Cruise Critic Community
Barry ATL

Victory Free Wi-Fi, Internet Package, and Hub App Mix and Match

Posted (edited)

We are going to buy the internet package  for each of us on our 11/4 Victory sailing.  We thought about using the Hub App for chatting, but can use FB Messenger if the internet plan allows.  So, here is the question:

I will sometimes use my internet plan on my tablet (Windows).  So, I will log my phone off of the plan and log in with the tablet.  Will the Hub app on my phone be able to use the "free" wi-fi when I log off of the paid plan?  To be clear, while I am using the tablet with my internet plan, will my phone still be able to receive chat messages via the Hub app?

Two other questions:

-- If each of us have the internet plan, will we still have to pay for the chat feature on the Hub app?

--Will FB Messenger work with the premium internet plan?  If so, then we can just use that.  FB Messenger has a Windows app so I will see the messages when I am on the tablet.

Edited by Barry ATL
Missing word

All of the Hub app’s features work independently from the internet plans. You technically don’t need an internet plan just to use the Hub app, including the chat feature. 

So yes, the Hub app on your phone will still receive chat messages when you’re using your tablet.

Yes, everyone has to pay for the chat feature, even after purchasing an internet plan. 

And yes, fb messenger will work with all three tiers of internet. 

IMO, the chat feature on the HUB app is not necessary if you plan to use FB Messager.  It does cost an additional $5 per device to use the chat feature, but FB Messager is more reliable and you will have already paid to use it (it is accessible with all three internet plans on Carnival).  All devices, even those without an internet plan, can access the free portions of the HUB app just by connecting to the ship's wifi.

Thanks!  Your answers fall in line with my assumptions.  I just wanted to confirm.  

you will have to download the Hub App to your phone and tablet, free of course

11 hours ago, coevan said:

you will have to download the Hub App to your phone and tablet, free of course

The reason I questioned this at all is because my tablet is Windows based and there is not a Hub app.  So, I wanted to make sure it would work on the phone while I was using the internet account on my Windows tablet.

The question has been answered and thanks to everybody for your help.

... now off to purchase that drink package to go with the internet package.   😎