Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
VentureMan_2000

Cheers and Non-Booze Drinks...

Recommended Posts

People have asked if you can use your Cheers to buy a Mocha coffee, or some other non-alcoholic drink, so that has been answered in detail.

I have yet to see anyone inquire if you can pay separately with your S&S Card for non-alcoholic drinks.  I certainly would not want to waste a potential cocktail on coffee...  🤣.

So...  can you pay separately with your S&S Card for non-alcoholic drinks if you have the Cheers package ?  Anyone run into this ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can have unlimited non-alcoholic beverages. The 15 limit is alcoholic drinks only. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last poster answered your question, but I am sure Carnival will let you pay for non alcoholic drinks if you insist. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, silvercrikhix said:

You can have unlimited non-alcoholic beverages. The 15 limit is alcoholic drinks only. 


I want to make sure I understand... with the Cheers package, I can have 4 Mocha's and 15 alcoholic drinks each day ?   

Each Mocha does not count against my 15 cocktails ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:


I want to make sure I understand... with the Cheers package, I can have 4 Mocha's and 15 alcoholic drinks each day ?   

Each Mocha does not count against my 15 cocktails ?

 

Exactly.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:


I want to make sure I understand... with the Cheers package, I can have 4 Mocha's and 15 alcoholic drinks each day ?   

Each Mocha does not count against my 15 cocktails ?

That is correct.  The 15 limit is only for alcoholic drinks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:


I want to make sure I understand... with the Cheers package, I can have 4 Mocha's and 15 alcoholic drinks each day ?   

Each Mocha does not count against my 15 cocktails ?

You might spontaneously combust, but you could have 20 mochas and 15 alcoholic drinks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well... I don't know how many times I have read Carnival's FAQ for their Cheers package -- a lot indeed -- but there it is in plain English:

Question: I understand there is a maximum of 15 drinks a day for the CHEERS! program. With the enhanced program, do non-alcoholic drinks count toward this total?
Sodas and other applicable non-alcoholic beverages remain unlimited and will not be counted toward the 15 alcoholic beverages limit.


Thanks to those that responded.  Much appreciated.  😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I Have only sailed on Carnival and Norwegian so far.

with out getting into the details of cost, I feel that what you get with cheers on carnival is the best deal.

15 alcoholic drinks and all other drinks including shakes per day. If I understand right the new fresh squeezed orange juice on the new Sea Day Brunch menus are not included.

Cheers even includes bottled water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Hooked Already said:

I Have only sailed on Carnival and Norwegian so far.

with out getting into the details of cost, I feel that what you get with cheers on carnival is the best deal.

15 alcoholic drinks and all other drinks including shakes per day. If I understand right the new fresh squeezed orange juice on the new Sea Day Brunch menus are not included.

Cheers even includes bottled water.

Correct info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I drink very little and my wife loves wine and here cappuccinos. On a 7 day cruise she might have two glasses of wine. The coffee maybe three. So we purchase them individually, no need to purchase any package. On the other hand I do drink a lot of Coke Zeros so I purchase the soda package.  When they have the 2oz Shooters on special. I get my free coke and a rum Shooter. The other one is the free OJ from the bar and a gin or vodka shooter. I am a happy cruiser with those. Enough for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

I drink very little and my wife loves wine and here cappuccinos. On a 7 day cruise she might have two glasses of wine. The coffee maybe three. So we purchase them individually, no need to purchase any package. On the other hand I do drink a lot of Coke Zeros so I purchase the soda package.  When they have the 2oz Shooters on special. I get my free coke and a rum Shooter. The other one is the free OJ from the bar and a gin or vodka shooter. I am a happy cruiser with those. Enough for me.

First of all....thank you for your service, but I must say that your post really doesn't tie in with the OP's original post.  It would however be very appropriate for a  "Is Cheers worth it?" discussion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Hooked Already said:

 If I understand right the new fresh squeezed orange juice on the new Sea Day Brunch menus are not included.

Cheers even includes bottled water.

 

12 hours ago, amyotravel said:

Correct info.

Two things.....the large format bottled water is only part of Cheers when ordered in the MDR or a specialty restaurant.  And I believe the only places to get fresh squeezed OJ in the entire Carnival fleet are at the Havana bars located on the Horizon, Vista and Sunshine and it is not part of Cheers and it specifically states as much on the Carnival website.  The juices at the Sea Day brunch are 5 varieties with mixtures of kale, carrot and other "California-esque" concoctions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

I drink very little and my wife loves wine and here cappuccinos. On a 7 day cruise she might have two glasses of wine. The coffee maybe three. So we purchase them individually, no need to purchase any package. On the other hand I do drink a lot of Coke Zeros so I purchase the soda package.  When they have the 2oz Shooters on special. I get my free coke and a rum Shooter. The other one is the free OJ from the bar and a gin or vodka shooter. I am a happy cruiser with those. Enough for me.

 

What does this have to with Cheers and what drinks are included?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

 

Two things.....the large format bottled water is only part of Cheers when ordered in the MDR or a specialty restaurant.  

 

I was trying to understand this...  what is a 'Large Format' water bottle ?  I see they offer 500ml water bottles as part of the package... and as you stated, 'Large Format' water bottles in the MDR.  

I'm now just curious why a standard 500ml water bottle wouldn't do ?  Or why simply the ship's water wouldn't do just as fine in the MDR.  I don't recall the ship's water tasting bad.  Any insight ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It's the 1 litre bottles of sparkling (like San Pelligrino) or still water in the dining room. At the bars, the sparkling water they serve is the Perrier cans. 

Edited by Wanna_Cruize

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...