Is it worth it to pay $400 more for a mini suite with large balcony

Vacationlover2

We loved our mini suite with large balcony on the Bliss. It was nice to sit out there on a lounger when docked in port. We paid extra for a spa pass on that cruise. For our Encore Cruise, we opted for a spa mini suite instead, which has the same size room but average balcony size. 

I enjoyed the location near the front of the ship on the Bliss, it was on deck 8 and close to Garden Cafe and brew house and the Waterfront. 

The highlight of the trip for us was the thermal spa, so we opted for the spa mini suite for next trip. 

I would recommend the mini suite with large balcony, we really enjoyed it and the location. 

653EC5A9-05A0-479C-9124-4AB578E81A93.jpeg

17EDA0DD-AFEC-4EE7-A9EA-0C61708B373B.jpeg

7B0ADB13-14B0-4009-A18D-A6FE00109F79.jpeg

4558D863-F983-443D-8F4D-0A4B92D0A3A9.jpeg

1 hour ago, Vacationlover2 said:

There are 4 of us currently in a regular balcony room.  Is it worth $400 to upgrade to a mini with large balcony?  Or $230 for a large balcony regular room?

Thanks!

The mini suite and balcony rooms are the same size. You get a bigger bathroom. Save your money and sit on deck. 

With 4 of you in a cabin the bathroom can be important and the balcony is great. If it is within your budget I would go with the mini large balcony. My DW love the bathroom and would probably throw me overboard if I didn't get a mini...LOL

3 hours ago, Vacationlover2 said:

There are 4 of us currently in a regular balcony room.  Is it worth $400 to upgrade to a mini with large balcony?  Or $230 for a large balcony regular room?

Thanks!

Had a cat B9 - large balcony on the Escape and loved the larger balcony, You could probably fit four people out there okay. We have booked a M6 - minisuite with large balcony on the Breakaway next March and am so excited for that. There would be plenty of room for all of you to hang out on that one for sure.

The other 2 are our kids.  They are older, but we don't mind being together.  I got a persistent agent at my travel agency who escalated to a supervisor and was able to get me switched to a mini suite large balcony for $108.  I'm happy, but wish I didn't book in advance.  I would have saved about $800.  You never know.

• Like 2