BirdTravels to Alaska on the Norwegian Joy

BirdTravels

Love  u Bird!!!    looking at pic of ice cream and I had a great dairy-free sorbet treat on the Escape, and I am wondering if the JOY/BLISS also have it?  and in looking at the butter,  it looks like a new company for the butter, since we have dietary restrictions, I am trying to see the name on the pats, looks like Home Dairies? is that correct?   thanks so much!

11 hours ago, tomservo said:

If you find yourself near the Maltings Whiskey Bar, can you grab a quick pic of the menu? Thanks!

Talked to the Maltings bartender. While they stock additional brands of whisky, there is no special menu. Just the standard bar menu. Maltings is kinda out of the way down on Deck 6 in the spot where Cocos is on the Bliss. Or Bistro on other -away ships. 

6 minutes ago, monl765 said:

Thank you BirdTravels !  Your posts here of Specialty menus, and the Platinum dinner vouchers in another thread answered my (unasked) questions about that benefit for my next cruise, first time Platinum.

You’re most welcome. If you have any other questions about the Norwegian Joy, ask away.  

• Like 1

Thank you for all of the dailies and menus!  My husband and I will be on the Joy on Saturday...can't wait!

I am struggling with packing the right clothes, are you finding that pants are suitable during the day or is it warm enough for capris?  We are expecting mid to high sixties, but with the ocean breeze I'm thinking pants.  Any perspective is very much appreciated.

Thanks again for posting so much great information!

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Talked to the Maltings bartender. While they stock additional brands of whisky, there is no special menu. Just the standard bar menu. Maltings is kinda out of the way down on Deck 6 in the spot where Cocos is on the Bliss. Or Bistro on other -away ships. 

Thanks for checking!

Thank you @BirdTravels. I will be on the Joy in September and I am reading your posts with great interest.

I have booked early short excursions in several ports, where the ship is scheduled to arrive at 7:00 am and the excursion starts at 8. Therefore we will need to have our stomach filled and ready to leave the ship asap.

What is available for breakfast at 6:45 am or so?

Thanks for your great posts.

Steven

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shoppie124 said:

I'll have to look into it!

Concierge seems similar to the Haven without Butler service or access to the Haven amenities. It's definitely something I'm considering when I get around to booking the Joy. 😉

I'd recommend you go back to the first couple of pages, Bird has posted some nice picks and explained what's included with stateroom. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jrlady said:

Thank you for all of the dailies and menus!  My husband and I will be on the Joy on Saturday...can't wait!

I am struggling with packing the right clothes, are you finding that pants are suitable during the day or is it warm enough for capris?  We are expecting mid to high sixties, but with the ocean breeze I'm thinking pants.  Any perspective is very much appreciated.

Thanks again for posting so much great information!

It really up to you. 

Yesterday in Ketchikan, it was in the mid-50 when we left the ship. And it got up to the low 70’s.  We elected to wear shorts off the ship. It was cool but not cold for us. Some folks were bundled up like it was going to snow. We were happy not to be lugging around heavy coats once it warmed up. 

Yesterday afternoon on the ship, it was swimsuits and sun tan lotion. 

D5BD522B-B116-47C3-9F02-C892A52D2EA2.jpeg

F1EC1EAF-5E64-4D8D-9C68-FD1FDD64BE62.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1