Royal Caribbean’s 50th Birthday Cruise on Symphony Of The Seas

tamlec

I see that the L2 Crown Loft Suites are now (today) at the lowest price I have seen at $8,731 (for double occupancy). Wasn't this category just below $12,000 at final payment...or somewhere near that price? Compared to those who bought before, this is a great score. A bit out of my price range...even for the 50th birthday celebration...but a good score in comparison. Any chance of refunds due to the price drop?

• Clarea changed the title to Symphony Nov 2: 50th Birthday/President Cruise Suite Prices dropping after final!
5 minutes ago, Sigma Cruiser said:

Symphony for the Birthday/President cruise on 11/2/2019 out of Miami. The one with all the RCCL VIPs on it.

The only way to get a credit after final payment date is if you have booked within 48 hours of the price drop.

28 minutes ago, Sigma Cruiser said:

I see that the L2 Crown Loft Suites are now (today) at the lowest price I have seen at $8,731 (for double occupancy). Wasn't this category just below $12,000 at final payment...or somewhere near that price? Compared to those who bought before, this is a great score. A bit out of my price range...even for the 50th birthday celebration...but a good score in comparison. Any chance of refunds due to the price drop?

Same thing happened last year, huge drops late.

That sailing and the one before are on the GGG flyer

Really wanted to do that cruise - BUT the prices were insane.  I can do 2-3 cruises for that price.  So even though we did the President's cruise last year, we totally passed on this one.  Booked Freedom out of San Juan for the end of this month for a little over $1200 for the both of us.  Not paying $4000+ for a balcony to do the President/Birthday cruise, just plain not worth it.

Edited by karena1

I'm on Symphony the following week...Nov 9.  Had a $700 drop on a GS a couple of months ago.  I'm now after final but was able to upgrade to an L1 CLS for $450 (still $250 less than my original GS price).  An upgrade to an L2 would have only been $60.  

Definitely worth looking at prices before putting in a Royal Up bid.  The min bid to go from a GS to a CLS was $400pp. 😲

23 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

FB_IMG_1569504750933.thumb.jpg.b4d95ef3372e53bfbff4082ce4a7938a.jpg

Any thoughts?

They seem better than past artists

Hall and Oates are fabulous. We just saw them at Amway (Orlando) last year. This is an event worth attending for those onboard. I’m only guessing, but I suspect they will be performing on one of the island stops (Coco Cay?). 

And yes, with the possible exception of The Wild Boys, Hall & Oates would be by far the best entertainers brought in for a President’s or Birthday Cruise.

The Gipsy Kings were pretty good too (Freedom). We actually saw them again later the next year at the St Augustine Amp. 

5 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

And yes, with the possible exception of The Wild Boys, Hall & Oates would be by far the best entertainers brought in for a President’s or Birthday Cruise.

The Journey cover band was very entertaining. 

DSB

On 8/2/2019 at 7:48 AM, John&LaLa said:

Now that is a Pinnacle perk. No need to book the shows in advance, other than comedy club.

They end up juggling the performance around anyway. 

I'm not sure I'd do this cruise if I wasn't at least Diamond. 

BTW, here is the show schedule from last year. 

20180926_145552.thumb.jpg.b8b4ec4c770030be0a8cd3fb6396efc9.jpg

John: "I'm not sure I'd do this cruise if I wasn't at least Diamond".

Oh dear- woe is me-daughter is diamond -I turn diamond mid week.

So look for me alone crying in my beer at some bar on the ship. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Hall and Oates are fabulous. We just saw them at Amway (Orlando) last year.

Went to the same concert... I thought Tears for Fears were much better. H&O sounded too much like they do on their records... I could have stayed home and just listed to those instead...

• Like 2