Itinerary change with no notice, Cruise Line KNEW the itinerary would be changed

Well, ok.   Have a good time at home having spent a couple of thousand dollars and not using your purchase. (I mean, you spent the $2000.  You can stay home and not be in St. Thomas, or you could go on the cruise and be not in St. Thomas.  I’d personally choose being on a cruise after spending the money rather than not being on the cruise. To each their own.) That’ll show RCI.  I know on Royal’s website, the Allure itineraries have been modified for at least a few weeks as I’ve been searching for cruises quite a bit.   I’m guessing this is really the fault of your TA, but I don’t suppose you’re going to ever calm down enough to look into it that way.   Good luck for the rest of your crushing life on other lines. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MermaidPrincessSusi said:

Our receipt/confirmation that printed the day we booked shows the original itinerary! So that is not  our TA's fault for not seeing a change, when THERE WAS NO CHANGE LISTED AT THE TIME SHE BOOKED OUR CRUISE! RCI messed up! Period!!!!

But is the receipt generated by your TA, or by Royal?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

And you want RCI to do what?

I don't expect anything from a company that would do this! I just wanted others to know that this happened! RCI let us book an itinerary too late to get a refund when they had ALREADY CHANGED THE ITINERARY but did not take care of it with their listings and TAs saw the original itinerary as well!!! BUT RCI knew the itinerary would be changed BEFORE we booked! So they basically booked cruise ports they ALREADY KNEW would not happen! THAT is what makes me mad! They should have already had in place, the alternate itinerary listing months ago when the propulsion issue changed the itineraries!!!

• Like 2

People have know about these changes for quite a while. Unless you can demonstrate that it was a last minute change I really doubt it was RCi that did it to you.  I think you have a bad TA. Post the original itinerary from Royal... That would be interesting to see.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MermaidPrincessSusi said:

I just wanted others to know that this happened!

Like you, many others who spend any time on CC know/knew about this, but thanks for the reminder. This thread will drop off the front page in a couple of days and we will likely have another thread from an another unsatisfied customer to replace it. CC is not the place to rant if you want results. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Beachammo said:

Has your TA even tried to get you a refund? Maybe a FCC??

Our TA has tried to get a refund! No dice! AND additionally, they say they reserve the right to change the itinerary at any time!! We already know that! It is in the Rules of Carriage! I am just angry that RCI KNEW of the itinerary change and did not post it, WHEN they knew months ago that the Allure had propulsion issues!!

My husband just got back from our TA and she is not happy with RCI either! She booked the itinerary we wanted, NOT the one RCI had already changed it to and failed to let TAs and late booking passengers know!  Of course, RCI will never admit to it! But you can be sure I WILL be posting on Social Media what happened and we will NEVER EVER book RCI again!!! I would NOT accept a FCC let alone a free cruise to ANYWHERE from them! We will NOT cruise with them, period! 

I only posted this to vent a bit AND let others know that this happened and to watch for these types of issues or ask if there are issues that will change their itinerary!!! BUYER BEWARE or in this case, take caution, cruisers!!!

16 minutes ago, Beachammo said:

I was on the jewel TA last November when they changed our ports 4 days before the cruise. I was in Rome at the time pre cruise. Instead of Valencia, Lisbon and ponta delgada, we went to tenerife, gran canaria and St. Martin. Yes we were disappointed but we still had a great time even though we were there before. I hope you change your mind and go. It's not worth being so upset you cancel a trip. I wish I had enough money where I could just give a cruise line $2000 because I couldn't go to st. Thomas and I was angry. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MermaidPrincessSusi said:

My husband just got back from our TA and she is not happy with RCI either!

I have no doubt that your TA is going to blame RCI.  She certainly doesn't want to take responsibility for failing to inform you.  TA's and cruisers have known of this issue for much longer than you say you have been booked.  How in the world your TA hasn't been informed is completely inexplicable.  

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, MermaidPrincessSusi said:

I am just mad and not happy that RCI KNEW this itinerary would NOT happen BEFORE and didn't let our TA know and us know! We would have have NEVER booked it!!! 

And you should be mad. I understand changing itineraries last minute due to unavoidable circumstances but this has been going on for months and they continue to sell the same itinerary knowing that they won't be able deliver it. I don't know how is even legal. I realize that the ship sail under a foreign flag and different laws apply but the cruises are being sold out of Miami. If you booked through a big box TA I wouldn't expect them to know about this situation as they deal with many other cruise lines so I would cut the TA a break on this one. Even if they know what has been happening with Allure and the changing itinerary they can't predict if it will change or follow through in the future.  This topic has come up so much on Cruise Critic but I wonder how the general public who don't follow Cruise Critic are handling it? Don't expect any sympathy form the cheerleaders they tend to cast blame on the TA or the passenger or just sugar coat the situation. I would insist on a full refund, and take it to social media if you don't get any results. It's total B.S. that you booked a cruise last minute after final payment and they didn't inform you of the change at the time of booking. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, MermaidPrincessSusi said:

I don't expect anything from a company that would do this! I just wanted others to know that this happened! RCI let us book an itinerary too late to get a refund when they had ALREADY CHANGED THE ITINERARY but did not take care of it with their listings and TAs saw the original itinerary as well!!! BUT RCI knew the itinerary would be changed BEFORE we booked! So they basically booked cruise ports they ALREADY KNEW would not happen! THAT is what makes me mad! They should have already had in place, the alternate itinerary listing months ago when the propulsion issue changed the itineraries!!!

