Aruba Sunset Schooner Cruise

WVU_Neal

Hi. I’m sailing on the Reflection on 12/9/19 and will be overnight in Aruba several days later. Celebrity offers a Sunset Schooner Cruise while there. I’m not usually one for taking ship excursions as I find them expensive, crowded, and often mediocre. However, I have a nice amount of OBC for the cruise and this looks like a nice way to use some of it.

Has anyone experience with this excursion or feedback about this particular trip?

Thanks for the info.

Neal in Cincinnati

We did not do the schooner, but did the catamaran on our December 2018 Silhouette cruise.  Not sure if both are offered on your trip or not.  Both were docked next to each other and left about the same time.  They were in walking distance from the ship, so no extra transportation needed.  We enjoyed our catamaran sunset cruise, and would do it again.  There was plenty of food and free rum punch (and a couple other options). 

Interestingly, there was 1 passenger (and an embarrassed wife) making a scene about demanding to see the passenger manifest upon boarding, and was arguing with the attendents that the boat was "overloaded".  They were actually about 70 people below capacity, and there was plenty of room for all.  When he stormed off the boat and refused to join the trip, everyone stood and applauded.  We proceeded to have an amazing experience with a very capable captain!

Either way, this looks to be a good option!  The schooner looked equally fun!

We did the sunset cruise in Aruba. We had a great time!! They don't take you too far away from the island. They have an open bar. They serve Aruba Ariba alcoholic drinks through out the cruise. They also served wine and beer. On the night we went out, the cruise line had chartered two catamaran boats. On the boat we took, the crew put on music and the passengers were line dancing towards the end of the cruise. I do not know if the crew on the other boat put on music. Tom

• Like 2