Why have Zuiderdam's September 2020 sailings disappeared from HAL's website?

DrFUN

Does anyone have a clue to this mystery?

First, last week the disembarkation port of the 8/19-9/07 CPH-NYC was changed from NYC to Boston.

Then, all Zuiderdam cruises--including the above and after, up until her October 7 Quebec CIty-FLL--disappeared....

Charters?

Soft-furnishing upgrades?

⁉️

"Curiouser & curiouser...."

Thanks,

Mary-Lou

😎

Same thing happened to our ten day cruise in November from Fremantle to Sydney. It completely disappeared from the website. As we had already hooked I was a bit worried. But it reappeared a few days later and was significantly cheaper! So we refared and paid our air fares with the savings. I hope this good fortune happens to you as well.

Thanks so much for responding! 

Unplanned complications arise, but you’d think a major cruise line would have the business brains (not to mention the common courtesy) to at least post a temporary “place-holder” note explaining that the missing cruises will soon be back in the listings after some adjustments.... And you’d think they’d inform their own phone reps about these disappearances.

Glad to hear YOU ultimately got a great deal! 😃

BTW: My husband and I absolutely adored our week in Sydney before embarking our Sydney-Auckland cruise on Christmas Eve 2008. Hope to get back one day.

The Canada/New England cruise (10-day) out of NY changed significantly.  We are booked on it.  Received the email 2 days ago.  The new itinerary goes out of Boston.  

Boston

Bar Harbor

Halifax

At Sea

St Johns, Newfoundland

St Anthony, Newfoundland

At Sea

Harre-Saint-Pierre

Baie-Comeau, Quebec

Quebec City (overnight)

23 minutes ago, RuthC said:

Nice itinerary. I could get interested, if there's a round-trip for 20 days.

If that was the September 7 sailing then the next one (September 17) does make a round trip.  It appears to be the reverse of what CStorm posted with Corner Brook also included, although I'm just looking at the map and haven't actually started the online checkin.

Roy

• Like 1

I’m sure it will be round trip. We are booked on the Sept 17th, departing from Quebec City and ending in Boston. Received our email a couple days ago ago also.  I’m actually excited about the changes and very happy to end in Boston instead or the originally planned NY.  Nothing against NY but have been there several times and have never been to Boston. We will stay for a couple extra days. 

23 minutes ago, DrFUN said:

Thanks for posting the revised itinerary, CStorm!  Was any explanation given for the change? 

Not one thing about why they changed, just that they were changing it.  Of course, they will let you out of your booking.  If you stay with the new itinerary, you get $100 onboard credit.  I'll take it.  There's a group of 10 of us, we are all staying.  

56 minutes ago, CStorm said:

Not one thing about why they changed, just that they were changing it.  Of course, they will let you out of your booking.  If you stay with the new itinerary, you get $100 onboard credit.  I'll take it.  There's a group of 10 of us, we are all staying.  

We do love HAL—the ONBOARD staff & crew, accommodation, and itineraries— but sometimes the lack of appropriate communication from the HOME OFFICE is perplexing and disheartening....

The NE & Canada revision is indeed inviting!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RuthC said:

Nice itinerary. I could get interested, if there's a round-trip for 20 days.

It is a nice itinerary and different.  I like it too, Ruth 🙂 

12 hours ago, rafinmd said:

If that was the September 7 sailing then the next one (September 17) does make a round trip.  It appears to be the reverse of what CStorm posted with Corner Brook also included, although I'm just looking at the map and haven't actually started the online checkin.

Roy

Thanks for tempting me, Roy! It's busy, but some good ports, and a new one to me.

I'm currently on the Sept. 7, 2020 cruise and thinking of canceling it, since they removed the three ports we were most interested in (NY, Charlottetown, and Saguenay).

But you all think it's a great itinerary? I'm not familiar with St Johns, St Anthony, Harre-Saint-Pierre, and Baie-Comeau. What's there to see?

45 minutes ago, crunchii said:

I'm currently on the Sept. 7, 2020 cruise and thinking of canceling it, since they removed the three ports we were most interested in (NY, Charlottetown, and Saguenay).

But you all think it's a great itinerary? I'm not familiar with St Johns, St Anthony, Harre-Saint-Pierre, and Baie-Comeau. What's there to see?

Thanks for the reminder that they dropped Charlottetown, which was THE main draw for me on that sailing--as we've never had it on previous NE/Canada cruises (and I'm an Anne of Green Gables fan).... 

3 hours ago, crunchii said:

Newfoundland is absolutely amazing.  The scenery is very sharp and contrasting.  The people are fabulous and so good natured with what they endure.  I’ll be talking to DH when he gets home.

Saint Pierre is the French island in the middle of Canada.  Fabulous place.  

What appeals to me might not appeal to you so it’s probably best you check to see what appeals to you.  I think you might be VERY surprised to see what these 3 ports offer.

not every cruise goes to Newfoundland and it’s not easy to get to by land and sea (long ferry ride) so it’s a great opportunity if you want to see original Viking settlements (yes the Vikings were here before Christopher Columbus), great scenery, incredible history or quaint gorgeous fishing areas and wonderful people.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alberta Quilter said:

Havre-Saint-Pierre is on the coast of Quebec, north of Anticosti Island.  It should not be confused with St Pierre & Miquelon, France which is south of the coast of Newfoundland.

Thanks for the correction.  I wasn’t able to see the itinerary since it’s not up on the HAL site.  I was thinking of St Pierre & Miquelon but that is also a very nice spot to stop for sure 🙂 

7 hours ago, kazu said:

What appeals to me might not appeal to you so it’s probably best you check to see what appeals to you.  I think you might be VERY surprised to see what these 3 ports offer.

Yeah, I think I'll do a little more research on those ports before I cancel. Thanks!

29 minutes ago, crunchii said:

The new Zuiderdam Fall 2020 cruises are available to book now.

I'm still debating whether to keep this cruise or cancel. I looked into these new ports and they do sound wonderful, and we would LOVE to visit them someday, but we're not sure if we want to go there next year...

Thank you kindly for the link.  They weren’t up when I looked first thing this morning.

I have a suspicion DH will like the Newfoundland itinerary 🙂 

On 8/1/2019 at 7:28 PM, DrFUN said:

Thanks so much for responding! 

Unplanned complications arise, but you’d think a major cruise line would have the business brains (not to mention the common courtesy) to at least post a temporary “place-holder” note explaining that the missing cruises will soon be back in the listings after some adjustments.... And you’d think they’d inform their own phone reps about these disappearances.

Glad to hear YOU ultimately got a great deal! 😃

BTW: My husband and I absolutely adored our week in Sydney before embarking our Sydney-Auckland cruise on Christmas Eve 2008. Hope to get back one day.

Of all HAL's strengths (and there are many), competent, dependable.website is not  one of them\

CALL Or  email    HAL    or   ASK YOUR   TA  to do so 

And kindly post here whatever response (if any) you get

timage.png.b3cebc81dd0dde1b5d0f0098244f35e7.png

sail .noordam@gmail.com