Fly straight home or stay overnight in Aruba

new_cruiser

Our 14-night cruise will end in Aruba. We start in Barbados. This is for January/February and since we are flying from the West Coast with 1 or two stops, I'm planning to fly into Barbados a few days early as a cushion in case there are weather delays. Other cruise stops are Martinique, St Lucia (3 ports: Castries, Pigeon Island and Soufriere), St Vincent and the Grenadines (Bequia and 2x Mayreau), Barbados, Grenada, Tobago, Bonaire and Curacao. 

Looking at flight options from Aruba, there is a really good connection leaving around 2 PM on Saturday (the day our ship debarks in Aruba). It's one stop, lowest price and close to the shortest travel time. the flight options for Sunday and Monday are much worse. The inexpensive ones on those days are more than 24 hour travel time, 2 hops. 

Is there something unique in Aruba that we would be missing out on by pretty much heading straight from the ship to the airport? 

Can you get the "cheap-direct" flight the next day?  If so, stay and enjoy the great beaches or take a Trikes tour around the island.

If not, or if not a beach person, or too many beaches in your port intensive cruise, jump on the flight home.

The only ports that I've been to on your cruise are the ABC islands.  All of the ABC islands have similar topography,  but are very different.  I love Aruba and vacation there every year, but under your circumstances,  I'd probably skip it and head home. It sounds like you will have seen and done a lot on your extended trip, and your flight option on Saturday certainly seems the best. 

FYI - The Aruba airport is a madhouse on Saturdays.  Make sure that you are there at least 3 - 4 hours before your flight. You'll go through U.S.  customs there so you won't have to do it again when you land in the U.S.