Cruise Critic Community
cangelmd

Tote bag question for someone on S-class now or recently

1 hour ago, cangelmd said:

Thanks for all the replies, we board Saturday, so I will report back.

Just sayin’, I threw into my suitcase an old thin fold up bag that we got on our single Princess Cruise - we will see what happens when I go to the pool or the beach with that one, having a Princess all over the sides!

I would definitely like to know we are cruising the end of October and a sky suite also and would like to leave my previous one at home if there is one in the room . Preferably one with a zipper .

2 minutes ago, sdnich said:

I would definitely like to know we are cruising the end of October and a sky suite also and would like to leave my previous one at home if there is one in the room . Preferably one with a zipper .

The tote bag with the zipper didn't appear until day 3 or 4. However, I bet if you ask your butler for one, he or she will make it happen.

Edited by misterkevin

2 hours ago, cangelmd said:

Thanks for all the replies, we board Saturday, so I will report back.

Just sayin’, I threw into my suitcase an old thin fold up bag that we got on our single Princess Cruise - we will see what happens when I go to the pool or the beach with that one, having a Princess all over the sides!

An officer we know very well on an NCL ship recently asked me why I was carrying around my Celebrity tote and why not one from NCL.

I replied "because Celebrity gives the tote to me, NCL has not given any tote shmote ever!". I got a plate of chocolate covered strawberries and an NCL mug and a coozie the next day. LOL!

Once a stranger has also said to me "Wrong ship".

So you may get some funny comments too sometimes.

Edited by Arzeena

On 8/4/2019 at 5:22 AM, FreestyleNovice said:

Never had flowers in Concierge Class?

We were on Infinity last month, in Concierge Class, there was no tote bag. Stateroom attendant said that they had stopped with the luxury one. Did got the thin blue basic bag, perfect for the deck and beach.

I loved the flowers we used to get in concierge class!  But they are slowly doing the death of the thousand cuts, taking away these small niceties (and hoping the newbies won't notice) while raising the prices.

We were on the Summit in July, AQ Class and got the white mesh bag with the slippers & lip balm.  We also got grey leather card carriers  and a lightweight grey tote bag (identical to the blue ones that all cabins used to get).

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

An officer we know very well on an NCL ship recently asked me why I was carrying around my Celebrity tote and why not one from NCL.

I replied "because Celebrity gives the tote to me, NCL has not given any tote shmote ever!". I got a plate of chocolate covered strawberries and an NCL mug and a coozie the next day. LOL!

But no tote!

13 hours ago, cangelmd said:

But no tote!

LOL! No tote....what a loss😁😁😁

On 8/4/2019 at 5:12 AM, bonapart5 said:

There is no bag listed on the Celebrity website Concierge Class amenities anymore.  No flowers (they used to be on the coffee table and in the bathroom), no room card holder which we really liked.  We really only book for the location now.

Taken from Celebrity Cruises website today:

Additional Concierge Class Stateroom Features:

• Dedicated Onboard Concierge desk
  • Priority check-in and priority disembarkation based on travel needs
  • Concierge availability during pier check-in
  • Exclusive pre-departure lounge
  • Exclusive Destination Seminar
  • Complimentary shoeshine service
  • Exclusive embarkation day lunch
  • Main and specialty restaurant seating time preferences
  • Welcome Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine and fresh fruit
  • Daily Delectable Delights
  • Pillow menu
  • Celebrity eXhale™ bedding featuring custom premium mattresses, plush duvets and pillows, pure cotton linens, towels, and use of bathrobes
  • Custom-blended bath amenities
  • Extra handheld hair dryer
  • Use of golf umbrella and binoculars
  • Celebrity tote bag
  • Celebrity embossed key holder, notepad and pen
  • Hansgrohe® massaging showerhead
  • Expanded room service breakfast menu

This may differ on the US based site, but the UK site clearly quotes 'Tote Bag' as Concierge amenity - if this is important to you.

It doesn't, however, state upgraded tote bag.  I believe all cabins get the cheapie ones.  Concierge class and above used to get upgraded ones.  I was in concierge class on Solstice to Alaska in May and we got one of the upgraded bags.  Going on Equinox later this month in a suite, will see what shows up.

10 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Going on Equinox later this month in a suite, will see what shows up.

Yes, please!  We are on Silhouette in November for a 9-day ABC island cruise.  We are in a RS and I'm wondering what goodies might arrive.  Enjoy!

5 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Yes, please!  We are on Silhouette in November for a 9-day ABC island cruise.  We are in a RS and I'm wondering what goodies might arrive.  Enjoy!

We are on Silhouette in 2 weeks in CC. Will let you all know if we get a tote!