Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
gmbhardy

Food Republic Recommendations

Recommended Posts

We have never eaten at Food Republic, but now that it’s included in the SDP (I know we are limited to four selections) we are going to try it on our Escape cruise in December. Are there any signature dishes? What would you recommend?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eaten there on multiple times on multiple cruises. It is one of our favorites. I believe each person has 4 selections. You really can’t go wrong with any of them. The Black Cod Skewers are one of our favorites. In the past we would not have been able to eat eight dishes together so we would just pay for there and use our SDP credits at more expensive restaurants Like Cagney’s, LeBistro and Teppanyaki. I believe the prices have increased a bit since NCL have taken over the restaurant( who knew that would happen, right?) so I would have to do the math. 

 

Mary Ann

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I loved Food Republic on the Escape in Fall 2017.  The menu likely has changed since then.  But, my favorites were the burrata with cherry tomatoes and balsamic reduction, and there had been an Asian-style dumpling that was filled with corned beef (and cabbage I think), sort of like a Reuben dumpling with a 1000 island dipping sauce on the side.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The black cod, pork belly, and salmon or dragon roll. Four dishes is often more than enough for two. 

 

 

9C2C0D05-6302-451B-863A-3A549E299D70.jpeg

F87F5AFD-45AA-49E5-AE93-86A68844E588.jpeg

A2DDC63B-57CC-4EE1-A465-E35CC6843496.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The black cod, pork belly, and salmon or dragon roll. Four dishes is often more than enough for two. 

 

 

9C2C0D05-6302-451B-863A-3A549E299D70.jpeg

F87F5AFD-45AA-49E5-AE93-86A68844E588.jpeg

A2DDC63B-57CC-4EE1-A465-E35CC6843496.jpeg

 

Looks delicious. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will be our 1st venture to this venue. Thxs to this board , my pcc redid all my sdp 's & lattitude dinners..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The dumplings are my favorite, but everything is amazing.  We dine there for lunch, saving dinners for other places.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DLynnFunCruise said:

We ate here on embarkation day, before word got out. It was peaceful and delicious! 

 

Hi, were you there for lunch or dinner? If lunch, was it complimentary?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We are there for lunch. It's never complimentary; it's ala cart but quite reasonable.

Edited by DLynnFunCruise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, DLynnFunCruise said:

We are there for lunch. It's never complimentary; it's ala cart but quite reasonable.

NCL just changed policy and you can use your SDP here.  4 selections per person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2019 at 7:49 PM, DLynnFunCruise said:

We are there for lunch. It's never complimentary; it's ala cart but quite reasonable.

 

Hi, thank you.  I saw a posting from "Birdtravels" this week and it showed most dishes at $10 or more. Was yours a lesser cost lunch menu?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, oregonian123 said:

 

Hi, thank you.  I saw a posting from "Birdtravels" this week and it showed most dishes at $10 or more. Was yours a lesser cost lunch menu?

 

There are no separate menus for meals. Also, this does not work like traditional restaurants with app, entree, etc. You order how ever many dishes you want, and they are brought to the table as they are ready, not all at once. Order a few, then order a few more. Basically all are made to share. It’s more like tapas style dining. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, LrgPizza said:

 

There are no separate menus for meals. Also, this does not work like traditional restaurants with app, entree, etc. You order how ever many dishes you want, and they are brought to the table as they are ready, not all at once. Order a few, then order a few more. Basically all are made to share. It’s more like tapas style dining. 

 

Thank you. It looks like the menu I saw before was from the Escape,  not the Joy. I guess it might be outdated on the pricing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...