Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
rcandkc

Navigator 601 penthouse a?

Recommended Posts

I know in the bow so more movement...but I think different floorplan...can’t find any info.  Nothing on the room critique site.  Anyone have information?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our friends stayed in this cabin.  We spent a lot of time there.  The balcony is good when you are moving because it has a metal part of the ship which blocks the wind.  They heard the anchor and used it as a wake up call.  The cabin was twice the size of our cabin.  The cabin next door can adjoin it.  They put a chest from the closet in front of the door.  No window in the bedroom area.  Bathroom identical to ours.  A pole in the middle of the living area.  They liked it so much they booked it for a 89 day cruise.  Floor plan - Walk in the door to a hall.  Then living area.  Closet and bathroom were both off the bedroom area.  

 

Our cabin - walk in the first door to bathroom; next to closet.  Their bathroom and closet were in the same area but the doors were off the bedroom which is why it is like a hall when you walk in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm actually we prefer closet and bath not right near bed...I sleep later than husband that is getting dressed, etc in AM. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a strange suite that used to be a lower category.  We booked it once but accepted an upset so did not stay in it.  The one thing that I didn't like (based on reviews and photos) is the post in the middle of the room (actually, it is rather close to the bathroom).

 

If you do decide to stay in that suite, please post and let us know what you think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We just booked suite 600 which appears to be the ocean view version of 601. So far no luck in finding pics or video of this cabin. Having a hard time getting a visual image in my head of the layout so am soaking up all info about these cabins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was in 601 (maybe 20 years ago?) and at that time, except for the silly 'pole', the suite was a bit larger than the standard suite. I do remember spending some time trying to figure out the purpose of pole.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bebop bonnie said:

Was in 601 (maybe 20 years ago?) and at that time, except for the silly 'pole', the suite was a bit larger than the standard suite. I do remember spending some time trying to figure out the purpose of pole.....

Possibly for dancing 😉, just joking, it does sound odd though.  

Ive always wondered about the posts in the Mariner Penthouse suites next to the bed and behind the sofa? Some rooms have that and some don’t?   Jean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well...601 Navigator taken.  We are usually on 9 forward of elevators or 10.  We waited too late and have 633.  One of the last cabins except for grand suite.  We aren’t good waitlist people and just see if we are going.  I’m a planner.  I know some benefits of deck 6 ( we have been on Navigator 6 times) but what are the risks?  I know we are by stairs.  Any first hand experience?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rcandkc said:

Well...601 Navigator taken.  We are usually on 9 forward of elevators or 10.  We waited too late and have 633.  One of the last cabins except for grand suite.  We aren’t good waitlist people and just see if we are going.  I’m a planner.  I know some benefits of deck 6 ( we have been on Navigator 6 times) but what are the risks?  I know we are by stairs.  Any first hand experience?

601 is by the crew stairwell, not a passenger stair. Your butler uses that stairway to access his pantry. On one of my longer cruises (88 day Discovery 2008) our best friends were in 601 so I was in this suite a lot.

 

The layout is nice with the living area separated from the bed. Good for entertaining.

 

The balcony is large, but a weird configuration with a solid wall that really cut down the ocean view. Because of the curve of the bow, the balcony in 601 is set back and the roof is farther out than the deck. You rarely get any sun, except early morning or evening or sometime none, depending which direction the ship is traveling.

 

As others have noted, you WILL hear the anchor being dropped as the anchor chains is loosed and payed out. It is loud. Doesn't last for too long often, but sometimes when the ship has to pay it out a long distance you will hear each chain link clump over the side. This used to be a regular suite, then it was bumped to concierge level and now a butler. When it was just sold as a regular suite it was in very high demand you the "regulars" because of the extra size. (600 was too but not as much as 601 because of the balcony.)

 

I will look arounf again to see if I have photos.

 

 

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JMARINER said:

601 is by the crew stairwell, not a passenger stair. Your butler uses that stairway to access his pantry. On one of my longer cruises (88 day Discovery 2008) our best friends were in 601 so I was in this suite a lot.

 

The layout is nice with the living area separated from the bed. Good for entertaining.

 

The balcony is large, but a weird configuration with a solid wall that really cut down the ocean view. Because of the curve of the bow, the balcony in 601 is set back and the roof is farther out than the deck. You rarely get any sun, except early morning or evening or sometime none, depending which direction the ship is traveling.

 

As others have noted, you WILL hear the anchor being dropped as the anchor chains is loosed and payed out. It is loud. Doesn't last for too long often, but sometimes when the ship has to pay it out a long distance you will hear each chain link clump over the side. This used to be a regular suite, then it was bumped to concierge level and now a butler. When it was just sold as a regular suite it was in very high demand you the "regulars" because of the extra size. (600 was too but not as much as 601 because of the balcony.)

 

I will look arounf again to see if I have photos.

 

 

J

Any 633 knowledge since that is where are on hold?  Deck 6 is great location but we would be near stairs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When the anchor goes down, you definitely cannot sleep through it.  While we have not been in that particular suite, we have been in a forward suite on Navigator and are not fans of the noise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

When the anchor goes down, you definitely cannot sleep through it.  While we have not been in that particular suite, we have been in a forward suite on Navigator and are not fans of the noise.

We have been on Navigator 6 times all forward of front elevator.  Our only available suite 633 is far from anchor.  I think you were answering about 601 that was not even available by the time we booked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, rcandkc said:

We have been on Navigator 6 times all forward of front elevator.  Our only available suite 633 is far from anchor.  I think you were answering about 601 that was not even available by the time we booked. 

 

Yes, I was posting about 601!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rcandkc said:

Well...601 Navigator taken.  We are usually on 9 forward of elevators or 10.  We waited too late and have 633.  One of the last cabins except for grand suite.  We aren’t good waitlist people and just see if we are going.  I’m a planner.  I know some benefits of deck 6 ( we have been on Navigator 6 times) but what are the risks?  I know we are by stairs.  Any first hand experience?

 

My only Regent cruise was on the Navigator, I'm pretty sure we were in 629.  Which is not 633, but close.  I didn't notice any issues with noise or anything like that.  Granted, it was 4 years ago and my only Regent cruise, so I don't remember negatives, only positives!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is 633 the last cabin on that side of the hall?  If so, there are World Cruisers who book that cabin every year so it can't be bad.  Our only negative with Deck 6 is when you tender.  People are lined up to get off the ship and will not break the line so you can get to your cabin or to go to the lounge to pick up your tickets.  They think you want to cut in line for the tender.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HotRoot said:

Is 633 the last cabin on that side of the hall?  If so, there are World Cruisers who book that cabin every year so it can't be bad.  Our only negative with Deck 6 is when you tender.  People are lined up to get off the ship and will not break the line so you can get to your cabin or to go to the lounge to pick up your tickets.  They think you want to cut in line for the tender.

Yes, it is the last cabin.  Guess we will get good at saying excuse me trying to get to wherever and going through. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found some pictures of 601 taken after the 2018 refit. "Living Room" shot is taken standing in-front of the "pole" Hope this helps  you out.

 

J

IMG_0330.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, JMARINER said:

Found some pictures of 601 taken after the 2018 refit. "Living Room" shot is taken standing in-front of the "pole" Hope this helps  you out.

 

J

IMG_0330.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

Thanks!  It was taken before I got it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

Looks like the carpeting needed to be replaced!

This photo was from 2018 on the Arctic Splender grand voyage (July-Sept). Don't know what the condition  of the carpet is like now.

 

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...