giphy.gif

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

The changes have been posted for weeks.  Everyone who reads CC threads has known about this.  You without a doubt need a new TA and if you insist on staying home, your TA owes you a refund.  There are TA's who post on CC regularly and I am willing to bet if you posted the exact date you booked they would tell you it in not the fault of RCL.  The Allure issue has affected many other ships and there have been many threads/posts on this issue over the past month.  Do not understand why we knew about changes and your TA did not.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, DancerMama25 said:

Well, ok.   Have a good time at home having spent a couple of thousand dollars and not using your purchase. (I mean, you spent the $2000.  You can stay home and not be in St. Thomas, or you could go on the cruise and be not in St. Thomas.  I’d personally choose being on a cruise after spending the money rather than not being on the cruise. To each their own.) That’ll show RCI.  I know on Royal’s website, the Allure itineraries have been modified for at least a few weeks as I’ve been searching for cruises quite a bit.   I’m guessing this is really the fault of your TA, but I don’t suppose you’re going to ever calm down enough to look into it that way.   Good luck for the rest of your crushing life on other lines. 

2 thousand bucks??? I wish! Try 8 thousand dollars!!!! And, it WAS RCI who failed to change the itinerary! Our TA booked the ports we asked for! And like I said, we booked it in the last couple weeks, it may have been right before RCI FINALLY got around to changing it! 

Thank you for your good wishes for cruising other lines!! 😊 We will definitely enjoy cruising on other lines very much! We have been for years! I wish you happy cruising on whatever cruise line you select as well! Cruising is a LOT of fun when it works out the way it is supposed to....😕

This is the first major problem we have had with cruising, since the only other problem we had, that was with RCI as well, when we first started cruising! The Cruise God's are trying to tell us to AVOID RCI at all costs! And yeah, we will have to eat the cost of this cruise! 😲 That REALLY sucks! But at least I won't be on a ship with 5000 people going to places I don't want to go and missing the places we already had made plans for.....I am not going to vent anymore here....I am going to take it to social media to let people know there what happened to us! 

1 hour ago, MermaidPrincessSusi said:

Nope! She told us what the itinerary was, and we booked the cruise accordingly! If we had know the uitinerary before, we would NEVER have booked it! Like I said, we booked BECAUSE of the itinerary!

The problem is with your TA. I’m sure it is not the first Allure cruise with the issues that she booked. Any good TA would have flagged the brochure page. I worked in a travel agency. She should have called the cruise line for all Allure bookings.

• Like 2

I am really confused (which isn’t hard to do) but if you are leaving Sunday on The Allure that itinerary was changed on May 1 according to that roll call. So I would take it up with your travel agent.

They changed my itinerary last week for my November 3 cruise and we have until August 8 to cancel if we want and receive a full refund.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MermaidPrincessSusi said:

Our receipt/confirmation that printed the day we booked shows the original itinerary! So that is not  our TA's fault for not seeing a change, when THERE WAS NO CHANGE LISTED AT THE TIME SHE BOOKED OUR CRUISE! RCI messed up! Period!!!!

So the itinerary officially changed after the booking. This happens reasonably frequently. As many have posted in other threads, do not book a cruise if missing any of the ports would ruin your vacation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

People have know about these changes for quite a while. Unless you can demonstrate that it was a last minute change I really doubt it was RCi that did it to you.  I think you have a bad TA. Post the original itinerary from Royal... That would be interesting to see.

I posted that we booked the cruise in the last couple weeks! We have been using our TA for over 20 years and this is the only problem we have ever had with a cruise! When she printed our itinerary, the day we booked a couple weeks ago, it showed the original ports! Then when we picked up the cruise docs, they were different and that was only several days ago!

I can assure you she is not a "bad" TA! She is one of the best! We have booked over 50 cruises with her and at least 75 or more trips/vacations/cruises/complex Disney World itineraries with her and this is the only trip that we have had this happen with! She was very angry when she saw what happened as well! She booked the ports we asked for! I just found out about the propulsion issue yesterday because I happened to come here to the boards and discovered the issue was what caused our itinerary change! So RCI KNEW they would not be going to certain ports for months now but failed to change the listings until just recently, most likely right around the time we booked! Probably just after we booked a few weeks ago! She had the original itinerary on her computer when we booked, or we would NEVER HAVE BOOKED THIS CRUISE!!! We wanted specific ports! rd

1We also do not really like the Allure, too big for our tastes in ships, but it was the only ship going to the ports we wanted! Otherwise we would NEVER have booked a MEGA ship! We do not like these HUGE ships! But for a quick 7 day getaway to the ports we wanted, it would have been okay for a short cruise. We could have survived the MEGAness of it! We tend to like smaller ships and much longer cruises....28 days, 30 days, 45 days....But as I said it was just going to be a quick getaway to see some friends on the islands, and get to enjoy Coco Cay which I really was excited about when I saw We were going there! 

The main point is that we NEVER would have booked this cruise if the current itinerary had shown up! The PORTS were the whole reason for booking this particular cruise!!!  Our TA booked what RCI showed at the time of booking!

P.S. We have been on the Allure once before, so we are familiar with the ship! That was the other RCI problem we had! NOT that the ship was big, but there were other issues with our RCI cruise! The only 2 problems we have ever had with cruises have both been with RCI! That is why hubby was hesitant to book this cruise. And he was proven correct once again!!! No more RCI for us! 

Edited by MermaidPrincessSusi
Add on

New user because couldn't remember the password of a family-held account and now wants their own to rant about their choice to forgo $8K over (at best) an itinerary change or (at worst) a clueless TA after having taken 50+ cruises (but not on this line) never experiencing something look like this before. 

Yeah, it all adds up.  I give credit to those responding with sincerity about how this story only makes the OP seem foolish instead of righteously indignant (except for the lone usual corporations-are-evil muppet).

Summer is almost over and school will be back in session.   Thankfully.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1