Legend Alaska July 23rd likes/dislikes very brief

CRocks

My last cruise to Alaska was in June several years ago.  And every single port day we had temperatures in the 80s.  It was beautiful, but I didn't plan for that much hot weather.  I like early season best I think for Alaska, first cruise of the season in may was perfect.  Not hot, rain unlikely, lots of snow in the Yukon and no mosquitoes.  

14 hours ago, dbrucern said:

Back  from the Legend and Alaska, the weather was gorgeous.  We had met a couple when we toured Seattle that had just  gotten off the ship and they said they loved it except for the misty rain and fog which affected some of the scenery.  Well we must have brought some of NC weather with us.  We dressed every morning for the 50's temps and by lunch we were peeling clothes off and looking for our shorts. By lunch it was in the high 70's and no humidity.  We did laugh when locals complained how hot it was and humid.  Sunshine no rain and no humidity by our standards only one day of fog and it was a sea day.  Loved this cruise and had to tell my husband he was right. 

Yes, living in North Carolina, we really know what true humidity is, 🤣.  We have this trip planned for next May, although were going on Princess, but really excited.  Glad you had a great time!

17 hours ago, dbrucern said:

Back  from the Legend and Alaska, the weather was gorgeous.  We had met a couple when we toured Seattle that had just  gotten off the ship and they said they loved it except for the misty rain and fog which affected some of the scenery.  Well we must have brought some of NC weather with us.  We dressed every morning for the 50's temps and by lunch we were peeling clothes off and looking for our shorts. By lunch it was in the high 70's and no humidity.  We did laugh when locals complained how hot it was and humid.  Sunshine no rain and no humidity by our standards only one day of fog and it was a sea day.  Loved this cruise and had to tell my husband he was right. 

We had the same incredibly nice weather experience on our July 30-August 5 cruise on Legend - I guess we brought some of it from AZ too. Except for the early morning low clouds/fog in Ketchikan (which burned off by 10AM) and cloudy most of the day in Tracy Arm, the skies were clear and the weather quite warm (upper 60's, low 70's). Could not have asked for better weather. The scenery is really spectacular. Northern Arizona is high elevation with mountains and a lot of pine forests which is quite a contrast to Phoenix, but Alaska absolutely blows Northern AZ away for beauty. And standing on a glacier and being told the ice under your feet is anywhere from 100 to 200 feet thick is awe inspiring!  :classic_smile: