Cruise Critic Community
Cruising is magic

Need help choosing a hotel in ft. Lauderdale

We have it narrowed down to Hampton Inn ft. Lauderdale/Plantation,  Hampton Inn ft Lauderdale,  or Hampton Inn Downtown Las Olas area. Would like to know the good and bad. Thank you for helping us. 

We have stayed many times at Hampton Inn Airport North Cruiseport and always been very happy with it.

I have stayed at the Hampton Inn - Plantation twice and have reservations again in January, 2020.  Nice property with free shuttle from the airport and to the port.  Decent breakfast and walkable to a mall, restaurants and a wine store.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, antmaril said:

I have stayed at the Hampton Inn - Plantation twice and have reservations again in January, 2020.  Nice property with free shuttle from the airport and to the port.  Decent breakfast and walkable to a mall, restaurants and a wine store.  

There have been reports that the Hampton Inn-Plantation now charges for the shuttle to Port Everglades.

Added:

I just checked their website:  " Our cruising guests will appreciate our one-way shuttle to Port Everglades running every hour starting at 8:00am ($5 per person fee applies)."  That isn't a bad price for 2 or 3 passengers; if you have more than that it might be worthwhile to check out Uber/Lyft/taxi fares.

Edited by capriccio

42 minutes ago, capriccio said:

There have been reports that the Hampton Inn-Plantation now charges for the shuttle to Port Everglades.

Added:

I just checked their website:  " Our cruising guests will appreciate our one-way shuttle to Port Everglades running every hour starting at 8:00am ($5 per person fee applies)."  That isn't a bad price for 2 or 3 passengers; if you have more than that it might be worthwhile to check out Uber/Lyft/taxi fares.

Thank you for the updated information.  The shuttle was free in January.  It is still a fair price and easy peasy.