cruise day (ah er night) one.

If in a suite or Haven you get one additional point per cruise night - this too should be automatic but if

you got your upgrade to the deluxe cabin from a non-suite NCL may not be so generous to apply it.

If you book a Past Guest - Insider Offer you should get one more additional point per cruise night.

I have waited and not seen the specific CODE for that - Readers - - - - - ?

Maximum is three points per cruise night in any event !

19 minutes ago, mertziek said:

Hmmmm.....how do you get that?  Just curious.

I'm honestly not sure how we keep getting it -- we've had it on several sailings. 

I think initially it was given to us because we had a complaint and my husband wrote to corporate. It was supposed to be valid for one sailing, but it has shown up on later sailings as well (we haven't had any other reasons to complain), but not all of them. I think our PCC does some digging to see what is available, so maybe that's why this sometimes shows up on sailings for us. 

You get one point per night of every cruise taken - this is automatically from cruise day (ah er night) one.

I've been on 4 cruises with NCL, and I got double points on 2 of them (which is why I'm already silver). Of the others, 1 was a 2-day channel hop, so we were just lucky they fed us, and the other was the Star Trek charter cruise, which offered no rewards, points, or anything else (boo).

On my first cruise, they gave me double points, and I knew that upfront. But on the second, I don't recall it being written anywhere. The codes on that cruise were CHOBEV, DASHSALE, DINMEAL, DISTINCT, EASYFARE, and LATITUDE. I think the "DISTINCT" is what gave me double, but it wasn't explicitly stated anywhere that I saw. Maybe I just missed it.

My next one is 16 days, and while I don't seem to have a code that would suggest double points, I'd love to be pleasantly surprised like I was last time (wink wink, NCL) because 32 points would be a huge boost. I mean hey, a bottle of water, woot. 🙂

4 hours ago, squick64 said:

I've been on 4 cruises with NCL, and I got double points on 2 of them (which is why I'm already silver). Of the others, 1 was a 2-day channel hop, so we were just lucky they fed us, and the other was the Star Trek charter cruise, which offered no rewards, points, or anything else (boo).

On my first cruise, they gave me double points, and I knew that upfront. But on the second, I don't recall it being written anywhere. The codes on that cruise were CHOBEV, DASHSALE, DINMEAL, DISTINCT, EASYFARE, and LATITUDE. I think the "DISTINCT" is what gave me double, but it wasn't explicitly stated anywhere that I saw. Maybe I just missed it.

My next one is 16 days, and while I don't seem to have a code that would suggest double points, I'd love to be pleasantly surprised like I was last time (wink wink, NCL) because 32 points would be a huge boost. I mean hey, a bottle of water, woot. 🙂

LATITUDE is what gave you the extra point per night. DISTINCT is the promo code for Distinctive Voyages which gives you a $50 per port shore excursion credit, 250 minutes internet and phone calls from your cabin phone to anywhere in the world (I forget how many minutes). 

We recently canceled and rebooked our Panama Canal cruise and we lost our DISTINCT promo but saved 20% on our fare (which had already gone down 400.00. The number of ship to shore minutes is 120.

And yes if you get upgraded to a suite you do not get double points - they are only for full fare bookings.