Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I just stumbled on cruise radio website and just noticed a new brunch menu will be fleet wise.  I noticed the steak and eggs are missing as well as other items, does anybody know if there is any truth to this menu?

 image.thumb.png.14a2e3a935765f5b28a55cb976876ccc.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

New Seaday Brunch Menu
The menu is currently on these ships with more coming soon.  (as of 7/3)
Carnival Horizon
Carnival Vista
Carnival Fantasy
Carnival Sunrise
Carnival Sensation
Carnival Victory
Carnival Imagination
Carnival Inspiration
Carnival Ecstasy
Carnival Splendor
Carnival Liberty

brunch sunrise.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, rn4t5 said:

New Seaday Brunch Menu
The menu is currently on these ships with more coming soon.  (as of 7/3)
Carnival Horizon
Carnival Vista
Carnival Fantasy
Carnival Sunrise
Carnival Sensation
Carnival Victory
Carnival Imagination
Carnival Inspiration
Carnival Ecstasy
Carnival Splendor
Carnival Liberty

brunch sunrise.jpg

Still has Steak and Eggs, too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Two major problems:

 

1. No pancakes, waffles, or French toast?  

 

2. OJ is now an extra charge for breakfast, even for kids?

Middle, top..."house special" box, skillet cake (pancake) and 12 hr French Toast...

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Two major problems:

 

1. No pancakes, waffles, or French toast?  

 

2. OJ is now an extra charge for breakfast, even for kids?

1. Pancakes are referred to as "skillet cakes" and French toast is still on there.  (See top of middle column.)  The waffles are gone from brunch, but are still offered at port day breakfast or the Dr. Seuss character breakfast.

 

2. Fresh-squeezed OJ is extra charge, I'm sure of it.  Free OJ is probably frozen concentrate (like those cans in the frozen breakfast aisle) diluted with water, or even a corn syrup and Yellow #5 concoction.

 

 

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

LOL.  DW pointed that out to me 10 seconds before you did.

 

But, the $5 juice is still a big issue to me.

Yeah, me too...that seems high for oj, and also us women are used to finding things..socks, keys, wallets, so it's only a continuation of normal DW behavior 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LandlockedCruiser01 said:

1. Pancakes are referred to as "skillet cakes" and French toast is still on there.  (See top of middle column.)  The waffles are gone from brunch, but are still offered at port day breakfast or the Dr. Seuss character breakfast.

 

2. Fresh-squeezed OJ is extra charge, I'm sure of it.  Free OJ is probably frozen concentrate (like those cans in the frozen breakfast aisle) diluted with water, or even a corn syrup and Yellow #5 concoction.

 

 

Mmmm....corn syrup and yellow #5....yummy! lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, LandlockedCruiser01 said:

1. The waffles are gone from brunch, but are still offered at port day breakfast or the Dr. Seuss character breakfast.

 

 

Wondering if Waffles were ever very good...  the best part about waffles is them being crisp and hot.  Given the hundreds passengers they serve, the waffles are likely not high end. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Wondering if Waffles were ever very good...  the best part about waffles is them being crisp and hot.  Given the hundreds passengers they serve, the waffles are likely not high end. 

All food on a cruise ship is mass-produced.  So the quality can only go so far.  I'd maybe make an exception for specialty restaurants, which serve fewer passengers and put more effort into it, but the food still comes from the same provisions inventory.  When you serve a large number of passengers in a short time, something has to give.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LUVINMYHUBS said:

Middle, top..."house special" box, skillet cake (pancake) and 12 hr French Toast...

 

Some reviews have indicated the skillet cakes and 12 hour French toast are not quite the tried and true breakfast staples people may be used to...

 

image.gif.8410a6974632ea1f593586bb84f83bdb.gif"Think of it as a triple thick pancake with a sweet sauce and some sort of crumble on top, along with what appear to be house-made marshmallow squares and ricotta cheese. They serve it with syrup, but it is not needed as it is plenty sweet already. Mine was maybe just a tiny bit doughy inside?... The skillet cake was decent for what it was, but I'm not in a hurry to order it again."

 

"French toast. It was a loaf. The peaches were candied on top." 

 

The descriptions I've read have described the 12 hour French toast as more of a bread pudding than what most would traditionally call French toast.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I just stumbled on cruise radio website and just noticed a new brunch menu will be fleet wise.  I noticed the steak and eggs are missing as well as other items, does anybody know if there is any truth to this menu?

 image.thumb.png.14a2e3a935765f5b28a55cb976876ccc.png

 

That is the old menu. @rn4t5 posted the new one.

Edited by Schoifmom
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...