oldsilverfox

Freedom due to dock in Southampon UK

I see from the Associated British Ports site that Freedom is due in Southampton at the end of April, doing an overnight cruise and then back in next day. Is she being named in the UK as was Jewel ?? Has anyone any further details ?? It looks like she is sailing empty to the US, what a waste !!!

HI

Spoke with RCI today to book for next year. Customer services informed me that Freedom will be in Southampton between 4 April and 10 April. At this time tour operators and invited guests can inspect the new ship. He also said the ship will not be taking passengers to US.

We went to a cruise fair today and a person from RCCL said that the pax on this first trip to the US were trade customers e.g. the PSA annual conference.

I am not sure why, but all of the Voyager class ships did not sail with passingers from europe to us. I have talked to some of the new cruise staff and they are leaving to board her very soon. I guess they will be working on training people etc. If she is due in South Hampton at the end of April there are only 75 or 80 days ontil she is completed. They must be doing sea triels soon. They sure do keep a lid on information about this ship.

Brian J

I have talked to some of the new cruise staff and they are leaving to board her very soon.

Yeah. I have a friend who was initially scheduled to head to Finland the first week of April, but is now going directly from his vacation the first week of March.

So, once staff starts heading over there, I am sure much more info will be coming out. I, for one, will be reporting any good "scoop" that comes my way! :)

Tracy

Yeah. I have a friend who was initially scheduled to head to Finland the first week of April, but is now going directly from his vacation the first week of March.

So, once staff starts heading over there, I am sure much more info will be coming out. I, for one, will be reporting any good "scoop" that comes my way! :)

Tracy

Thank you! I can hardly contain my excitement!

They must be doing sea trials soon.
I have information that she was supposed to start sea trials in December. If that happened, WHO KNOWS???

:) On looking at the Southampton Cruise Schedule which has just been released on there web site, FOS arrives at 18.00 on 30th April, setting sail again on 1st May at 17.00. Then back into Southampton at 06.00 on 3rd May and leaves on 4th May at 10.00. I will miss FOS as im sailing on LOS for the 4 day cruise leaving on 28th April, coming back on 2nd May :) :)