Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
JoeFan

How are Beach Beds on Chill Island?

Recommended Posts

Has anyone been to the Beach Beds yet after the move to Chill Island?

Interested in hearing reviews.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JoeFan said:

Has anyone been to the Beach Beds yet after the move to Chill Island?

Interested in hearing reviews.

 

Are you talking about the Chill Island Cabanas?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, island lady said:

 

Are you talking about the Chill Island Cabanas?  

 

I am asking about Beach Beds.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JoeFan said:

 

I am asking about Beach Beds.

 

 

Didn't see those at Chill Island, not sure where they might be.  We had a Cabana.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, island lady said:

 

Didn't see those at Chill Island, not sure where they might be.  We had a Cabana.  

 

It's a recent change while South Beach is closed.

That's why I am asking. They moved them there temporarily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JoeFan said:

 

It's a recent change while South Beach is closed.

That's why I am asking. They moved them there temporarily.

 

Ahhh...Ok.  The last time I was there was in June.  South Beach was not yet under construction for the new "over the water" construction.  

 

There were only Cabanas at that time.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ah, the elusive Beach Beds. I last saw them advertised right before I booked my cruise back in March, and now they've vanished entirely. Not sure if they're sold out, they've been removed while South Beach gets its update, or what, but I eventually gave up and got a cabana. This is the only information I could find about them and it's dated as f, and once you hit "Ready to reserve?" and enter your info it disappears. 

I've only been around on CC for a few months, but if there's anything I've learned from my time here it's that RCI is whacky. Have you tried calling their planning helpline?

EDIT From what I understand they were advertised as South Beach but had been moved to Chill Island while SB was being updated right before I stopped seeing info for them entirely.

Edited by booplesnoople
text add

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a beach bed in its new location. The attendant was great. It was close to a food station. Bar service was plentiful and fast. The bathrooms are clean. The tram stop is nearby. The beach was beautiful. The only issue with the new location was hearing the loud music from the pool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had similar question.  I am booked on Anthem over the New Yr and beach beds are not showing, not even as sold out.  Does anyone know if they will be available  and/or how to book them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, C_hasRedBottoms said:

We had a beach bed in its new location. The attendant was great. It was close to a food station. Bar service was plentiful and fast. The bathrooms are clean. The tram stop is nearby. The beach was beautiful. The only issue with the new location was hearing the loud music from the pool. 

 

Thanks for the quick review.

Do the attendants take care of the beach beds as well? What can they do for you?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How was the view? Do they face the beach? I know on South Beach there were two rows and the front row was close to the water.

 

The statement about the loud music tells me it a short walk to the pool?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2019 at 6:30 PM, JoeFan said:

 

Thanks for the quick review.

Do the attendants take care of the beach beds as well? What can they do for you?

 

My pleasure with the mini review.😀

The attendant made sure we had plenty of ice. She was very informative on where things were located. She also kept her eyes on things by removing people who hadn’t paid for the beds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where exactly are they?  I can't see anywhere to buy one or even where they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ron Don said:

Where exactly are they?  I can't see anywhere to buy one or even where they are.

 

They will show up in your Cruise Planner on Royal's website at some point before your cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a stupid question, but what exactly is Chill Island? Is it part of Coco Cay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, lynncarol said:

This is a stupid question, but what exactly is Chill Island? Is it part of Coco Cay?

 

Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where exactly are the beach beds at Chill Island located?

Towards South Beach, facing where the jet skis are?

Can you please name the nearest feature that I can locate on the plan for CoCoCay?

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just booked a beach bed. It was 199. with 2 floating mats. I had never seen it until today on the cruise planner. Had to call to reserve as the website is not set up to take reservations for them. Will let you guys know more when we return from the trip... Only 3 more days of work before vacation !!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2019 at 2:05 PM, C_hasRedBottoms said:

We had a beach bed in its new location. The attendant was great. It was close to a food station. Bar service was plentiful and fast. The bathrooms are clean. The tram stop is nearby. The beach was beautiful. The only issue with the new location was hearing the loud music from the pool. 

We have a beach bed reserved for our Feb 2020 visit to Coco Cay.  Looking forward to seeing the updates and renovations.  Curious to know as we've seen/heard different things...we booked the beach bed online a couple weeks ago, but how/when do we find out the specific bed assignment or do we get to choose?  Do we check in with the excursion desk once we get on-board?  Should we call RCCL "now" to get the assignment?  Do we wait until we arrive @ Coco Cay (surprise)?  How did you find out your assignment/bed location?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the moderators deleted my post showing the link, not sure why as it was a useful MAP of the day beds, cabanas, and bungalows... here's an image. The day beds are to the left of the new over the water bungalows just above the oasis pool swim up bar.

coco.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SuzD123 said:

We have a beach bed reserved for our Feb 2020 visit to Coco Cay.  Looking forward to seeing the updates and renovations.  Curious to know as we've seen/heard different things...we booked the beach bed online a couple weeks ago, but how/when do we find out the specific bed assignment or do we get to choose?  Do we check in with the excursion desk once we get on-board?  Should we call RCCL "now" to get the assignment?  Do we wait until we arrive @ Coco Cay (surprise)?  How did you find out your assignment/bed location?

SURPRISE!!! You guessed it! 😂😂😂😂 The ticket for the bed will be in your stateroom. The tram will drop you off at the beds. There’s a concierge and you will be given your wristbands and told to pick your bed. Your towels, waters, 2 lounge chairs and mats are there as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, C_hasRedBottoms said:

SURPRISE!!! You guessed it! 😂😂😂😂 The ticket for the bed will be in your stateroom. The tram will drop you off at the beds. There’s a concierge and you will be given your wristbands and told to pick your bed. Your towels, waters, 2 lounge chairs and mats are there as well. 

Thank you.  🙂  We do love surprises.  So you said "told to pick your bed"?  You mean they aren't pre-assigned?  Hummm.  Intriguing.  It all sounds wonderful.  We are so ready for this vacation.  Too bad we have to wait until Feb.

 

       

Edited by SuzD123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SuzD123 said:

Thank you.  🙂  We do love surprises.  So you said "told to pick your bed"?  You mean they aren't pre-assigned?  Hummm.  Intriguing.  It all sounds wonderful.  We are so ready for this vacation.  Too bad we have to wait until Feb.

 

       

We didn’t arrive super early, the beds weren’t sold out and we were able to get a very good spot with plenty of options. We are going back in February 2020 too! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, mmn531 said:

I just booked a beach bed. It was 199. with 2 floating mats. I had never seen it until today on the cruise planner. Had to call to reserve as the website is not set up to take reservations for them. Will let you guys know more when we return from the trip... Only 3 more days of work before vacation !!!!

Website seems to be allowing reservations for our sailing, but I almost accidentally booked three beds! I gagged and fixed it when I saw the price in my cart. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, booplesnoople said:

Website seems to be allowing reservations for our sailing, but I almost accidentally booked three beds! I gagged and fixed it when I saw the price in my cart. 😂

Too funny. I am sure that not being able to book online is in line with the always up and fully functional RCI website 😉

 

Have a great time on the cruise!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...