Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
BirdTravels

BirdTravels to Alaska on the Norwegian Joy

Recommended Posts

Ok now I’m hungry.         That all looks very good.   For a buffet style.      19 days to go 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love  u Bird!!!    looking at pic of ice cream and I had a great dairy-free sorbet treat on the Escape, and I am wondering if the JOY/BLISS also have it?  and in looking at the butter,  it looks like a new company for the butter, since we have dietary restrictions, I am trying to see the name on the pats, looks like Home Dairies? is that correct?   thanks so much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, tomservo said:

If you find yourself near the Maltings Whiskey Bar, can you grab a quick pic of the menu? Thanks!

Talked to the Maltings bartender. While they stock additional brands of whisky, there is no special menu. Just the standard bar menu. Maltings is kinda out of the way down on Deck 6 in the spot where Cocos is on the Bliss. Or Bistro on other -away ships. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you BirdTravels !  Your posts here of Specialty menus, and the Platinum dinner vouchers in another thread answered my (unasked) questions about that benefit for my next cruise, first time Platinum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, monl765 said:

Thank you BirdTravels !  Your posts here of Specialty menus, and the Platinum dinner vouchers in another thread answered my (unasked) questions about that benefit for my next cruise, first time Platinum.

You’re most welcome. If you have any other questions about the Norwegian Joy, ask away.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

What excursions are you planning?  Did you buy them from NCL?

Edited by monl765

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On port days, in addition to Value pricing, the spa offers specials. Multiple mini treatments for a fixed price. 

 

 

E734A59B-B33C-4653-8316-B6AC090298A6.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for all of the dailies and menus!  My husband and I will be on the Joy on Saturday...can't wait!

 

I am struggling with packing the right clothes, are you finding that pants are suitable during the day or is it warm enough for capris?  We are expecting mid to high sixties, but with the ocean breeze I'm thinking pants.  Any perspective is very much appreciated.

 

Thanks again for posting so much great information!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Talked to the Maltings bartender. While they stock additional brands of whisky, there is no special menu. Just the standard bar menu. Maltings is kinda out of the way down on Deck 6 in the spot where Cocos is on the Bliss. Or Bistro on other -away ships. 

Thanks for checking!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Shoppie124 said:

Bird, are you in the Haven on the Joy?

 

Concierge. It’s a new type of cabin class that has some, but not all, suite-like amenities. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, tomservo said:

 

Concierge. It’s a new type of cabin class that has some, but not all, suite-like amenities. 

I'll have to look into it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you @BirdTravels. I will be on the Joy in September and I am reading your posts with great interest.

 

I have booked early short excursions in several ports, where the ship is scheduled to arrive at 7:00 am and the excursion starts at 8. Therefore we will need to have our stomach filled and ready to leave the ship asap.

 

What is available for breakfast at 6:45 am or so?

 

Thanks for your great posts.

 

Steven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for taking time out of your vacation and posting this. My son and his wife are aboard with you. Welcome to Juneau, there is one ship ahead of you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shoppie124 said:

I'll have to look into it!

Concierge seems similar to the Haven without Butler service or access to the Haven amenities. It's definitely something I'm considering when I get around to booking the Joy. 😉

I'd recommend you go back to the first couple of pages, Bird has posted some nice picks and explained what's included with stateroom. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Jrlady said:

Thank you for all of the dailies and menus!  My husband and I will be on the Joy on Saturday...can't wait!

 

I am struggling with packing the right clothes, are you finding that pants are suitable during the day or is it warm enough for capris?  We are expecting mid to high sixties, but with the ocean breeze I'm thinking pants.  Any perspective is very much appreciated.

 

Thanks again for posting so much great information!

It really up to you. 

 

Yesterday in Ketchikan, it was in the mid-50 when we left the ship. And it got up to the low 70’s.  We elected to wear shorts off the ship. It was cool but not cold for us. Some folks were bundled up like it was going to snow. We were happy not to be lugging around heavy coats once it warmed up. 

 

Yesterday afternoon on the ship, it was swimsuits and sun tan lotion. 

 

D5BD522B-B116-47C3-9F02-C892A52D2EA2.jpeg

F1EC1EAF-5E64-4D8D-9C68-FD1FDD64BE62.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...